PDA

View Full Version : I want Juno to blow up the roof

joshoolhorst
07-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Oké now I have your attention thanks:)

I want in the rumored AC Empire to play as Galina and see Juno getting free. I want to fight her in a Abstergo building and I don't know maybe blowing stuff up that is maybe over dramtic but I want to see the worlds reaction to Juno standing on the roof of Abstergo.
It has been way to long we got real freedom outside the Animus/Helix. I want to fight something like her and with a year extra work this can maybe be possible right?
It's just I want Juno plot just moving on and third person MD again like Brotherhood and good historian stuff.
Not like Unity with Bishop and the awfull history in that game

Edit: but that will probably never happen if the movie becomes a hit because they need to explain it and can't just ignore it in the sequels

cawatrooper9
07-29-2016, 07:08 PM
I think just about everyone wants the MD story to pick up the pace, but this is really putting the pedal to the metal.

Ureh
07-29-2016, 09:04 PM
I'd love to fight her too... hopefully it's not just a cutscene, qte, or whatever we're used to. AC's boss fights, especially 1v1, always had a lot room to improve (I've never tried ToKW).

It's because most of the combat systems revolve around killing multiple enemies so when you're only fighting one person it becomes even easier and mundane. But if they switch to a 1v1 dueling style combat then they'd have to change the combat in the rest of the game too. They could try to include unique gameplay used only for the Juno fight but they probably would've done that long ago if it was easy.

Al Mualim was basically just an elite guard, so were the illusions from the apple. Rodrigo was a seeker with more health. Cesare was just an elite version of the papal guards. I think Ahmet was all qte, Shahkulu was a beefier version of the Janissary archetype. AC3 - haven't tried tokw - had multiple boss fights but those have the same issues as the previous games. AC4's Tiburon was just a meat shield. Most of Rogue's boss fights didn't revolve around combat if you played them as intended. Bellec fight had some semi-unique stuff where he fought with the same skills as Arno and occasionally disappear in a cloud of smoke to try and ambush you... but that was pretty much it and most players probably ended the fight early with a lvl 5 weapon. Germain was just sneaky stuff. Starrick, Jack, etc. List goes on... I think everyone already had the idea.

cawatrooper9
07-29-2016, 10:55 PM
To be honest, Ureh, I'd say my favorite boss fight in the series has to be with Roberts. It begins with a stealth section, transitions into a naval chase, becomes then becomes an epic 4-way naval fight. By the time you get to Bart's ship, you basically can kill him however you wish- stealthily from above, in a noble sword duel, or from the safety of the Jackdaw's deck via a ranged weapon.

It's just such an open-ended mission that manages to give the player a ton of options while still being challenging. I think AC thinks a lot of the time that a boss fight has to be a one on one brawl, but that's not the case at all, nor does it play into any of the franchise's strengths.

Ureh
07-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Yeah only adhering to some of their strengths is nice approach, multiple paths to the same end is awesome. As for the Bart mission, you mentioned the build-up to that moment, which is a great way to set up the atmosphere of the confrontation, pretty much the last few sequences spend their time building up to it. However the overall feel of naval fight just before you board the Royal Fortune might vary from player to player... I thought it was underwhelming on my 1st playthrough because the game let me spend quite a bit of time upgrading the Jackdaw, by then I already had the elite weapons so the enemy ships put up about as much of a fight as a fleet of schooners. On my 2nd playthru I didn't go past lvl 4 upgrades so the battle felt a bit more epic. Just me being nitpicky about the upgrading aspect. I thought ship sailing, aiming/firing cannons, attempting to dodge cannons and the occasional rogue wave worked well. Add all of that on top of the storm... the end result is nice.

However here's my main focus. As you mentioned, there're various ways to approach that final encounter: we can strike from above, stay on the Jackdaw, or engage in a sword fight. It's nice those options are all viable to pass the mission, but the problem (that I have) is with the sword fight. The way that combat in most ACs work don't really feel appropriate for that 1v1 sword fight. Countering is straightforward, then you just combo Bart a few times... climbing up to the mast and hanging him would probably feel more satisfying.

