PDA

View Full Version : The people in AC that are insulting other persons. The top 3. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
08-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Throughout my many ac series I found many persons insulting other persons in many games, if not all the ac games. Some of them makes me laft, the way they insult, while others have a story purpose (even if it's not that important, most of the time). This thread is for my and your top 3s. Remember that those persons can insult directly, but also indirectly.

Here is my top 3.

Third place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1H3C13OX20

Second place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acdnkIpaB4M

(Lol. You god dam ****!ng nave Vane! That always makes me laff)

And the first place (from my point of view) goes to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-2M_fnKDWw

Too bad this video have such a low volume, because I would have laugh even more. XD

So, what are your top 3? ^-^

Megas_Doux
08-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Well, this scene insults me:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/3/3b/Vittoria_agli_Assassini.png/revision/latest?cb=20110429203655&path-prefix=de

UGH!!!!!

ERICATHERINE
08-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Well, this scene insults me:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/3/3b/Vittoria_agli_Assassini.png/revision/latest?cb=20110429203655&path-prefix=de

UGH!!!!!

Lol. XD

HDinHB
08-07-2016, 09:34 PM
I couldn't find a video, but my favorite is the bureau leader in Damascus. He doesn't just insult Alta´r, he makes sure to pass on the insults of others. Here are some of his lines:

Rafiq: Alta´r. It's good to see you. And in one piece.... A few brothers of yours were here earlier, in fact. Oof, if you'd heard the things they'd said... I'm certain you'd have slain them where they stood.

Rafiq: I envy you, Alta´r. Well, not where you were beaten and stripped of your rank, but I envy everything else! Oh, except for the terrible things the other Assassins say about you! But yes, aside from the failure and the hatred, yes, aside from those things I envy you very much!

Rafiq: Most impressive, my friend. The others said you'd make a mess of things, but not I, no. I was sure you'd come through and come through you have.

Rafiq: So eager! You've certainly changed--and for the better--I might add.

And then there is Malik, who doesn't even try to conceal his disdain:

Alta´r: Safety and peace, Malik.
Malik: Your presence here deprives me of both. What do you want?

Malik: It's enough to get you started, and more than you deserve.

Malik: Listen to you! Such arrogance.

Malik: Rest, prepare, cry in the corner... do whatever it is you do before a mission. Only make sure you do it quietly.

Malik: What's this? You're actually asking for my assistance instead of demanding it. I'm impressed....Don't foul this, Alta´r.

Malik: What news, novice?
Alta´r: I am not a novice.
Malik: A man's skill is defined by his actions, not the markings on his robe. ..And that is why you remain a novice, in my eyes. You cannot know anything, only suspect. You must expect to be wrong, to have overlooked something. Anticipate, Alta´r. How many times must I remind you of this?

Malik: You performed as an Assassin should, no more, no less. That you expect praise for merely doing as told however, troubles me.

Malik: Truly you are not the man I once knew.

Alta´r: I've been a fool.
Malik: Normally I'd make no argument, but what is this? What are you talking about?
Alta´r: All this time, I never told you I was sorry. Too damn proud... You lost your arm because of me, lost Kadar. You had every right to be angry.
Malik: I do not accept your apology.
Alta´r: I understand.
Malik: No. You don't. I do not accept your apology because you are not the same man who went with me into Solomon's Temple. And so you have nothing to apologize for.

Alta´r: Safety and peace, friend.
Malik: Your presence here will deliver us both.

I especially like how, as Alta´r matures and grows, the insults turn to praise.

And then there is Haytham. Even when his words wouldn't necessarily be insulting, Haytham can say them in an insulting way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1XNd0_wuTs

ERICATHERINE
08-07-2016, 10:04 PM
And then there is Haytham. Even when his words wouldn't necessarily be insulting, Haytham can say them in an insulting way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1XNd0_wuTs

I don't know if you understand french, but I find Haytam pretty funny the way he insult Connor, but on the other hand, I find him way more funny in french. ^-^

SixKeys
08-08-2016, 01:34 AM
"Nothing hangs between your thighs. In fact there is a hole there so deep it reaches into the maledetto inferno!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLtpqDbxpnU

+1 for Damascus bureau leader and Malik.

HDinHB
08-08-2016, 02:39 AM
Good choice! Bartolomeo was one of my original three, but I went with Haytham. Caterina Sforza had some zingers too.

ERICATHERINE
08-08-2016, 01:52 PM
And talking about renaissance, conscerning my top 3, I would like to change my third choice. I found a much better one. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5e6rxIBNQ

Locopells
08-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Good choice! Bartolomeo was one of my original three, but I went with Haytham. Caterina Sforza had some zingers too.

