PDA

View Full Version : Where is the demo?????

I9STEVEMAC89
07-22-2016, 09:19 AM
Why can i not see the demo on uplay which was meant to be out today??

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Probably Ubisoft forgot about their own promotion. I have asked them on Twitter, Facebook and now decided to come here. It's not nice from them especially that I will have to download that demo with a not so amazing internet connection.

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Got a reply from Ubisoft Support: Hi, The demo should be available today but unfortunately i have no ETA at this time i'm afraid.

Farlander1991
07-22-2016, 12:21 PM
Hi. The demo release should be out today, there are some technical hurdles that popped up that have to be taken care of. I will update the thread if there will be any delays.

Apologies for any inconvenience :)

EDIT: Oh, posted a minute late :D

I9STEVEMAC89
07-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Hi. The demo release should be out today, there are some technical hurdles that popped up that have to be taken care of. I will update the thread if there will be any delays.

Apologies for any inconvenience :)

EDIT: Oh, posted a minute late :D

will there be a update to uplay before it shows up in the the free game section?

Farlander1991
07-22-2016, 02:22 PM
will there be a update to uplay before it shows up in the the free game section?

As far as I know there shouldn't be. I don't think any part of the demo release requires an update of the Uplay client. If there happens to be an update it would most likely be unrelated.

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 02:38 PM
As far as I know there shouldn't be. I don't think any part of the demo release requires an update of the Uplay client. If there happens to be an update it would most likely be unrelated.

And how long will the "complete the demo with 15 faults or less and get the game for free" promotion last? News made it look like it will be available for one day only, but now Support says that the demo will be available until the 31st of July.

Farlander1991
07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
And how long will the "complete the demo with 15 faults or less and get the game for free" promotion last? News made it look like it will be available for one day only, but now Support says that the demo will be available until the 31st of July.

The support information is the correct one.

By the way, the demo should be available now in the 'free games' section of Uplay :)

FrankCastle51
07-22-2016, 05:19 PM
The support information is the correct one.

By the way, the demo should be available now in the 'free games' section of Uplay :)

First of all thanks to all Ubi stuff for your work and promo :)

And second thing is : unfortunately as for now beating the demo doesn't unlock anything :P

drdeshotel
07-22-2016, 05:20 PM
Is the demo the whole game? the download is 14.88 GB. Hopefully its more than 1 or 2 levels at that size.

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 05:24 PM
First of all thanks to all Ubi stuff for your work and promo :)

And second thing is : unfortunately as for now beating the demo doesn't unlock anything :P

You beat it with 15 faults or less and didn't unlock anything?

FrankCastle51
07-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Yep

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Yep

Damn, Ubi will have to fix that one too :D BTW how many levels are there in the demo, and what are their names? I have played the full game at a friend and tried to do my best. It turned out that I've completed the game there :D

MattTheGreat200
07-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Damn, Ubi will have to fix that one too :D BTW how many levels are there in the demo, and what are their names? I have played the full game at a friend and tried to do my best. It turned out that I've completed the game there :D

From what I gathered from it, it was the whole game you needed to complete. After 15 faults though you get locked out of the whole demo. Maybe the initial two levels were the locked out demo and Ubi just forgot to unimpose those restrictions...

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 06:04 PM
From what I gathered from it, it was the whole game you needed to complete. After 15 faults though you get locked out of the whole demo. Maybe the initial two levels were the locked out demo and Ubi just forgot to unimpose those restrictions...

I don't think that once you get 15 faults alltogether you'd get locked out of the demo, I mean this is a Trials game after all. You get 15 faults in the first few levels.

dragonmonkey08
07-22-2016, 06:52 PM
I don't think that once you get 15 faults alltogether you'd get locked out of the demo, I mean this is a Trials game after all. You get 15 faults in the first few levels.
I think you have to complete the full game (through playing the demo) with less than 15 faults, if you get more than that you can only play the first 2 levels of the demo.

