PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling the next Alpha date.

coma987
08-12-2016, 07:39 PM
1 or two weeks after the 16th. They already are locking posts about the technical test, which was technically not an Alpha, but a test to see if the game works hence the name "Tech Test".

DraxeI
08-12-2016, 07:50 PM
I'll bet you a copy of For Honor that it's going to be longer than that :rolleyes:

ZenBearV13
08-12-2016, 07:52 PM
So then Aug 23 or 30?

ShuyinVardiz
08-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Do you require a new invitation for following closed beta/alpha tests or do you recieve granted access if you've been in a previous one?
I dont expect to recieve granted access to further ones, but some post sounded as if this where the case.
It would just be horrible to miss one (even though I already did miss the previous one/s?) since this is hell of a fun game and therefor great to offer feedback to any requested part of it.

Patient_Fodder
08-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Alfa around half September is my best bet (let's say the 19th).
Dec/Jan (starting just before Christmas and ending just after New Year, let's say 15th Dec) Closed and (starting Ded 27th) Open Beta.

handheld brando
08-12-2016, 08:25 PM
I'll bet you a copy of For Honor that it's going to be longer than that :rolleyes:

Don't be so sure......

I don't know any exact dates or anything but I have my own inklings.

Fatal-Feit
08-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Do you guys think the next one will be available on consoles as well? And maybe have cross-platform...

moboteh
08-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Do you require a new invitation for following closed beta/alpha tests or do you recieve granted access if you've been in a previous one?

I'm curious about this as well. Obviously some in this thread are going to all of them, being the top dawgs and all :cool:, but does everyone get invited back?

Edit: @coma987, I agree with you that it will be soon. I'm curious though, what's the significance of the 16th?

My thinking is one will be soon, then an "open beta" (stress test) in mid-late January for sure, then hopefully 1-2 in between those two events :)

handheld brando
08-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Do you guys think the next one will be available on consoles as well? And maybe have cross-platform...

If I had a personal guess I would say the console Alpha is either the next one or the one after that whenever they have them.
Considering this game is coming out on both PC and consoles its a sure fire bet that they are going to have a console one since both of the ones we have had were on PC.

AvarusTyrannus
08-12-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm curious about this as well. Obviously some in this thread are going to all of them, being the top dawgs and all :cool:, but does everyone get invited back?

Edit: @coma987, I agree with you that it will be soon. I'm curious though, what's the significance of the 16th?

My thinking is one will be soon, then an "open beta" (stress test) in mid-late January for sure, then hopefully 1-2 in between those two events :)
Gamescom, I expect a big announcement, and since E3 was all SP hype I'm thinking GC will be dropping some serious MP reveals. My bet is that we will see all the playable heroes revealed.

handheld brando
08-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Gamescom, I expect a big announcement, and since E3 was all SP hype I'm thinking GC will be dropping some serious MP reveals. My bet is that we will see all the playable heroes revealed.

My thoughts exactly.

Are you a pyschic tyrannosaur?

coma987
08-12-2016, 08:56 PM

Lawbringer hype, really wanna see how is he going to be played, having a poleaxe and heavy armor.

AvarusTyrannus
08-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Lawbringer hype, really wanna see how is he going to be played, having a poleaxe and heavy armor.

My bet is he's some kind of tank, maybe less tank than the Conqueror given that he has no shield, but a tank. That's my reasoning anyways, if each faction gets 4 heroes then maybe they get one each of the Vanguard, Assassin, and Tank class, then the last is some kind of unique mix of the other classes. For the sneaky chosen I figure the last one will be like a partial assassin class, meaning maybe the same reflex block, but a little less speed and maybe more health or range, fingers crossed it's a Naginta or Yari seen in the old CG trailer. For the more defensive Legion my guess is the Lawbringer fills that mix role, a partial tank, defense not as high, but gets a little reach over the flail with the poleaxe. For the vikings I've no clue really since the Raider got remade into the Dane Axe raider, I would have said the sword and shield viking was their mix class as a sort of support role like a little bit more defensive Vanguard.

handheld brando
08-12-2016, 09:33 PM

So much Lawbringer hype!

