PDA

View Full Version : Stymied in Fortress Campaign

call_me_ishmael
08-13-2016, 01:01 AM
I'm stuck in the first mission of the Fortress campaign, Glory before Death. I captured Fossheim, completing the first quest. I completed three steps of "Turning Point," repairing the fire cannon, but I cannot defeat Agbeth, since he hides in Renekon. I've completely scouted and cleared the surface map; I also captured the dungeon of Colris. But I can't reach Renekon or the slave camp, because there are two gates that won't open, blocking the way.

There is a "Chthonian Gate" in front of an underground entrance in the northwest corner of the surface map. I suspect this is the key to reach the slave camp, but I can't find a way past it. Can anyone tell me how to make progress? Or is something broken?

alkoriak
08-31-2016, 04:21 PM
On the way to Agbeth castle there is a broken bridge that you can repair from the other side. There are 3 entrances to the dwellings and mines from this zone. In one of them, just in front of dungeon casle there is a prisonner that you need to free and he has a special key to unlock the Chthonian Gate. Also he reveals you how to open special panels in underground to facilitate movement. You can capture all dwellings and mines from opponent and control any heroes he hires (no troops usually on them) while finishing the rest of the map with all heroes that transfer to next scenario.