PDA

View Full Version : DLC idea...

speedy2472006
08-05-2016, 05:18 PM
I saw a video on Youtube yesterday talking about the idea of DLC factions in for honor. They mentioned the Persians, spartans, and romans. I know people here have said that while that would be an awesome thing, the armor/weapons wouldn't hold up against that of the knights, vikings, or samurai. While this is true, I had an idea that I wanna share with you guys. If this has already been touched on elsewhere I apologize. Let's say they release those three factions, they could then have a few maps tied in with them and THOSE 3 would fight among themselves and never against the original three. Like the way some games have it set up where it's like If you wanna play the base game content go here and for dlc content go here. Just my thoughts/opinions. Honestly while i can't wait for the base game including the spartans later down the line would be epic!

Sananzos
08-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Spartans would be pretty cool, adding a temporary spear for more ranged attacks would keep them fair on the battle field. One time use for the spear of course, then a switch out for a light blade, all whilst holding a shield.
Persian would be very similar to samurai, except Nodachi swords swapped out for duel blades and a possible longsword. A good rival for the warden.
Switching between dlc and the base game, i dont think would work to well. Balancing the new with the old, id imagine would be easier once ubisoft has their footing with the current heros.
All in opinion.

Bump

MisterWillow
08-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Just going to copy/paste what I said over HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1174744-More-historical-warriors-in-the-future?p=10967287&viewfull=1#post10967287) and will probably do so from now on if new threads pop up, since it expresses my thoughts the most succinctly and has links to more detailed arguments, and it's easier than typing everything all over again (unless an actual new argument is presented).

More warrior from more cultures sounds awesome, although personally I'd prefer if they didn't add them as new factions for a couple of reasons.

1. As of right now you're only able to play as one faction per team. That is, you can't have two chosen and two legionnaires. That means that if we have 5+ factions the playerbase will be really divided and there'll be a high risk of friends not being able to play with each other using their favorite characters.

2. Since each faction need to have enough characters and diveristy to account for a four man team, that means each faction will take considerably more development time to bring to us, not to mention lots of cool historical warriors who only uses a few iconic weapons will have a hard time making it into the game since there isn't enough diversity to justify an entire faction.

I'd much prefer if new warriors either are "stand-alone" and able to chose a faction to join (i.e. available for all factions), or tacked onto an existing faction, mercenary style.

All of this expresses my thoughts, but that bolded bit is the biggest reason I don't think it's really a good idea to make entirely new factions. The proposal to have new warriors added to existing factions is something I brought up over HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237085-where-is-the-arabs), and I think that would be the best option for adding cultures; and if not as mercenaries, then as the result of alliances, even if they're shaky.

Native Americans

This would be the major exception. I think anything dealing with indigenous American cultures would work better as a standalone and completely separate expansion---similar to Battlefield Bad Company 2's Vietnam expansion---both because, from a realism standpoint, there's no way warriors wearing, at most, wooden breastplates and animal hides would be able to stand toe-to-toe with one in full plate, and, because you could get really in depth with the cultures---Maya, Aztec, Sioux, Apache, Blackfoot, etc. etc. (probably combining some, through an alliance system, or grouping them via geography [plains, plateau, jungle])---and avoid the vague stereotypes we usually get in media.

There was also this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1237085-where-is-the-arabs?) made a while ago asking for Arabic warriors. Still think they should add a Hero/class (or two) to the Legion.

RdoactvLobster
08-08-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm surprised no one has thought to chime in with a very sensible, and I think very interesting faction that could be added to the roster. Could be a little difficult lore wise to introduce them to the world of For Honor, but I definitely think the Saracens (or Arabian) armies of the medieval/feudal era. They would be in line with the technologies of the current roster of warriors, and add a flare to combat that I would think would somehow blend between Knights and Samurai. Boasting moderate armour and broad curved swords useful in sweeping attacks. Damascus Steel would provide some beautiful cosmetics for the factions customisation too. As well as the lavish and colourful silk shirts many Arabian warriors would wear beneath their armours.