PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else just refreshing the forums hoping for new info?

coma987
07-25-2016, 08:26 PM
Is like E3 2015, just waiting for an Alpha to be announced or some new interesting information. Anyone else doing the same?

MisterWillow
07-25-2016, 11:33 PM
Constantly :p

VaIkyrjur
07-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Ever since the previous Alpha

Quikkfeet
07-26-2016, 12:14 AM
Ya i'm with you. Been waiting to play since the beginning :(

ksatnodesaelp
07-26-2016, 02:29 AM
Yes, but since we're so far away from release I don't really expect much of anything.

MisterWillow
07-26-2016, 03:55 AM
Yes, but since we're so far away from release I don't really expect much of anything.

Gamescom's coming up. We'll probably get some more info then.

eNigmaRisiNg
07-26-2016, 10:52 AM
I've been refreshing daily but it's always just spam bots and advertising. Someday soon there will be some news that makes my day

coma987
07-26-2016, 11:06 AM
I wish they at least gave us speculated dates, that is the biggest problems, there's no hope. Soon isn't really specific enough but for example if someone asks, when are you lot planning to do the next Alpha and they would say something like "We think that in around a month we should be able to make one" just to give us some hope.

MisterWillow
07-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Soon isn't really specific enough

But what about 'very soon'? :p

coma987
07-27-2016, 12:55 AM
But what about 'very soon'? :p

Very very very very soon*

AvarusTyrannus
07-27-2016, 07:24 AM
I'm not really expecting anything substantial until Gamescom, they have no reason not to just wait and do a big reveal then when everyone is paying attention. Additionally showing off more and building more hype at Gamescom will likely get the beta even more attention, I'm sure they want a lot of people involved in that.

That said I do hope the stream that was initially planned gets rescheduled soon, Gamescom isn't for another couple of weeks after all.

Dez_troi_aR
07-28-2016, 01:06 AM
Is like E3 2015, just waiting for an Alpha to be announced or some new interesting information. Anyone else doing the same?
Absolutly :D

MisterWillow
07-28-2016, 01:15 AM
That said I do hope the stream that was initially planned gets rescheduled soon, Gamescom isn't for another couple of weeks after all.

Me too. Was really looking forward to that.

Over on Twitter, Pope's back, but now Emile's in France, so... yeah. :nonchalance:

Chaf--
07-28-2016, 02:23 AM
I am, too, but more about seeing what you guys are posting. What questions are you asking or answering, what do you think...
I really hope this game will have a strong community.

AvarusTyrannus
07-28-2016, 07:40 AM
I am, too, but more about seeing what you guys are posting. What questions are you asking or answering, what do you think...
I really hope this game will have a strong community.

I think the most pressing question is how will loot, leveling, and currency be handled. Following that is what can we expect from the season pass content.

Neither are questions I expect to be answered in a stream before Gamescom, in all honesty those are questions I'd expect to get answered following gamescom and the alpha rather than during.

I'd love to know if we will get the two axe berserker people expect of a viking game, or what the last knight and samurai will be...warhammer? Short sword? Two short swords? Main-Gauche? Yari? Naginta? Jutte? Kusarigama?, but I think those kinds of announcements they will hold for the conference.

Not sure what that leaves...map packs? How many maps? Game modes? Matchmaking system? Anti-cheat? There are lots of great possible questions but typically streams like this stick to the basics and stuff that has been answered before, " Is there multiplayer ?"

SpaceKekz
07-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Every Day. Sharpening Swords and Axes just for the moment when the good news finally arrive :D

waraidako
07-29-2016, 03:49 PM
Soon™ my axe will taste the blood of my enemies! :O

Dead1y-Derri
07-30-2016, 04:00 AM
I am refreshing the forums so often but its more for spam prevention than for new info :P

Only joking!

Personally I don't know when we'll get more info, we might get some at gamescom but usually gamescom doesn't come out with any major announcement, its mostly going over the same stuff with perhaps a little bit of new footage but even then, it might just be more of the same.

I am looking forward to more play tests.

AvarusTyrannus
07-30-2016, 07:18 AM
I am refreshing the forums so often but its more for spam prevention than for new info :P

Only joking!

Personally I don't know when we'll get more info, we might get some at gamescom but usually gamescom doesn't come out with any major announcement, its mostly going over the same stuff with perhaps a little bit of new footage but even then, it might just be more of the same.

I am looking forward to more play tests.

I don't think they would have had a competition to bring along "community reporters" to gamescom if it was going to be just an E3 rehash, that's a waste of time, money, and effort.

Dead1y-Derri
07-30-2016, 10:09 PM
I don't think they would have had a competition to bring along "community reporters" to gamescom if it was going to be just an E3 rehash, that's a waste of time, money, and effort.

It is a good point and I forgot about that. I think I'm just thinking back to last year when I went to gamescom, nothing new was really announced across the ubisoft line up, not just For Honor but like AC, we didn't have too much new info come from gamescom but like you said we do have Community Reporters this year, so they might drop some big news for them.