Seriously if we had access to Lawbringer I would be playing nothing but that.

moboteh
08-12-2016, 09:34 PM
For the vikings I've no clue really since the Raider got remade into the Dane Axe raider, I would have said the sword and shield viking was their mix class as a sort of support role like a little bit more defensive Vanguard.

Assuming there are 4 classes for each in the end, I'm going to guess a sword shield tank for vikings, then a spear & shield as their 4th 'unique mix' class. I'd imagine the spear and shield class will have medium armor and better speed than the tanks or vanguards. So you play it as kind of a guerrilla warfare class, sort of an assassin with less dps (via quick combos) and speed, but increased range and damage per hit via the spear, plus increased defense via the shield. So you can do hit & run tactics on the beefy classes, or stand and fight assassins while trying to keep a decent distance so they don't obliterate you with their superior close-up damage.

coma987
08-12-2016, 10:41 PM
My guess for the heroes for the heroes that haven't been officially confirmed for now.

Vikings:

Shield and sword, could be customized to have an axe. My guess it be meant to keep enemies until help arrives

Shield and spear, I am unsure what this one might be considered.

Samurai:

The Nagianta guy, I feel like he will be the raider of the samurai faction, except much faster and less brute strength.

Knight:

Broadsword and shield, it was heavily implied throughout the first cutscene, a fairly big shield and I am guessing is going to be a mix between a very tanky character but that can also kill. I feel like the flail knight and lawbringer both will be like the Shugoki, or like tanks in mobas.. They are called the "Knights" not the "medieval europe" so because video game default idea of a knight, is armored and somewhat slow, so I feel like we won't have any really fast class for Knights. I feel like the broadsword and shield combo will be a support where he is meant to keep multiple enemies at bay easily or take the mid objective and keep it.

yote224
08-12-2016, 11:08 PM
I think we should revisit Willow's speculation thread from forever ago and see what matched up.

MisterWillow
08-13-2016, 12:43 AM
My bet is he's some kind of tank, maybe less tank than the Conqueror given that he has no shield, but a tank.

Probably.

I figure he'll function similarly to the Raider---large health pool, decent range, good all-rounder---but probably more health (think somewhere between Raider and Shugoki), and a greater emphasis on defensive tactics and maybe more heavy strikes. More about picking your moments, just to go along with the Knight's general schtick of playing defense (generally).

if each faction gets 4 heroes then maybe they get one each of the Vanguard, Assassin, and Tank class, then the last is some kind of unique mix of the other classes

Makes sense. We already have the Vanguards of each---Warden, Raider Kensei.

For the sneaky chosen I figure the last one will be like a partial assassin class, meaning maybe the same reflex block, but a little less speed and maybe more health or range, fingers crossed it's a Naginta or Yari seen in the old CG trailer.

Gonna be exciting to see, honestly. If it is a Yari, I hope it's a cross-point, those are the best, and from what I understand, uniquely Japanese.

Since we've not seen any real spears (from the Samurai, anyway), my money's on the Naginata. Good call on the deflection mechanic, too, considering how a Naginata functions. Would be a shame it was a straight-forward hack-n-slash weapon without any deception in its strikes.

For the more defensive Legion my guess is the Lawbringer fills that mix role, a partial tank, defense not as high, but gets a little reach over the flail with the poleaxe.

Might also be able to reposition opponents, too. Not as much as the Raider, I don't think---I don't think you'll be able to carry someone around---but the way you can throw people in different directions with the axe haft I think will transfer over to the Lawbringer, at least to some degree.

For the vikings I've no clue really since the Raider got remade into the Dane Axe raider, I would have said the sword and shield viking was their mix class as a sort of support role like a little bit more defensive Vanguard.