However I have downloaded the demo and it will only the first 2 levels are playable and I completed those without any faults.

Farlander1991
07-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Just a quick question: are you guys trying to play in offline mode or online? To prevent possibilities of cheating by editing files, the full story mode in the demo version is available only when you're online. If this problem persists even in online mode, then that's an issue.

And to complete the promotion and get the game for free you need to complete the story mode in less than 15 faults, and that means to complete level #27.

dragonmonkey08
07-22-2016, 07:20 PM
it won't even let you start if you are not online.

tripuztri
07-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Same for me. Playing online, mostly because it's impossible to play it offline, since the demo gives only 2 options: connect or exit the game...

This challenge is positively broken, you can only play the first two levels.

Farlander1991
07-22-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm currently not at work, but I've sent a notice about the two levels in online mode issue. Will keep you guys posted of any news.

Also please contact support, maybe they'll be able to assist you directly as well.

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 07:43 PM
One more question: Does the 15 faults or less means that I can fail maximum 15 times, or does that mean that I can revisit every level to get possibly 0 faults on them?

Farlander1991
07-22-2016, 07:46 PM
One more question: Does the 15 faults or less means that I can fail maximum 15 times, or does that mean that I can revisit every level to get possibly 0 faults on them?

You can fail maximum 15 times in total across all levels where faults are counted (i.e. if you fault in level 0 that doesn't count). The counter is global.

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 07:57 PM
You can fail maximum 15 times in total across all levels where faults are counted (i.e. if you fault in level 0 that doesn't count). The counter is global.

Yeah now the game is downloaded so I can see. So I have to complete the whole game with 15 or less fails, huh? I wonder how many people will be able to do it. I thought it will be like you can revisit levels and improve your faults count.

I9STEVEMAC89
07-22-2016, 07:59 PM
demo downloaded but now it wont connect to servers.

any ideas why???

Roloca.
07-22-2016, 08:12 PM
demo downloaded but now it wont connect to servers.

any ideas why???

Dunno, it connected for me, but still this is a really hard requirement. Just to name a few places where most people will fail: on-foot parts, minecart parts, jetpack parts, the bomb carrying part and most definitely versus the Sinjas. Also the demo doesn't even work now, because after the prologue and the first (failable) level, it doesn't let anybody proceed.

One more question: What if I restart the whole track before I fail? Is it counted as a fail or not?

I9STEVEMAC89
07-22-2016, 08:40 PM
well i can also now confirm that the demo only has 2 levels, (level 0,level 1).

you do not get anything from completing it apart from an achievement.

is there a time scale on when this will be fixed?

zandalord
07-22-2016, 09:22 PM
It is impossible to complete. Maybe if you remeber all maps, but not at the first attempt.

thizzweed
07-22-2016, 10:21 PM
Same problem while playing in online mode, wasted an extra fault replaying the 2nd level a few times to try and get past it, ohh well.

tripuztri
07-22-2016, 10:22 PM
Just tried again...still the same, can't go past 2nd stage.

Well, we've got now 'till july 30th, don't we?

EloycitoRamirez
07-22-2016, 10:37 PM
I still don't see the demo on the 'free games' tab on Uplay.

I9STEVEMAC89
07-23-2016, 02:57 AM
I still don't see the demo on the 'free games' tab on Uplay.

have you tried to log out of the uplay client and log back in after restarting it? this is what i did for it to show up.

Hope it helps.

EloycitoRamirez
07-23-2016, 04:13 AM
have you tried to log out of the uplay client and log back in after restarting it? this is what i did for it to show up.

Hope it helps.

No matter how many times I've logged out and/or restarted the client, the demo still doesn't show. Thanks for the help anyways.

I9STEVEMAC89
07-23-2016, 04:30 AM
Is the demo the whole game? the download is 14.88 GB. Hopefully its more than 1 or 2 levels at that size.

