PDA

View Full Version : Uplay crashing Syndicate

McSmartass
07-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Dear Ubisoft,
First of all, let me say that Syndicate is a fine game and i thank the team for it.
Secondly let me say that it only became that game when i switched uplay to offline mode.
From the beginning of the game i had experienced crashes. The game crashed when I finished each sequence as well as when I captured a city district in the game.
I tried all the various convoluted solutions proposed on the forums. None of them worked. I shrugged it off, and supposed that for whatever reason the game was just crashing at major world state changes. But then i noticed that the game also crashed when i completed the club action for crafting ten items.
At that point i realized that the game wasn't crashing when i completed a sequence, it was crashing when i got the club action for completing a sequence.
I tried switching uplay to offline mode - bingo! From that point on, no more crashes at all.
Bit of a shame that uplay, something that was meant to slightly improve the game with achievements and whatnots ended up hamstringing it.
It would be grand if you did mend this issue but i am not holding out hope.
Cherio!
A fan of the series, renewed by Syndicate.

Locopells
07-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the forums!

One possible compromise - some people reported issues with the Uplay overlay. If you turn that off, you might be able to keep Uplay connected, without the crashes?

Rio_Rossi
12-06-2016, 03:13 AM
I'm having the same issue (Steam version).

Turning off Uplay overlay doesn't solve the crashes.

strigoi1958
12-06-2016, 04:13 PM
you may need to turn steam overlay off as well, I never have any overlays running as they can cause problems