PDA

View Full Version : Just beat Syndicate and....

Sickboy7979
07-29-2016, 11:22 PM
I enjoyed the game very much. I posted a few weeks back that I started it and was enjoying it. I liked it all the way through. Beat the game at 79% synch. Did all the Marx, Darwin, ****ens, and Queen missions. Haven't done the WWI missions yet. Ending was fine. Didn't blow me away. Let me hanging a little bit. Overall, this is a very good AC game. I only started the series i the last year and have now beaten each game (minus Liberation). Not sure where I would rank it yet but, probably in the upper 50%. London was a great setting for sure, and I enjoyed the story. Side missions were fun, although liberating the Boroughs got a little repetitive but, still fun. I bought the season pass, so I still have the Last Maharaja missions and Jack missions to play. I'm going to take a break from AC (I've played like 6 AC games straight) and play something different before coming back to the DLC of this game and others. Overall, great game. I would recommend it to anyone. There isn't an AC game that I don't like yet.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-30-2016, 12:42 AM
Glad you enjoyed the game!

It's become one of my favorites now :)

Ureh
07-30-2016, 08:03 PM
You've got some great content waiting for your return. WWI and Ripper especially...

I haven't finished a lot of the side stuff either but I thought the story stuff was just right. Not too hold or cold, just right.

D.I.D.
07-30-2016, 11:24 PM
The Ripper DLC is great. Lots of love put into that one, and it's a great companion to Syndicate.

The Last Maharaja is sadly very poor. They're not great missions anyway, but they're made even worse through very shoddy animations and many severe bugs (or at least, the PC version is very buggy indeed). I can't believe that this team, even a junior sub-team, would mess up to this extent so I assume they just weren't given enough budget and/or time. The characters' mouths simply open and close during speech, as though we're seeing a placeholder animation that was never meant to reach the final product - so I would guess that's exactly what it is. Body movements are similarly jerky and unsettling. Some of the bugs made me quit trying to complete that sequence on release, making missions virtually unplayable, and I only got through them in this playthrough by perseverance.

I wish there were tickboxes for each DLC and Skill so that we could prune the game. I would happily never see the Darwin, D*ckens and Singh missions ever again. As for Skills, you have to take them in order to hit higher levels, and if you want the full choice of gear. I would love to be able to turn off, for instance, Evie's invisibility in stealth.

Ureh
07-31-2016, 05:00 AM
@D.I.D. I've only made it past mission #2 in the Maha quest line. Could be that I'm as blind as a bat, or maybe it has to do with me playing on the ps4? I haven't seen that mouth animation glitch.... yet.

Dunh dunh dunh! To be continued.

Fatal-Feit
07-31-2016, 09:11 AM
That's a great idea you have, to give yourself some breathing room and have some content left to return to.

I have a love–hate relationship with Syndicate. On one hand, I think the game is awesome; it's one of the better ACs in terms of gameplay, settings, visuals, and its story is pretty entertaining for what it was. On the other hand, I can't get over the regressions from Unity and the story feels too much like a parody (i.e. Evie believing in ghosts, overacting side characters & MD, Jack the Ripper, etc) that has no place in the franchise.

Sickboy7979
07-31-2016, 08:30 PM
Great feedback. Looking forward to getting back into the DLC. I'm going to play Far Cry Primal (one of my other favorite series) and then come back to it. Syndicate was a cool game indeed!

HDinHB
08-01-2016, 03:13 AM
Good you made it through all the games in such a short time without getting burned out. I too like all the games--some more than others.

Xstantin
08-06-2016, 03:19 AM
On the other hand, I can't get over the regressions from Unity and the story feels too much like a parody (i.e. Evie believing in ghosts, overacting side characters & MD, Jack the Ripper, etc) that has no place in the franchise.

Pretty much my thoughts :p

I have unholy amount of hours spent playing Unity. On the other hand I just can't replay Syndicate, even though it's supposed to follow with 360-do-whatever approach