PDA

View Full Version : Beginning the series

Master Tarvos
08-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Greetings all,

I have just received a shipment from Amazon, and I am going to begin the AC series today. This is on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I hope to be able to follow the story from beginning to present time.

If there is any suggestions you have for things I should do, please let me know.

ERICATHERINE
08-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Greetings all,

I have just received a shipment from Amazon, and I am going to begin the AC series today. This is on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I hope to be able to follow the story from beginning to present time.

If there is any suggestions you have for things I should do, please let me know.

There is two site you could read between parts of your gameplay. Here they are. ^-^

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates

Edit. Welcome in the forum. ^-^

cawatrooper9
08-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Well, there are a lot of threads here about the order to play the games in, but to be honest you're just as well off playing them in the order they were released.

As far as DLC goes- if you get nothing else, get The Bonfire of the Vanities and the Siege of Forli for Assassins Creed II. The other DLC is mostly decent, but not nearly as important.

And, of course, you've come to the right place. If you have any specific questions about lore or what to do while playing the game, you can always use these forums as a resource.

Welcome, and enjoy your upcoming adventures! ;)

HDinHB
08-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the forum and to my favorite games series!

Well, there are a lot of threads here about the order to play the games in, but to be honest you're just as well off playing them in the order they were released.

As far as DLC goes- if you get nothing else, get The Bonfire of the Vanities and the Siege of Forli for Assassins Creed II. The other DLC is mostly decent, but not nearly as important.

I agree with both these points. The earth won't stop spinning if you don't play them in release order, but you don't gain a whole lot either. (I played AC2 first and I still turned out okay.)

The Bonfire of the Vanities is probably the best DLC in the whole series (because...well that's another thread). Forli isn't as good, but if you are a fan of history, it has the best historical quote in the series. You should also play Freedom Cry, when you get to it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your journey! :D

cawatrooper9
08-04-2016, 02:03 PM
The Bonfire of the Vanities is probably the best DLC in the whole series (because...well that's another thread). Forli isn't as good, but if you are a fan of history, it has the best historical quote in the series. You should also play Freedom Cry, when you get to it.

Yeah, Forli was kind of underwhelming. However, you kind of need it if you want to play BotV, ad they add into each other.

And Freedom Cry is pretty cool. I'd say if you're going to include Rogue in your playthrough, Freedom Cry is a must play as well.

Sickboy7979
08-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the forums! I just recently completed the series (minus DLC). I played them in order and enjoyed the story line that way. That would be my suggestion.

Sigma 1313
08-04-2016, 03:48 PM
I'd say play the games in order, watch Embers after Revelations, and Definitely get the DLC for Ac2, ACB, AC3, AC4, ACU, and ACS. Play through all of Desmond's Story in AC Rev before deciding if you want to pay 10 dollars for more of that. A lot of people, myself included, didn't like that gameplay. Play Rogue before Unity. Other than that, take your time, have fun, and enjoy some great games! Welcome to the forums!

Master Tarvos
08-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Greetings again all,

First I want to thank you all for your input and comments.

I began playing AC last night and I like it. There are some things that I would rather have from Unity than what they have here, but I understand this was the beginning and they didn't know then how far it would go.

Peace be with you al my Brothers and Sisters,

Master Tarvos.

cawatrooper9
08-04-2016, 05:01 PM
One thing I forgot to mention about DLC- Unity's DLC, Dead Kings, isn't great but it is free. It seems like you may have already played Unity, but I thought I'd mention it in case you missed it your first time.

ERICATHERINE
08-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Greetings again all,

First I want to thank you all for your input and comments.

I began playing AC last night and I like it. There are some things that I would rather have from Unity than what they have here, but I understand this was the beginning and they didn't know then how far it would go.

Peace be with you al my Brothers and Sisters,

Master Tarvos.

You're welcome. ^-^

Locopells
08-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Someone mentioned Embers for after ACR, but I'd also suggest Lineage for pre ACII, as it gives some background to the plot's opening.

ERICATHERINE
08-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Someone mentioned Embers for after ACR, but I'd also suggest Lineage for pre ACII, as it gives some background to the plot's opening.

Lets not forget about ac ascendance. ^-^

cawatrooper9
08-05-2016, 10:41 PM

Honestly, I'd consider Lineage to be even more important than Embers. Without Lineage, the second half of ACII just seems to come out of nowhere, and it can be hard to get invested in.