It;s the whole game but you can only play it as long as you do not get up to 15 flauts. if you do then you will only have a demo version unlocked. but if you manage to complete everything in under 15 fails then you will receive a FREE copy of the game.

huangjsmike
07-23-2016, 07:35 AM
try to do some trail runs before release your demo challenge.

it's like a silly mistake to all you pro publishers or designers.

jaycepainsec
07-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Hello all !

2 friends of mine managed to see and DL the demo in the "Free Games" section, but with my account, no demo at all appears in this section --> is this occured to other people ? Is it linked to the general bug related to the whole challenge ?

Do a solution exist ?

Thanks for reading, and sorry for my "french" english. :-)

EloycitoRamirez
07-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Hello all !

2 friends of mine managed to see and DL the demo in the "Free Games" section, but with my account, no demo at all appears in this section --> is this occured to other people ? Is it linked to the general bug related to the whole challenge ?

Do a solution exist ?

Thanks for reading, and sorry for my "french" english. :-)

The same thing is happening to me I checked yesterday and the demo wasn't there and I checked today and the demo is still not there.

funkwish
07-23-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi everybody. I finished demo with 2 faults, but in the end i see massage that i must pay for full game. Help please.

Kaiser-Panda
07-23-2016, 11:40 PM
The same thing is happening to me I checked yesterday and the demo wasn't there and I checked today and the demo is still not there.

Brothers of bug --> high five !

Hi everybody. I finished demo with 2 faults, but in the end i see massage that i must pay for full game. Help please.

This is a bug : more info here --> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1474036-NOTICE-Technical-Issues-with-the-Demo-Version

Willimus Bart
07-23-2016, 11:41 PM
yeah i am unable to find the demo. relogged quite a few times. exited uplay. opened it multiple times. I just don't see the demo.

Ubi-Surulies
07-24-2016, 09:57 AM
Hallo there,

just like Kaiser-Panada noted (thanks a lot! :) ) we are still experiencing some technical (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1474036-NOTICE-Technical-Issues-with-the-Demo-Version) issues[/URL] with the demo version.

As soon as we have an update on the situation we'll let you know in that thread.

Thank you all,
Surulies

I9STEVEMAC89
07-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Hallo there,

just like Kaiser-Panada noted (thanks a lot! :) ) we are still experiencing some technical (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1474036-NOTICE-Technical-Issues-with-the-Demo-Version) issues[/URL] with the demo version.

As soon as we have an update on the situation we'll let you know in that thread.

Thank you all,
Surulies

Any further update on this yet. because i am still only getting access to the trail?

UbiSkyBear
07-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Any further update on this yet. because i am still only getting access to the trail?

Hi I9STEVEMAC89,

It looks like the latest updates in that thread were:

1. "Can people who had the issue with lives and only two levels available check the game please and see if you receive the 15 lives and can access more levels?"

2. "Everyone who gets a 'please reconnect' message on completing the first levels - it's safe to just press 'cancel' and continue. This shouldn't happen again after. There's a very strange bug where plenty of people get a 'please reconnect' message after completing Leave No Man Behind for the first even in full version as well, which we can't reproduce on our end. That usually is a one-time occurrence and shouldn't happen anymore. So as long as you have gotten the global amount of lives everything in the demo should work fine."

Please feel free to reply/check here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1474036-NOTICE-Technical-Issues-with-the-Demo-Version/page2)for additional updates and details. Thanks!

doubi014
07-27-2016, 09:58 AM
The same thing is happening to me I checked yesterday and the demo wasn't there and I checked today and the demo is still not there. Same issue. I can't find the demo in the "free tab" section. I tried to relog many times but nothing helped.

Chaz.D
07-31-2016, 03:57 AM
Thank you, I found it.

Grexaevus
07-31-2016, 01:29 PM
I still can't access the 3rd level. Still got 15 attempts left of the global timer, as I aced (appropriate) the first 2 levels. I hope Ubisoft honours the people that have played it and can't get any further due to it being broken. I know this would help alleviate the situation and not dampen their current reputation any more. Thank you