Maybe the shield+spear lady present in the Viking campaign mission. Would be an interesting class to say the least. Fairly unique combination there. Given that a spear can be extremely quick in their movements, and the fact they have a shield (even if it is more of a buckler), they could be a cross between Assassin and Tank, which could make for an odd moveset.

I think we should revisit Willow's speculation thread from forever ago and see what matched up.

You mean this one (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1341664-Hero-class-shadows?)?

Not to toot my own horn (too much), I was right about the Dane Axe Raider and Kensei (even though I thought the latter had a taichi instead of a nodachi).

yote224
08-13-2016, 01:14 AM
I'll toot it for you, breh. It was very solid speculation at the time and other than the crossbow part I don't think much can be said against it.

It's a touchy subject, I suppose, on what can or can't be talked about now but for anyone involved they'll be able to see for themselves.

I think a knight assassin class will be a lightly armored almost ranger-esque type. I don't personally think they'll go a dual-wielding route and I don't think they'll go the rapier route either but these are just hunches. I could see a long knife (I mentioned a yataghan at some point) or a shorter sword than the Warden.

I still cling to hope on the Naginata for the polearm of the Samurai. I think it would have fast combos but shorter range than the others in his class.

Voidrek
08-13-2016, 01:37 AM
Has it been confirmed that there are only three class types (Vanguard, Assassin, Tank)? Just wondering if the Lawbringer is an all new class type.

yote224
08-13-2016, 02:56 AM
Has it been confirmed that there are only three class types (Vanguard, Assassin, Tank)? Just wondering if the Lawbringer is an all new class type.

It has been neither confirmed nor denied but asked frequently. I'd recommend giving Misterwillow's thread he linked in the post above a read to see where this speculation is coming from about 4 classes and then coupled with the campaign demo at 2016 where we heard mention of a "lawbringer" and
The kanabo wielding samurai (I forget the name they gave him) but it sounds like they've named these fellas and refer to them just like "raider" and "warden" etc which were playable at one point or another during E3.

It would SEEM like lawbringer is a separate class we don't know anything about yet for any faction but at this point there's no absolute information.

Many of us think more info will be available come Gamescom.

AvarusTyrannus
08-13-2016, 03:47 AM
I'm still hyped I was right about one of the silhouettes being a kanabo, after that everything is gravy.

Voidrek
08-13-2016, 04:23 AM
It has been neither confirmed nor denied but asked frequently. I'd recommend giving Misterwillow's thread he linked in the post above a read to see where this speculation is coming from about 4 classes and then coupled with the campaign demo at 2016 where we heard mention of a "lawbringer" and
The kanabo wielding samurai (I forget the name they gave him) but it sounds like they've named these fellas and refer to them just like "raider" and "warden" etc which were playable at one point or another during E3.

It would SEEM like lawbringer is a separate class we don't know anything about yet for any faction but at this point there's no absolute information.

Yeah, seems like he could either be a new class or maybe just another Vanguard or Tank since I guess there isn't a rule that a faction can't have two of the same class. But it would be cool if it was an entirely new class type. Then if that's the case the naginata user and the spear/shield user may share that class type for their respective factions.

Hopefully you guys are right and we get some info at Gamescom. That would be great since it's right around the corner.

MisterWillow
08-13-2016, 05:30 AM
I'll toot it for you, breh. It was very solid speculation at the time and other than the crossbow part I don't think much can be said against it.

Thanks, buddy. :D

Yeah, the crossbow speculation was based on the cropped picture they used for the website. Coma's post provided the full picture, and he looks to have a club or warhammer. Didn't think it was really a crossbow---it would be extremely silly, both because the game is clearly focused on melee, and because the Vikings didn't use crossbows---but that handle is strange. Figure it's just a knuckle guard or something.