Master Tarvos
08-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Greetings again all,

I just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know that I have finished the first episode of the game, and I really enjoyed it. I am now well into AC II and I have made a decision that I am going to just play the originally released versions of the game (so no DLC).

I really do like AC II and things like the size of the world, the views while riding, the variety of things that you are doing, and the storyline so far. Some of the tomb puzzles are making me crazy but otherwise it's a blast.

Well time to dive back in, I will be back again when I am done with AC II.

Thanks again for the advice and suggestions.

Master Tarvos

cawatrooper9
08-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Greetings again all,

I just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know that I have finished the first episode of the game, and I really enjoyed it. I am now well into AC II and I have made a decision that I am going to just play the originally released versions of the game (so no DLC).

If I may, I'd strongly urge you to reconsider. The two DLC memories are deeply tied into this game. You'll still get a mostly finished story, but it's considerably more patchy. These DLC memories were actually intended to be released as part of the original game- so if you're looking to play the game as it was initially supposed to be, you'd actually do better to download them.

If not, it's still a decent game, though.

Ubi-Banshee
08-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Glad you're having fun! Enjoy your romp through time :o

Locopells
08-15-2016, 08:02 PM
If I may, I'd strongly urge you to reconsider. The two DLC memories are deeply tied into this game. You'll still get a mostly finished story, but it's considerably more patchy. These DLC memories were actually intended to be released as part of the original game- so if you're looking to play the game as it was initially supposed to be, you'd actually do better to download them.

If not, it's still a decent game, though.

I would also add Freedom Cry to that, as it ties into Rogue (and was big enough to be release as a standalone game, so...).

bruwi_
08-15-2016, 08:37 PM
Greetings all,

Can't wait for it!

HDinHB
08-16-2016, 08:47 AM

Great point. At one time, I hoped for an AC TV series in the style of Lineage.

OP, I echo the suggestion that you at least play the AC2 DLC, it literally is an integral part of the main story. You will see what I mean when you get to the part of the story where the DLC fits in. It won't ruin the story, but it makes the game better, and that's rare for any of the DLC. Most of the rest of the DLC can be played after (or long after and some not at all) their main games without any real impact.

Also, AC2 and ACB dovetail together more than any other games in the series, so once you get over that WTF feeling, you'll want to start ACB.

I love the tombs, enjoy them while you can.

cawatrooper9
08-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Great point. At one time, I hoped for an AC TV series in the style of Lineage.

OP, I echo the suggestion that you at least play the AC2 DLC, it literally is an integral part of the main story. You will see what I mean when you get to the part of the story where the DLC fits in. It won't ruin the story, but it makes the game better, and that's rare for any of the DLC. Most of the rest of the DLC can be played after (or long after and some not at all) their main games without any real impact.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious. There are literally lines in the original release that subtly reference the events of the DLC, not to mention a somewhat inexplicable character development that is arguably one of thee most important aspects of Ezio's story in the game..

OP- ACII is a pretty good game regardless, and some people say it's the best in the series. I can only speak for myself, and I know that I played the game at its launch in 2009 and wasn't really all that impressed. It wasn't until late last year (after about a dozen playthroughs of ACII over the years) that I got the DLC, and it 100% changed my outlook on the game. It went from being one of my least favorites in the series to somewhere in my top 4.

Locopells
08-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Come to that, the Da Vinci Disappearance in ACB has some MD elements that lead into ACIII, so...

Master Tarvos
08-21-2016, 03:45 PM
Greetings fellow Assassin's,

Well I am moving right along and just started Revelations last night. I am still very happy and impressed with the quality and content of the games. My one real complaint is that I wish there was consistency in the controls between various games (at this point I am on the 3rd different way to synch viewpoints, and there are several other changes).

I am looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here, and what other interesting characters from history that we run across.

Be well and remember we work in the dark to serve the light.

cawatrooper9
08-24-2016, 03:27 PM
. My one real complaint is that I wish there was consistency in the controls between various games (at this point I am on the 3rd different way to synch viewpoints, and there are several other changes).

Yeah, ACR makes some weird changes in that regard. Get ready for even more coming soon in ACIII, but they'll stay pretty similar until the current gen games.