PDA

View Full Version : What are the little things you do in AC that are meaningless but vital to you?

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2016, 01:34 AM
I try to park my carriages properly against the road in Syndicate.

I need to unsheathe my weapons before climbing.

I like to jog instead of running when there's innocent NPCs around.

I like to zoom in when I choke a guard in Unity.

Locopells
07-19-2016, 02:01 AM
I often waste time tidying up bodies, mostly in the early stages of ACII.

ERICATHERINE
07-19-2016, 02:40 AM
With the exception of unity, I always buy absolutely everything I can in the shops, even if I know I won't use at all the big majority of those things.

In ac b, even when I finnished every shop quest, I continu to hold on to every single things I got in the chest while I could sell them to shops.

In all the ac game that let us do it, every time I use, lets say, 1 ammunition, instead of looting the deads, I can run hundreds of meters, just so I can buy the ammo I used while I'm actually in need of ammo.

I always do counter kill, whenever I can. Especially with Connor. I just adore his counter kill animation. ^-^

Sesheenku
07-19-2016, 09:02 AM
I mainly stick to one weapon in AC, the hidden blade in everything but Unity and the main combat weapon in all AC's afterwards.

I often times feel compelled to eliminate all basic enemies before tackling the main mission objective.

SixKeys
07-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Haha, I do the carriage-parking, too. I don't even notice it, it's just instinct.

-I always slow down to a walk when I pass guards.

-Occasionally I go into a deserted back street or at least wait for NPCs to pass by before climbing up a building, to avoid stares.

-I throw some coins on the ground before opening a chest next to a bunch of NPCs. That way we're all greedy b*stards. :p

-I only pickpocket from citizens who look wealthy.

-If I'm hiding in a stationary group of NPCs and guards walk past, I turn around to hide my face, even though I know it doesn't matter as long as I'm blended.

-I switch my outfit/dye after causing a big hubbub, to "fool" guards looking for a person who matches my description.

-I switch outfits to better blend in at a certain setting. If I'm going into a bank, I won't let Jacob march in there in his flat cap and dusty old jacket, I make him wear his best.

-In AC1, when talking to the bureau leaders, I always turn Alta´r so he's facing them.

cawatrooper9
07-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Haha, great topic!

One of my little AC rituals is, whenever possible, I'll have my Assassin face the opposite direction when syncing a viewpoint. So, as the camera zooms out and the epic music plays, we just see an Assassin staring right at the wall of whatever tower he climbed to get there, rather than the vast expanse before him. Cracks me up every time.

Ureh
07-19-2016, 07:41 PM
-if I see any beggars I'll send them lots of coins
-i'll pay for any crates that I knock down (if it was an accident :p)
-when I'm boarding a ship or docking at port, I gotta make sure that the ship is properly aligned and close enough
-make sure to take a few sips of coffee whenever I visit the theatre

Sorrosyss
07-19-2016, 10:00 PM
I mainly stick to one weapon in AC, the hidden blade in everything but Unity and the main combat weapon in all AC's afterwards.

Hah, I used to do similar. I'd try to stick with the hidden blade throughout, even if it was inefficient - just because I loved the hand to hand fighting style. (p.s. bring it back Ubi)

As for other quirks, I changed the appearance of Arno, Evie and Jacob to make sure all the outfit parts properly colour match - often at the expense of statistics.

I glitched my hood up several times in Syndicate because I missed the appearance.

I'd often try to clear the guard/tower areas first on a map, even if I was hopelessly undergeared - purely as I like to see the entire map and collectibles early on.

In AC1, I literally ran Desmond against every square inch of every wall, desperately trying to find some secret way out that never was.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-20-2016, 01:38 AM
In Syndicate, I always tried to park on the side with carriage riding.

In AC3, I always liked to give money to the orphans or random civilians on the street.

Counter kills/animations in AC3 is a must do for me whenever I get into a fight :p

And I kinda love starting riots... FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE :cool:

SixKeys
07-20-2016, 06:15 AM
Haha, great topic!

