PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 4: Neo and AC Unity/Syndicate

ze_topazio
07-17-2016, 03:30 AM
If you call yourselves gaming aficionados AKA gamers you probably know what the PS4 Neo is and the rumors about it and the optional patch for old games thing.

So with that in mind let's cut to the chase, do you think Ubisoft will create a patch for Unity and Syndicate? and what would you like them to do? better, or at least, stable framerate? 1080p? 4k? more npcs on the streets? improved textures? improved special effects?

Personally I kinda doubt they will release any patch, but I would love 60fps, I'm a confessed fan of that framerate after all, but at the very least if they could stabilize it at 30fps would be nice.

Fatal-Feit
07-17-2016, 05:07 AM
I'll be optimistic and say that there's a chance they'll patch ACIV as well. Going by the rumors and speculations, I believe their performance should range somewhere between the GTX 980 and GTX 980 Ti, which would make sense since the PDF for the Neo says that it'll be running at sub 4K to keep the frame rate stable. The GTX 980 Ti isn't exactly a true 4K graphics card, but if you run most games at that resolution with console settings, the frame rate tends to be kind of stable. So sub 4K would at that performance would make sense. And I think that's how most developers will patch them, honestly. All three games will have identical visual settings, except for the resolution that should be slightly below 4K with stable 30fps.

Now, if they do decide to improve the graphics for 1080p, I think they'll compare closely to PC's max settings (minus the Nvidia exclusive features like HBAO+ and PCSS) and should run at a good locked 60fps on all 3 games assuming they're still using a temporal AA solution.

Sesheenku
07-17-2016, 06:33 AM
I'll be optimistic and say that there's a chance they'll patch ACIV as well. Going by the rumors and speculations, I believe their performance should range somewhere between the GTX 980 and GTX 980 Ti, which would make sense since the PDF for the Neo says that it'll be running at sub 4K to keep the frame rate stable. The GTX 980 Ti isn't exactly a true 4K graphics card, but if you run most games at that resolution with console settings, the frame rate tends to be kind of stable. So sub 4K would at that performance would make sense. And I think that's how most developers will patch them, honestly. All three games will have identical visual settings, except for the resolution that should be slightly below 4K with stable 30fps.

Now, if they do decide to improve the graphics for 1080p, I think they'll compare closely to PC's max settings (minus the Nvidia exclusive features like HBAO+ and PCSS) and should run at a good locked 60fps on all 3 games assuming they're still using a temporal AA solution.

Performance at 980ti LOL WHUT?

The 980ti cost as more than a PS4. I know this is the console forum but honestly...

They're **** talking.

They're not gonna run 4k for ages and they aren't gonna hit 980ti performance this gen.

Let's face it, if they wanna keep things affordable consoles are always gonna be mid range performance wise.

Things won't perform well until devs stop pushing things past console levels.

No console will be 980+ level anytime this gen. Not at 400 dollars at least.

The Neo will increase performance but expecting something wild is... quite frankly silly.

I mean... seriously... Look at the apu of PS4 and then look at a 980ti, then tell me HOW they're going to offer that performance at a price console players will pay.

Helforsite
07-17-2016, 03:59 PM
If we go by the specs that have been reported until now the PS4 Neo will probably be around the GTX970 or worse performance wise and will suck compared to Project Scorpio.

Fatal-Feit
07-17-2016, 08:56 PM
Performance at 980ti LOL WHUT?

The 980ti cost as more than a PS4. I know this is the console forum but honestly...

They're **** talking.

They're not gonna run 4k for ages and they aren't gonna hit 980ti performance this gen.

Let's face it, if they wanna keep things affordable consoles are always gonna be mid range performance wise.

Things won't perform well until devs stop pushing things past console levels.

No console will be 980+ level anytime this gen. Not at 400 dollars at least.

The Neo will increase performance but expecting something wild is... quite frankly silly.

I mean... seriously... Look at the apu of PS4 and then look at a 980ti, then tell me HOW they're going to offer that performance at a price console players will pay.

You do realize that the Neo and Scorpio aren't a new generation consoles, but an expensive version of the PS4 and X1 meant to sold side by side. Their price range could predictably be anywhere around $800 or more. In other words, they aren't suppose to be affordable like the standard PS4/X1. Also, nobody appreciates a condescending attitude.

Anyway, that's what I speculated, going by both confirmed and rumored specs. Both are running with 8 cores (Neo rumored at 2.1 GHz); Scorpio at 6 TFLOPS (also note that it's 320GB/s, same bandwidth as the new GTX 1080 (GDDR5X mem, maybe?)) and Neo with 4 TFLOPS. The performance could honestly range anywhere from a 980 to a Titan/980 Ti/1070. A 970 sounds very unrealistic if they want to do 4K, as I've owned the card and I couldn't run any newer game at 4K, let alone 3K, with solid 30fps without low/medium settings. They teased the Scorpio is suppose to be more than 4.5x stronger than the X1, so a 980-980 Ti-ish comes to mind if we're talking about a console that's running most games at an average of 900p, high settings at 30fps. Phil Spencer have also stated quote “When we started looking at Scorpio,” he says, “we asked the partners, ‘in order to build a true high-fidelity 4K game, what capabilities do you need?’ That’s what we designed Scorpio around. It’s kind of like a [GeForce GTX] 980 card on the PC. I get the capability that I need as a developer to deliver a high-fidelity 4K game. ” in this interview (http://www.wired.com/2016/06/xbox-vr-scorpio-phil-spencer/).

ze_topazio
07-17-2016, 09:55 PM
The Spanish Amazon leaked that the Neo will be released in October costing 399,99 Euros (should be more or less the same in Dollars), although we don't know for sure if it's really the Neo or some other unannounced model.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles/1/8/4/3/7/2/7/news-videogiochi-playstation-4-slim-arrivera-nel-mese-di-ottobre-146859417495.jpg

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2016, 12:59 AM
That's $442 in US dollars and it's labeled as PS4, so unless it states that it's Neo anywhere else there (no hablo espaņol), it's probably a new bundle with 1TB hard drive or something.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2016, 07:15 AM
I don't see Ubisoft revisiting Unity or Syndicate in any form whatsoever. They seem perfectly content to pretend Unity never happened, and after Syndicate's so-so performance, I think they're looking more toward the future of the series. No need to remind the market of past failings.

That said, there's no way in hell the $440 model two posts above me is the Neo. Like Fatal-Feit said, it's more likely a 1TB bundle (which, tbh, the vanilla PS4 should have been 1TB to begin with, as 400GB is nowhere near enough storage space for modern AAA games, but I digress).

ze_topazio
09-10-2016, 01:19 AM
So after the Pro reveal, what are your opinions on this?

Fatal-Feit
09-10-2016, 01:24 AM
Sooooo disappointed I was wrong. They should have waited a year like MS and gave us better hardware.

I think we can expect a 1080p update and more stable framerate for both games if we're lucky.

ze_topazio
10-30-2016, 11:57 AM
So where's the announcement Ubisoft?