That hero/class could have been altered, though, considering the difference of weapon between shadow/concept Kensei and in-game Kensei, so the Viking could be something else now. Hope I can pummel someone with a club, though. That'd be nice. ;)

I think a knight assassin class will be a lightly armored almost ranger-esque type. I don't personally think they'll go a dual-wielding route and I don't think they'll go the rapier route either but these are just hunches. I could see a long knife (I mentioned a yataghan at some point) or a shorter sword than the Warden.

Still think it'll be a falchion, per the silhouette. It would fit with the Assassin's glass-cannon design ethos; being such a hard-hitting weapon, they could justify the damage.

I still cling to hope on the Naginata for the polearm of the Samurai. I think it would have fast combos but shorter range than the others in his class.

They were featured in the reveal trailer, so I was a little surprised to not see their shadow represented.

However, on thinking about it more, perhaps the Samurai in the back (with what looks like a straw hat on) is holding a Naginata blade-down, so what I think is a weight is indeed a large tassel at the end of the haft---credit to WYRDB0Y if that ends up being the case :).

In the campaign walkthrough Geoff Ellenor named him Shugoki (or Shugouki, I'm iffy on spelling). (3:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuJZ2m2x0k

In the Masterclass, they say that Holden Cross (the guy with the pole-axe in the Knight mission) is a Lawbringer---specifically, it's a picture of a Lawbringer, but they're wearing exactly the same armour, and are holding the same weapon as Holden Cross. (12:12)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZO4iyF51f0

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get the remaining hero/classes revealed. Maybe another mode revealed (fingers crossed for multi-stage Siege battles). That would be great.

Patient_Fodder
08-13-2016, 11:57 PM
My guess is on the first page ....

I got caught in a spam filter ... : os
Thanks for replying to my other post.

zEzioVz
08-14-2016, 05:59 AM
Are there any rumours about tech test for ps4 or xbox1?

yote224
08-14-2016, 09:01 AM
Rumors? Sure.

Direct answers? Not so much.
The worst thing to do would be to give you false hope but I will cross my fingers for you!

oneyardshort101
08-14-2016, 04:37 PM
[/PHP]
My thoughts exactly.

Are you a pyschic tyrannosaur?

There is a site that allows you to buy accounts for the for honor closed alpha in it is says that it will run from August 4- August 9!? This may be fake but its a verified website to buy things like Fifa coins (friend uses it) and il leave the url. http://www.mmoplaystore.com/#!for-honor-closed-beta-key/csmi

oneyardshort101
08-14-2016, 04:41 PM
Rumors? Sure.

Direct answers? Not so much.
The worst thing to do would be to give you false hope but I will cross my fingers for you!

You can look into it if you want your word is probably better than mine once again the url is http://www.mmoplaystore.com/#!for-honor-closed-beta-key/csmi

iHunny
08-14-2016, 05:31 PM
August 4 to 9 have already passed and it was a PC test, I do not think that site is legit.

Patient_Fodder
08-14-2016, 06:33 PM
August 4 to 9 have already passed and it was a PC test, I do not think that site is legit.

From the moment it got posted I felt the urge to report it as spam ..... not sure.

MisterWillow
08-15-2016, 03:23 AM
From the moment it got posted I felt the urge to report it as spam ..... not sure.

Just seeing it now, and I had exactly the same thought.

Patient_Fodder
08-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Just seeing it now, and I had exactly the same thought.

Sowhatdowedo?
: o)

Crowsnevermore
08-15-2016, 07:40 PM
could be this week if we are lucky!

MisterWillow
08-15-2016, 11:22 PM
Sowhatdowedo?
: o)

I reported both of them as possible spam, so the mods can look at them.

It's up to them what happens.

Patient_Fodder
08-15-2016, 11:35 PM
I reported both of them as possible spam, so the mods can look at them.

It's up to them what happens.

Supported those reports by doing the same..

MathiasCB
08-16-2016, 01:51 AM
I kind of hope that the next test will be on console, would only be fair.

However... That means that I'll have to steal someone's PS4. :(