PDA

View Full Version : Seperate Bomber Pilot and Bombadier

Tooz_69GIAP
03-02-2004, 08:19 AM
There was some talk about requesting that the Bomber Pilot would not have to be the Bombadier as well, that the player manning the guns would have responsibility for dropping the bombs via the bombsight.

I forgot which thread this subject was mentioned the other week. Was there any response on this issue??

It really is annoying when you are flying an aircraft having to sight through the bombsight at the target, making sure that you do not deviate from your course, and you fly level and steady at the same time. It is near enough impossible to do it competently, to be honest!!

Would it be possible online for you to give access to the bombsight to the player manning the guns as well as the pilot? To me that seems to be the only thing stopping this happening is that this player can't even get to the station within the aircraft.

Cheers

Tooz

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/Image_Archive/badges/69giap_badge_tooz.jpg
Za Rodinu!

Tooz_69GIAP
03-02-2004, 08:19 AM
There was some talk about requesting that the Bomber Pilot would not have to be the Bombadier as well, that the player manning the guns would have responsibility for dropping the bombs via the bombsight.

I forgot which thread this subject was mentioned the other week. Was there any response on this issue??

It really is annoying when you are flying an aircraft having to sight through the bombsight at the target, making sure that you do not deviate from your course, and you fly level and steady at the same time. It is near enough impossible to do it competently, to be honest!!

Would it be possible online for you to give access to the bombsight to the player manning the guns as well as the pilot? To me that seems to be the only thing stopping this happening is that this player can't even get to the station within the aircraft.

Cheers

Tooz

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/Image_Archive/badges/69giap_badge_tooz.jpg
Za Rodinu!

Oleg_Maddox
03-02-2004, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:

Cheers

Tooz

_whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!_

_Za Rodinu!_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We told with the release of this feature that we can't make online by other way.

CD_Turbo
03-03-2004, 04:05 AM
bombing is easy and shouldnt be left for the gunner, but it would be fun with a gunner bomber option too..

The pilot needs to press the level stabilizer button and go to bomber view mode and release stabilizer when small corrections to heading are required.

very easy

CD_turbo

WWMaxGunz
03-03-2004, 09:57 AM
I knew a man who flew in B-17's and B-29's and he said that the bombadier took control of the plane before the bombs were dropped. The bombadier actually flew the plane with the Norden sight controls and it was released to the pilot when the bombs were dropped. Can't say it was the same on others but I also can't see how precision bombing could be done otherwise regardless of what Hollywood would have us believe. Was the big secret of the Norden the ability to control the plane? Maybe true, then I would not expect such close bombing from any other level bombers.

Neal