One of my little AC rituals is, whenever possible, I'll have my Assassin face the opposite direction when syncing a viewpoint. So, as the camera zooms out and the epic music plays, we just see an Assassin staring right at the wall of whatever tower he climbed to get there, rather than the vast expanse before him. Cracks me up every time.

I love the idea of other people having these silly little "rituals". :D

Another one I just remembered is in AC1 when I'm talking to an informant who gives me a tip, I "thank" him by making Alta´r place his hands together in a praying motion for a brief moment.

Whenever the games take me to a graveyard, I try to avoid walking over people's graves or disturbing the grieving NPCs.

Sesheenku
07-20-2016, 08:04 AM
Hah, I used to do similar. I'd try to stick with the hidden blade throughout, even if it was inefficient - just because I loved the hand to hand fighting style. (p.s. bring it back Ubi)

As for other quirks, I changed the appearance of Arno, Evie and Jacob to make sure all the outfit parts properly colour match - often at the expense of statistics.

I glitched my hood up several times in Syndicate because I missed the appearance.

I'd often try to clear the guard/tower areas first on a map, even if I was hopelessly undergeared - purely as I like to see the entire map and collectibles early on.

In AC1, I literally ran Desmond against every square inch of every wall, desperately trying to find some secret way out that never was.

Other weird stuff I do is I always progress the exact same way in the Ezio trilogy.

In AC2 I buy Leather/Helschmied/Metal then skip to Altairs armor and sword.

In Brotherhood I always complete all available Borgia towers and buy the crossbow, then progress in order to the final store bought armor while ignoring Brutus completely

In Revelations I buy the crossbow then train my assassins until I unlock Master Assassin Armor.

HDinHB
07-20-2016, 08:27 PM
I like to loot. Even when I don't need to loot, even when I have millions of coins, I still have to loot all the bodies.

I also like to tackle thieves.

Ubi-Banshee
07-21-2016, 03:41 PM
IDK if it's really a ritual, but in AC1-2 I would always ride horses to every location I could. I found the environments so rich and something really satisfying about taking a journey to get places. I'd also try to get the same colored horse, I liked to think that they developed a comraderie :o

cawatrooper9
07-21-2016, 04:59 PM
I also like to tackle thieves.

I've noticed that even when I'm trying to just power through Unity without doing a lot of upgrading, I tend to always stop for crowd missions. I just feel compelled to help the people, even if I don't really even want the advantages granted by the reward.

IDK if it's really a ritual, but in AC1-2 I would always ride horses to every location I could. I found the environments so rich and something really satisfying about taking a journey to get places. I'd also try to get the same colored horse, I liked to think that they developed a comraderie :o

Interesting you'd say that. I always felt as if I'd really lost something whenever I'd accidentally mount a horse in Brotherhood, and lost the one that I'd previously had queued up to the whistle.

LoyalACFan
07-22-2016, 06:09 AM
I switch outfits to better blend in at a certain setting. If I'm going into a bank, I won't let Jacob march in there in his flat cap and dusty old jacket, I make him wear his best.

IMO this should be a mechanic in social stealth. Would be cool if it worked like MGS3's camo index with a kind of spectrum of suitability instead of just "X outfit is appropriate, Y outfit is not." But I digress.

OT, I really miss being able to flick out your hidden blades manually. I always liked extending the blade a few steps before I reached my target like in the AC1 trailers.

A few people mentioned parking their carriages perfectly; I actually do the exact opposite with Jacob, I like getting them up to full speed and then bailing to see if I can stick the landing :p

I always try to kill each target in every game with a different animation. Especially in AC2 where some of them are combat targets and can be counter-killed with lots of different weapons. E.g. I always kill Stefano da Bagnone with an axe from a disarmed brute.

I always save the 'cut down enemy flag' requirement for last when boarding ships so I finish the mission looking awesome in the crow's nest while my crew cheers.

