PDA

View Full Version : Knights weapon class, Warhammers?

Ryen91
07-19-2016, 03:59 PM
I know, War Hammers Have been a huge part in the times of the Knight, and was actually created to do damage when the armor got so thick it was hard for a sword to pierce through.. it was a way to create huge damage and kill your opponent without even cutting through his armor or skin..

I have yet to see a warhammer class in everything... I would like to know if it would be in the game.... because I am a Huge war hammer fan. I believe it would be be but have yet to see any proof of it

bububoosh
07-19-2016, 05:07 PM
I would also like to see war hammers in this. I am sure they have it in the game and if they don't I am sure it will be put in at a point in time. Also hello fellow Knight :D

ksatnodesaelp
07-19-2016, 05:11 PM
The front page of their website has a knight with a flail so I'm willing to bet that'll be the class to get any sort of blunt weapons, hopefully we can pick and choose between flail, mace, or warhammer.

Quikkfeet
07-19-2016, 05:59 PM
They have the large two handed axe for the Vikings. I'm not sure how difficult it would be but if you just make the axe into a war hammer and put it on a Knight class it would be interesting.
Either way i'm hoping any sort of new news pops up soon.

AvarusTyrannus
07-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Would love a warhammer tank knight. Big two handed heavy one to match the Chosen's Kanabo class.

SearingShrapnel
07-19-2016, 07:12 PM
In the Viking gameplay I saw the player fighting a fat samurai wielding a huge war club, so I am really hoping NPC's are not the only ones allowed to be like that.

MisterWillow
07-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Last year I speculated (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1341664-Hero-class-shadows?) that one of the Heroes would have a warhammer based on some official artwork, just that they'd be a Viking.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2rqbnyd.jpg

That Hero was never officially announced, though, and with the Viking with a shield and spear present in the Viking mission, they could have reworked some things (or simply added another), and I agree that a proper warhammer would be a better fit for the Knights. I actually hope they give Holden a giant warhammer (just so there's not another Hero with a two-handed axe---and I think they're more intimidating), or that you can customise the weapon to make it a warhammer.

In the Viking gameplay I saw the player fighting a fat samurai wielding a huge war club, so I am really hoping NPC's are not the only ones allowed to be like that.

I'm pretty sure that he's playable, because in the gameplay walkthrough (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuJZ2m2x0k), Geoff called him a Sugoki. I don't think he'd name him if he wasn't a class.

BaconBusterYT
07-19-2016, 10:55 PM
If they do have a warhammer, I'd hope it's more like a one-handed variant(most were only about 2 feet long) with a buckler in the off-hand for parrying, blocking, and even attacking. Seems better than yet another two-handed axe/hammer type weapon.

Willaguy2010
07-20-2016, 07:59 AM
The front page of their website has a knight with a flail so I'm willing to bet that'll be the class to get any sort of blunt weapons, hopefully we can pick and choose between flail, mace, or warhammer.

The devs have stated before that the classes are tied to their weapons. You cannot change the class' weapon to a different weapon. You can only change say the pommel or guard, but you can't change from a Longsword to a rapier or arming sword.

Ryen91
02-12-2017, 05:12 PM
So beta has 9 characters 3 of each... I'd figure they would have more characters, I can't believe warhammer is not one for knights, they choose a flail over a war hammer.... I can't believe it, war game was a major weapon, as knights armor increases, it was harder to pierce by swords so they mad a warhammer that could create damage without piercing then the spike in the end would be the final kill ... I really want a war hammer class

Vordred
02-12-2017, 05:14 PM
well the Lawbringer has the Polearm, so thats probably the closest your going to get to the war hammer

Red_Devilfish
02-12-2017, 05:16 PM
There might not be a warhammer type of Knight but the poleaxe one seems nice

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/game-info/heroes/lawbringer.aspx

I am pretty sure a Valkyrie kind of Knight with a warhammer will make his way into the game

Ryen91
02-12-2017, 07:07 PM
It looks cool, and might have a war hammer attachment on top.... Idk I just feel a warhammer class isa no brainer