PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler alert]An explanation of why the requirement is too high (bs) for the demo

Roloca.
07-23-2016, 01:20 AM
Hey guys, yes I know that currently there are only 2 levels are available (and only 1 is failable), but according to Ubisoft or RedLynx's plans we should complete the whole game in 15 faults or less to get access to the full game. This requirement is bs and its only purpose is to make people download the game and then buy it on GMG for 3 EUR/$/pounds.

Why do I think that? Well, because the game is the fusion of Trials and side-scrolling platforming. And if Trials wouldn't be hard enough, then there are the horrible controls for the side-scrolling parts, which make it look like that the whole floor is covered in soap. I am sure that 99.9% of the people, who will download the demo won't be able to complete it with the given requirements and would instead just go for the GMG copy, and I'm sure that none of the developers would be able to complete the challenge, even when they know the maps inside out. It's like Doom (2016)'s Ultra-Ultra Nightmare given that you can only try this once, because once your account reaches 15 lifetime faults, you would be locked out from the promotion forever.

Now let me list the parts, where people will fail miserably:
-on foot parts on later levels (those lasers are just horrible, when you have to free a Blood Dragon with Rox)
-minecart parts (especially on Hell-Vegas, where you just can't foresee when to slow down before the saws).
-grappling hook parts (learning a new mechanism takes time and fails).
-the fcking part, where you have to deliver that bomb with Slayter to the mouth of the alien (it's so annoying that you have to be slow, yet you have to be fast enough to make past the jumps, oh and when Slayter switches to his jetpack, that is where the real "fun" comes into play.
-any Jetpack part in general
-the bossfight against the Sinjas

Some of the levels in the game are clearly made for making this challenge impossible for more players, so that's why, this is not a challenge, but an attempt to try and get more players onto the game, who will eventually give up and just buy it off GMG instead.

According to the news I've expected something like this: The special demo would have been available for 24 hours only. All levels are playable, but you will only get the full game if you complete them with 15 faults or less. That would have meant that you are able to revisit levels and try and get 0 faults on them. At the end the game would have counted how many faults you had at the end of the levels, and if you would have had 15 or less, you would have gotten free access to the game forever. Explanation: You complete levels 0-26 with 0 faults by revisiting them and improving your fault record, and you complete level 27 with 14 faults, you would have gotten free full access to the game.

My final bet is that there will be around 10 people who will be able to complete the demo according to your requirements once you fix the bug, which didn't let players get to level 2 despite failing less times than 15 (or not failing at all).

gregofet
07-23-2016, 01:38 AM
Yeah, the demo doesn't even let play past the second level anyway, making it impossible to do in the first place. I recorded my footage and complaints:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3mQadNYrw8

Roloca.
07-23-2016, 01:39 AM
That is a bug, but in this thread I talk about how and why people will fail on other levels of the game making it virtually impossible to beat the game with 15 or less fails.

vincio09
07-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Wait a moment... Are you saying this promotion is just a ploy by Ubisoft to get people to play and buy the game?

WHOA!

Thank you for this revelation. Without your astoundingly detailed argument I never would've seen it on my own, because it's not like selling you on the game is the point of EVERY DEMO EVER RELEASED!

Roloca.
07-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Wait a moment... Are you saying this promotion is just a ploy by Ubisoft to get people to play and buy the game?

WHOA!

Thank you for this revelation. Without your astoundingly detailed argument I never would've seen it on my own, because it's not like selling you on the game is the point of EVERY DEMO EVER RELEASED!

How dumb should one be to not read the news that this is a SPECIAL DEMO? Yes, all demos want you to try it out and then buy the full game, but this one lets you play the FULL GAME for as long as you don't have 16 faults. Your "well-worded" comment reflects that you probably didn't even read the whole post or if you did, you failed to understand what it was about. In the post, I detailed why almost no one will be able to complete Ubisoft's challenge on the TOTBD demo, but seems like your brain totally missed this information. Let me help you: This is not a standard demo with pre-set amount of levels, no. This is a special demo, which lets you play the whole game from start to finish as long as you don't have 16 lifetime faults. It's like playing an Ultra-Ultra Nightmare mode on Doom (2016), but instead of the enemies being stronger and you getting only 1 life, you get 15 lives but you can only try it once.

You say that all demos' purpose is to make people buy the full game, however TOTBD Demo can give access skillful players to the whole game. Which other demo does that? What do you get for beating Doom demo on the hardest difficulty? "Thanks for playing, now buy the game!". Ubisoft made it look like that people can get access to the full game if they are skillful enough, in theory. But the requirement to get it is bs (15 faults or less). Nobody is able to almost perfectly complete a game, which they just started playing. That is what this discussion is about, but looks like you totally missed to understand it.

Kaiser-Panda
07-23-2016, 11:29 PM
its only purpose is to make people download the game and then buy it on GMG for 3 EUR/$/pounds.
That would have meant that you are able to revisit levels and try and get 0 faults on them..

IMHO you're on the wrong way. We have to see this challenge as a prize competition for the release of the game, not as a real gift. Only a few people win this kind of competition, not everyone. Remember that the game is new, only one month.

And come on : even if you're right with your conspiracy theory between Ubi, GMG and the Illuminati, a -75% sale is a honest price for this game I guess, don't you think ?

PS : Sorry for my english, not my native language.

Roloca.
07-24-2016, 12:26 AM
IMHO you're on the wrong way. We have to see this challenge as a prize competition for the release of the game, not as a real gift. Only a few people win this kind of competition, not everyone. Remember that the game is new, only one month.

And come on : even if you're right with your conspiracy theory between Ubi, GMG and the Illuminati, a -75% sale is a honest price for this game I guess, don't you think ?

PS : Sorry for my english, not my native language.

I know that competitions should be hard, but this one is impossible for those, who see the game for the first time. There are just so many parts, which were made to make this challenge impossible. Even if you are a Trials expert and can play through any level perfectly,you still have to deal with the on-foot parts with the horrible controls. All I'm saying that this is not a competition, but a plan to make people buy the game instead of earning it. There are better ways for making the challenge hard, but not impossible. They could have created a special extreme level and would have set a requirement of 0 faults, but making it replayable. The challenge is there, hard yet fair, instead of letting players have 15 tries for the whole game. This is a "competition" only those will be able to complete, who have mastered TOTBD on an other console or on an other account.

Reading back it might have looked like as a conspiracy theory but actually I'm leaning towards buying it and keeping myself from the hassle. Even though I have played it at a friend's house, and 0 faulted most of the levels, I wouldn't be able to complete it in 15 faults because of the parts I listed above. I'm actually looking forward to people, who will be able to beat the demo.

Jtrunn84
10-07-2016, 10:43 PM

WHOA!

made me lol

It's like UbiLynx don't actually want you to get a free copy of the game and *gasp* want to earn revenue! What a malicious and filthy way to run a business.