In ACB I've 100%ed the renovations every time I've replayed the game so I can fight Cesare while wearing the Auditore cape.

I try and finish every AC2 beat-up mission with the grab-punch combo finisher.

In AC3 I avoid animal combat like the plague. I always assassinate them for an instant, painless kill. Especially elks. Although that one's mostly because the animation of Connor wrangling an elk is stupid af.

cawatrooper9
07-22-2016, 02:37 PM
IMO this should be a mechanic in social stealth. Would be cool if it worked like MGS3's camo index with a kind of spectrum of suitability instead of just "X outfit is appropriate, Y outfit is not.
They flirted with that idea in Liberation. It wasn't perfectly executed, but it was actually pretty revolutionary for the series, particularly because ACL was a handheld game. I really, really wish a console release would actually expand on that idea.

LoyalACFan
07-22-2016, 03:59 PM
They flirted with that idea in Liberation. It wasn't perfectly executed, but it was actually pretty revolutionary for the series, particularly because ACL was a handheld game. I really, really wish a console release would actually expand on that idea.

Yeah but it sucked :p It wasn't really tactical in any meaningful sense, it was just "put on outfit X = profit." I love the idea of disguises, but needs to be way more fleshed out than that to be a compelling mechanic.

cawatrooper9
07-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Yeah but it sucked :p It wasn't really tactical in any meaningful sense, it was just "put on outfit X = profit." I love the idea of disguises, but needs to be way more fleshed out than that to be a compelling mechanic.

Right, it wasn't great. But it had a ton of potential.

Locopells
07-22-2016, 07:59 PM
It kinda worked, as you had to balance the ease of access that each outfit gave you vs their limitations.

I always save the 'cut down enemy flag' requirement for last when boarding ships so I finish the mission looking awesome in the crow's nest while my crew cheers.

I always try to be on deck when that happens, so that I can walk up to the wheels and go 'my ship'.

Sigma 1313
07-22-2016, 10:20 PM
-Every time I get a new weapon I need to test it out, generally on the first civilian I see.
- During the loading screen I need to unsheathe my hidden blades and run in a circle
- If I bump into a guard and they push me, I kill them first.

D.I.D.
07-23-2016, 12:03 AM
In Unity, every time I found a cat on a rooftop, I'd stop and chill with the cat for a while. Look at the clouds and stuff while it had a wash.

It annoyed me no end that they put Pet Animal into AC3, and only let you pet dogs, pigs, sheep etc. The cat would rub itself against his legs, but Connor refused to actually stroke the cat. The pillock.

Pandassin
07-25-2016, 06:35 PM
I love this topic.

Idk why but in AC3 I had to always have the black horse. If a different horse came when I call for one, I just run away and call another until it's a black one.

In AC4 I have to always use a rope when boarding a ship, it just feels so cool. I also only use pistols when boarding when there are exactly 4 enemies left, gotta have a dramatic ending.

It's also a tradition for me in AC4 to sail for Great Inagua before it gets dark, and spend the night there at the tavern listening to the lovely tavern songs while drinking, Idk why I do it but it's nice and relaxing, plus I adore the tavern songs.

In Unity I always like to check on the Cafe Theatre whenever I can, have a drink of coffee then pet the cat there.

Syndicate, I can't think of anything specific but I refuse to fast travel anywhere. Got 100% sync and never once fast traveled for anything, I quite enjoy driving carriages around and catching trains or boats to reach my location.

As for AC4, Unity and Syndicate combined; once I finish the games for the first time I turn off all HUD and just find my way by using viewpoints from then on, even if playing through the story again. It just feels much more immersive. Heck, I've even learned AC4's map off by heart due to that and that world is huge.

Sesheenku
07-26-2016, 04:25 AM
I love this topic.

Idk why but in AC3 I had to always have the black horse. If a different horse came when I call for one, I just run away and call another until it's a black one.

Dis reverse racist >;[

jk