PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Online: Alliance - Announced

Sorrosyss
07-29-2016, 10:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZAZfQYJ.jpg

Seems the MMORPG we heard about awhile back has been announced in China at ChinaJoy2016.

"Assassins Creed Online: Alliance will be a mobile game set in Renaissance Italy and will allow players to explore cities like Florence and Rome. There will be two factions, Assassins and Templars, and the player may choose which team to participate in a competitive match".

The game will include arenas and PVP combat in real time. Assassins Creed online: Alliance is being developed by Ubisoft in partnership with Ourpalm. No forecast or release date for the game."

"You'll start as nobody but can choose to join Assassins or Templars and you can even sneak around and assassinate other players in PvP (Ubisoft reveals nothing about PvP, unfortunately)."

(credit to The Ones Who Came Before (https://www.facebook.com/Theoneswhocamebefore))

As a staunch supporter of Assassin's Creed multiplayer being spun off to a standalone title, I can't help but be a touch disappointed by this announcement.

Firstly, it is a mobile game. As AC is predominantly a console/PC based franchise, this game will inevitably lack the depth or technical flair that a full console title could offer us. As it is coincidentally set in the same time setting and areas as AC Identity, you can't help but think some resources may have been repurposed here.

Secondly, it is for the China market only - currently. It's evidently a lucrative market, but the core fanbase is still within North America and Europe. I suppose it may be a soft launch, as AC Identity did in Australia before releasing globally.

Still, this is the first sign of any new AC multiplayer in near two years. Being able to create and customise my own Assassin and Templar in detail is something I've wanted for a long time (especially as female models appear to be present too). If it is successful, hopefully other multiplayer projects may come to fruition.

cawatrooper9
07-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Is there like some Ubisoft convention going on right now with all these (kind of underwhelming) announcements?

Good find, though. Not my cup of tea, but it's an interesting idea.

nukelukespuke34
07-29-2016, 11:20 PM
LOL!!!! Still not done milking Renaissance Italy, eh Ubi?

col_96
07-31-2016, 12:13 AM
Thanks for sharing :)

Had to translate a lot of Chinese pages via google translator to find this game haha :D

D.I.D.
07-31-2016, 12:40 AM
The movie series means we're likely to see a lot more mobile games from now on. They may never sell as well as the main series, but they sell to a new audience that has likely never played an AC game before. Being cheap to make and cheap at point of sale is another plus.

pacmanate
07-31-2016, 01:29 AM
Seems to me like this was supposed to be in AC Legacy but got cut so they could put out another mobile game.

Fatal-Feit
07-31-2016, 01:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG786vSouGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsyUDxBuR-s
Gameplay videos.

cawatrooper9
08-01-2016, 03:51 PM
This might be stating the obvious, but here goes- that first video looked a lot like Florence, for sure. But the second one seemed to be Havana. Are there multiple time periods in this game?

Also, I said earlier that this didn't really appeal to me, but let me clarify- I probably would play if it was released for consoles- I just don't see this as being a huge advantage on mobile (as opposed to something like Pokemon Go, which actually uses the mobile aspect as a huge part of gameplay).

Farlander1991
08-01-2016, 03:55 PM
But the second one seemed to be Havana. Are there multiple time periods in this game?

I think the first one is Alliance and the second one is Bloodsail, though I'm not sure.

cawatrooper9
08-01-2016, 04:42 PM
I think the first one is Alliance and the second one is Bloodsail, though I'm not sure.

That actually makes more sense. Now that you mention it,, the gameplay between the two videos looks very different.

Sorrosyss
08-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the gameplay video. Nice to see some AC elements present like viewpoints, hay carts, and shrubbery stealth. Then there is the MMO type quest giver, stylized combat, and damage numbers. I've been curious to see all these elements together in the franchise for some time, as such I'd be really interested in trying this game out. I just need to pickup some Chinese lessons...

ze_topazio
08-03-2016, 06:59 PM
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13662165_840277219406522_6464971960358060837_o.jpg

cawatrooper9
08-03-2016, 07:10 PM
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13662165_840277219406522_6464971960358060837_o.jpg

Hmm... that screenshot almost seems to imply choosing between Assassins and Templar factions. NOW I'm intrigued.

Sorrosyss
08-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Hmm... that screenshot almost seems to imply choosing between Assassins and Templar factions. NOW I'm intrigued.

Thats already confirmed (its in the OP ;)), both factions are playable. Kinda excites me too.

cawatrooper9
08-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Thats already confirmed (its in the OP ;)), both factions are playable. Kinda excites me too.

Oh, well I feel like an idiot, haha.

But that's really cool, neat idea for a game. This thing might win me over yet.

Locopells
08-04-2016, 12:28 AM

Reminds me of the Black Sails opening titles...

cawatrooper9
08-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Reminds me of the Black Sails opening titles...

Haven't watched it yet. Any good?

Locopells
08-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Be warned for a fair amount of (mostly female) nudity and pretty bloody (though not OTT gore) violence, if that ain't your thing (though it gets better as the seasons progress), but yeah, I'd say so.

cawatrooper9
08-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Be warned for a fair amount of (mostly female) nudity and pretty bloody (though not OTT gore) violence, if that ain't your thing (though it gets better as the seasons progress), but yeah, I'd say so.

I'm a Game of Thrones superfan. Sounds right up my alley, to be honest.

Locopells
08-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Oh right, well in that case, Black Sails will be a walk in the park and yeah, I think you'll like it.

Any-hoo, I'm going off topic here *slaps wrist*