On one hand, I understand that Bart is ultimately just a human and Edward is the ultimate fighter... so maybe the former shouldn't be able to put up a fight at all. On the other... Bart's supposed to have surpassed Edward... yet I didn't feel that in the naval fight (Jackdaw's Elite upgrades just totally owned all 3 factions) and the combat felt more like a one-way fight than a duel.

So now we're focusing on Juno who is more than human... inherent ability to control the artifacts... physically stronger than any human, has the power to move through the animus and helix database in a flash, as if she was born for it. Implied to be far more intelligent than us. Let's say they make her into a boss fight. There's a stealth option which will hopefully feel satisfying. Although I'm having a hard time picturing how we'll sneak on up on her in the physical world and the animus (which seems like it's her domain). So do they just stop it there with no other options (combat) to take her down?

You know what I mean? Like... we should feel that the final fight was worth all these years of waiting for the story to advance and not end up as a... qte or a "counter, combo, done" or... "That's it?!"

Hopefully these concerns are valid... I get the feeling that I just complain too much. Anyway thanks for your reply, cawa. Appreciate it.

col_96
07-31-2016, 12:11 AM
Really don't want to play as Galina after seeing her in Syndicate. She's so cold! Also, the comics have confirmed this.

We need a modern day character that people actually like.

Callum Lynch or Charlotte de la Cruz perhaps.

Shaun Hastings or Gavin Banks.

Yeah I can see the Juno plot becoming a big thing.

ERICATHERINE
07-31-2016, 07:11 PM
I wonder. Do anyone remember this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEnM7RaojU

Man that would have been better. ^-^

RinoTheBouncer
08-01-2016, 01:51 PM
That would be a dream come true for me. I want Juno to be an actual entity, present physically and in The Grey, and somehow controlling everything. I want gameplay to be epic, and there would be an actual war going on with her. Not the whole world safe and sound and Juno only talking to a handful of people for a few seconds each game. I wanna know that there's an imminent danger, not just one of these radical groups who threaten and do little things here and there with no significant change, effect or damage.

cawatrooper9
08-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Yeah only adhering to some of their strengths is nice approach, multiple paths to the same end is awesome. As for the Bart mission, you mentioned the build-up to that moment, which is a great way to set up the atmosphere of the confrontation, pretty much the last few sequences spend their time building up to it. However the overall feel of naval fight just before you board the Royal Fortune might vary from player to player... I thought it was underwhelming on my 1st playthrough because the game let me spend quite a bit of time upgrading the Jackdaw, by then I already had the elite weapons so the enemy ships put up about as much of a fight as a fleet of schooners.

Yeah, that's definitely an issue with that section- though if could be easily amended with some Bethesda inspired enemy scaling.But yeah, as it is it's certainly far from perfect. I guess the way I saw it, the player is rewarded by besting Bart if they've put in the hard work to upgrade the Jackdaw.

So now we're focusing on Juno who is more than human... inherent ability to control the artifacts... physically stronger than any human, has the power to move through the animus and helix database in a flash, as if she was born for it. Implied to be far more intelligent than us. Let's say they make her into a boss fight. There's a stealth option which will hopefully feel satisfying. Although I'm having a hard time picturing how we'll sneak on up on her in the physical world and the animus (which seems like it's her domain). So do they just stop it there with no other options (combat) to take her down?

I think we're still a good ways away from fighting Juno, but I think it might be fun to have a two-pronged fight like that- one in the real world and one in the Animus. It might be cool to have the Animus one focused on trying to get her to desynchronize- maybe flashing throughout history and trying to make Juno accidentally do things that she wouldn't really do, stuff that advances human freedom (such as throwing her off a building and knocking down the Berlin wall). Would be kind of cheesey, but it would also be a neat way to kind of tie together the historical aspect of the series.

As for the physical fight- well, unless Desmond comes back, I don't think we've yet even played as the MD protagonist who would fight her- so it's kind of tough to even speculate the circumstances of that.