PDA

View Full Version : Starting locations aircraft in PF COOPs

MetalG.
08-28-2004, 05:34 AM
Heya.

I've just played some coops in FB and what I was wondering about is the way the aircraft start in them.
As you probably all know you (usually) start on the runway, all nicely lined up behind each other, ready to go. If you try to change this in the mission editor (so move the takeoff waypoint to for example an aircraft shelter), you will still end up starting on the runway anyway.
Wouldn't it be nicer if we could start from positions (maybe camouflaged ones) around the runway, maybe in front of hangers, so we have to taxi to the runway? I think this would add a lot to the immersion and realism, and it also opens new options for scramble missions, straffing missions, etc.
Imagine starting your B-25/G4M's (take your pick) engines from it's parking place somewhere around the field, surrounded by some service vehicles, trees and fuel trucks, in the hot afternoon Pacific sun. You warm up the engines as you see the first flight of your bomber group taxi in front of you towards the runway, leaving dust behind them from the prop wash. Next to your plane a car carrying some officers heads for the mess. You check your engine gauges and other instruments, then, when it's clear, you taxi in behind the other bombers. You then line up on the runway, ready to go when it's your turn.
And ofcourse this goes for fighters too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'm no programmer but I don't think this should be very hard to make it possible.

So what do you guys think?

[This message was edited by MetalG. on Sat August 28 2004 at 05:08 AM.]

MetalG.
08-28-2004, 05:34 AM
Heya.

I've just played some coops in FB and what I was wondering about is the way the aircraft start in them.
As you probably all know you (usually) start on the runway, all nicely lined up behind each other, ready to go. If you try to change this in the mission editor (so move the takeoff waypoint to for example an aircraft shelter), you will still end up starting on the runway anyway.
Wouldn't it be nicer if we could start from positions (maybe camouflaged ones) around the runway, maybe in front of hangers, so we have to taxi to the runway? I think this would add a lot to the immersion and realism, and it also opens new options for scramble missions, straffing missions, etc.
Imagine starting your B-25/G4M's (take your pick) engines from it's parking place somewhere around the field, surrounded by some service vehicles, trees and fuel trucks, in the hot afternoon Pacific sun. You warm up the engines as you see the first flight of your bomber group taxi in front of you towards the runway, leaving dust behind them from the prop wash. Next to your plane a car carrying some officers heads for the mess. You check your engine gauges and other instruments, then, when it's clear, you taxi in behind the other bombers. You then line up on the runway, ready to go when it's your turn.
And ofcourse this goes for fighters too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'm no programmer but I don't think this should be very hard to make it possible.

So what do you guys think?

[This message was edited by MetalG. on Sat August 28 2004 at 05:08 AM.]