PDA

View Full Version : get rid of the run button

xSASxLegend
08-10-2016, 05:04 PM
i would like say i really hate how you run wish it was slower and just have them walking would make it so much better people wouldnt be able to run from battle and would make The game a lot better the ruining makes it so annoying. be fighting someone and they just run away like they can run that fast with all that amour on i hope see change in the way you run around just would make combat so much better that the only thing i hate and i think a lot of people would love it if you couldn't actually run so please could you listen and changed it vote yes or no if you think its a good idea try playing it just walking around feels like such better game and if more people did that be no 3 v 1 and stuff if you couldn't rush around like a mad man .. makes your guy,girl feel more beast just walking around too

jesus_Kryst
08-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Full plate armor weights ~50kg, full chainmail armor weights ~25kg. What Knights are wearing in For Honor would be about 30-40 kg in real life. Not sure about you but I can run with 30kg on me. Besides, if run button wouldn't be a thing Conqueror couldn't do his shield charge which is amazing. Running should be a thing because running is realistic. So is running away from a fight. Imagine you're a knight and you know you won't win. You don't mindlessly go in, you run away.

zEzioVz
08-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Full plate armor weights ~50kg, full chainmail armor weights ~25kg. What Knights are wearing in For Honor would be about 30-40 kg in real life. Not sure about you but I can run with 30kg on me. Besides, if run button wouldn't be a thing Conqueror couldn't do his shield charge which is amazing. Running should be a thing because running is realistic. So is running away from a fight. Imagine you're a knight and you know you won't win. You don't mindlessly go in, you run away.

Totally agree, If the DLC have new faction like Spartan imagine he runs and kill an enemy with 1 hit. It would be great
Sorry for my bad english

Kozahh
08-10-2016, 11:37 PM
this is a really good question, where is the maybe option? :P

MisterWillow
08-11-2016, 02:59 AM

This.

iHunny
08-11-2016, 09:07 PM
A modern soldier carry gear that weight more then that of a medieval knight.

coma987
08-11-2016, 09:09 PM
COUGH COUGH... oh my throat is killing me, sorry.Milladyn are u ******ed? *Cough.

Patient_Fodder
08-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Honestly I think rolling and running should be part of the stamina model, when full, no issue, when even slightly less, the stamina should drop when using those.

No vote on either.

Twili-letmedie
08-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Honestly I think rolling and running should be part of the stamina model, when full, no issue, when even slightly less, the stamina should drop when using those.

That'd be a nuisance in my opinion. You'd never be able to fight off the bat, you'd deplete all of your stamina getting to the fight, then you'd have to stare at each other until your Stamina is replenished. I'd recommend two different Stamina systems. One for combat and one for running/rolling.

Patient_Fodder
08-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Uhm, I would disagree ..... it would require far better management of one's stamina. Running to the field would do nothing, rolling once in a battle could do the same to your stamina as a hard attack.
Nothing major, just making the actions actually cost something.

(Good debate, thanks!)

Twili-letmedie
08-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Uhm, I would disagree ..... it would require far better management of one's stamina. Running to the field would do nothing, rolling once in a battle could do the same to your stamina as a hard attack.
Nothing major, just making the actions actually cost something.

(Good debate, thanks!)

Can you imagine how long it'd take you to get to the battle if this was the case? I agree that it would definitely require management and balance but in my opinion it'd slow the pace and make it more annoying to actually fight. The game is all about the combat and as such I think there should be a separate stamina to ensure a good battle can take place. That's my opinion, of course. I'd be happy either way!

Patient_Fodder
08-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Let me try again, running on full stamina would cost nothing ......
Running on depleted stamina would slow you down.
Same for rolling. When depleted get an action cost, when full there is no cost.

How would that slow you down going to a battle? It would slow down panic running and unrealistic acrobatics, and a well thought of retreat or escape option would have to be thought of in advance.

ZenBearV13
08-12-2016, 07:48 PM
That'd be a nuisance in my opinion. You'd never be able to fight off the bat, you'd deplete all of your stamina getting to the fight, then you'd have to stare at each other until your Stamina is replenished. I'd recommend two different Stamina systems. One for combat and one for running/rolling.

I think rolling/dodging should cost stamina, but not running.

ShuyinVardiz
08-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I really hate it if people just run away during combat, but beside the fact its a strategic desicion to "move" the fight / lure your enemy into another area, some ways of fighting involve running even if its just for short durations like two or three seconds to tempt your enemy to lower his defense or concentration.

handheld brando
08-12-2016, 08:30 PM

Pretty sure we weren't supposed to mention anything about the technical test content.

But since its out there I don't feel so bad lol.

PowerSenpai
08-16-2016, 01:48 AM
Pretty sure we weren't supposed to mention anything about the technical test content.

But since its out there I don't feel so bad lol.

dang, did not even notice that he mentioned something from the test until you pointed it out xD