Caterina Sforza makes your ears bleed, if you understand the Italian in Battle of Forli...

cawatrooper9
08-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Mine might not be humorous or anything, Rather, I think the most cutting insults are the ones that really dig down into belittling what a person defines themself as to their core. It's one thing for Ezio to say "Requiescat en Pace, bastardo" over a dead body- it a whole other for a dying Templar to shake an Assassin's faith, perhaps even rightfully so. In my opinion, the best insults can set off a sort of existential dread. Here are my top three picks.

"Thing is, boy, I can have what I want. had it even. you...your hands will always be empty"- Thomas Hickey
This one's rough because of how accurate it is. Connor was fighting the good fight, but even so his attempts were always futile. His story is a tragic one, and Hickey knew it would be.

"And when the lights of Civilization dim, Ezio Auditore can stand atop the mountain and say I stayed true to my Creed."- Ahmet
Pretty much sums up the Templar viewpoint, perhaps or perhaps not unfairly. Though the Templars in ACII and ACB were mustache-twirlingly evil, Ahmet here is actually trying to paint Ezio as a villain, as a fanatic who cares more for an arbitrary Creed than the greater good.

"Ironic, isn't it? That I, your greatest enemy kept you safe from harm. But now you've taken my life...and in the process, ended your own!"- de Sable
Honestly, there's a lot going on with this. Robert is pointing how Altair has been played like an utter fool, a fact apparently Robert was aware of. Second, he's pointing out how Altair's killing of him, something we'd been waiting for since the opening of the game, could well be his undoing rather than his defining moment- really kind of belittling his accomplishments... Finally, on top of all that, he's actually complimenting himself. Somebody better call Marx's fire brigade for that burn.

ERICATHERINE
08-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Mine might not be humorous or anything, Rather, I think the most cutting insults are the ones that really dig down into belittling what a person defines themself as to their core. It's one thing for Ezio to say "Requiescat en Pace, bastardo" over a dead body- it a whole other for a dying Templar to shake an Assassin's faith, perhaps even rightfully so. In my opinion, the best insults can set off a sort of existential dread. Here are my top three picks.

"Thing is, boy, I can have what I want. had it even. you...your hands will always be empty"- Thomas Hickey
This one's rough because of how accurate it is. Connor was fighting the good fight, but even so his attempts were always futile. His story is a tragic one, and Hickey knew it would be.

"And when the lights of Civilization dim, Ezio Auditore can stand atop the mountain and say I stayed true to my Creed."- Ahmet
Pretty much sums up the Templar viewpoint, perhaps or perhaps not unfairly. Though the Templars in ACII and ACB were mustache-twirlingly evil, Ahmet here is actually trying to paint Ezio as a villain, as a fanatic who cares more for an arbitrary Creed than the greater good.

"Ironic, isn't it? That I, your greatest enemy kept you safe from harm. But now you've taken my life...and in the process, ended your own!"- de Sable
Honestly, there's a lot going on with this. Robert is pointing how Altair has been played like an utter fool, a fact apparently Robert was aware of. Second, he's pointing out how Altair's killing of him, something we'd been waiting for since the opening of the game, could well be his undoing rather than his defining moment- really kind of belittling his accomplishments... Finally, on top of all that, he's actually complimenting himself. Somebody better call Marx's fire brigade for that burn.

Now you're making me see things a different way. Plus, this fits very well as insults with story purposes. Great comment. ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-10-2016, 02:00 AM

God, this one spoke to me on so many levels. Sends chills up my spine every time I hear it..

Ubi-Banshee
08-10-2016, 08:44 PM
And then there is Malik, who doesn't even try to conceal his disdain:

Alta´r: Safety and peace, Malik.
Malik: Your presence here deprives me of both. What do you want?

Yeah, pretty much all the early interactions between Malik and Altair are SO cutting. No mercy, Malik, no mercy.

SixKeys
08-12-2016, 04:21 AM
Mine might not be humorous or anything, Rather, I think the most cutting insults are the ones that really dig down into belittling what a person defines themself as to their core. It's one thing for Ezio to say "Requiescat en Pace, bastardo" over a dead body- it a whole other for a dying Templar to shake an Assassin's faith, perhaps even rightfully so. In my opinion, the best insults can set off a sort of existential dread.

Connor: All should be free.
Hancock: And we should live forever on castles in the sky! You wield your blade like a man, but your mouth like a child! And more will die now... because of that.

cawatrooper9
08-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Connor: All should be free.
Hancock: And we should live forever on castles in the sky! You wield your blade like a man, but your mouth like a child! And more will die now... because of that.

Oh man, that one too.

The tragic thing about ACIII is that Connor basically has our 21st century ideals in a time when they were simply impossible to achieve. The even more tragic thing is that there were real life visionaries like him all throughout history who knew how messed up the world was, but also knew that their best case scenario was to leave it a marginally better place.