PDA

View Full Version : 2-Step Auhtentication One-Time only for main system

wedgan_tilles
07-18-2016, 09:06 PM
Hello,

It is really great to see that there is a two factor authentication, which is really a nice feature for getting a better level of security.

There is only one flaw in the actual version, which is to have to use the authenticator for each login, which does not make sense, all the application I have will ask me the authenticator if I log into an unusual computer or things like that.

It's really a pain, to have to go through the authenticator for each and every login attempt on my main computer. Just make it like Steam does I can log just fine from my computer as I wish, but soon as I hit another computer I need the steam app generated code.

Best Regards

Aurelien

nnngggghhhhh
07-25-2016, 08:06 AM
^ THIS

Two factor security is a good idea. Having to input the authenticated number EVERY TIME YOU LOG IN makes me not want to log in, if that is the Ubisoft goal for Uplay - you are doing a fine job. .

Generally the two factor authorization works so that it only asks the code only once for every machine or if you want to change specific settings (ie. security etc).

Just make the check to happen only once and generate a id for the computer based on specs and not for example the ip which can be dynamic,

Fireseed
07-25-2016, 03:30 PM
As far as I know the latest update from Friday 22th change this method in the way you mentioned. Not for sure because I didnīt use it. :)

Arokhantos
07-31-2016, 04:16 PM
It still ask 2 step verification code every few days, for the uplay app or other apps it should remember it permanently until next login, as for websites etc it should remember it for 30 days.
this is useless right now because it starts randomly asking for it again, not even my battle.net launcher ask 2 step verification each time i startup the app only first time login each time.