PDA

View Full Version : Sophia Rikkin theory

RA503
07-16-2016, 12:40 AM
Is some time since the last time I post here, I have a theory about Sophia Rikkin,his talk about end of violence sounds a lot like Juno if she is the Juno's clone that abstergo created with the Shroud ?

Ureh
07-16-2016, 04:25 AM
Maybe?! Sophia is associated with wisdom in Greek and Juno is regarded as the goddess of wisdom. I don't think we ever heard of Alan having a daughter until recently. Perhaps she'll find out that she was grown in a test tube?!

Or maybe it's just a coincidence. She sounds like Dr. Sung from the Cross comics. Both believe they're doing good at Abstergo and that they in turn are helping the world. It could be that Sophia is a movie-specific character, so she might not have any impact on the games.

On the other hand I really don't mind Jeremy Irons and Marion Cotillard in these roles. Although tying such prominent celebrities to what could potentially be the most notable present day characters seems a bit risky. Makes me think of Charles Dance voicing the emperor of Nilfgard in Witcher 3. You'd think that the leader of one of the greatest factions would have a ton of lines and moments in the game... but not really. Another example is Liam Neeson or Malcolm Mcdowell... pretty notable roles but also very short (as a result I think any plans of quests for the Enclave weren't possible since you'd need Malcolm to voice more lines... means more money). I think Kristen Bell was probably the most well known actor in the AC series so far but she only signed up for 3 games so when her time was up she left without tying things up nicely.

Reason why I'm bringing this up is cause if they plan to include Alan and Sophia in bigger roles for more than one game then they'll need to foot some really big pay checks. Otherwise there's gonna be a repeat of an actor just packing up and their characters' voice changing. For Sophia, if she is a clone and she does get possessed, then it "might" make sense for her voice to change to Juno's. But Jeremy Irons' voice is unmistakable, and with all that build-up of him from the very first game, it'd be weird if his voice changed or he just got killed off right after we finally get a more formal introduction of him. "Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for: Alan Rikkin! Jeremy Irons! Aaannnnd... now he's dead."

Sorrosyss
07-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Interesting theory.

Personally I can't see it, as dropping in something like Juno as a major character would be difficult given the extent of her back story - too much to explain to an ordinary movie viewer with no background. They've made a point of saying the game and movie stories are going to try and be seperated out, so I think she is literally just Alan Rikkin's daughter. Besides, if Juno had been reborn she would have the pale white skin etc. There's also no way that the Instruments wouldn't have whisked her away out of Templar territory.

RA503
07-17-2016, 02:00 AM
The movie can end without explaining it but will have some symbolism that only some hardcore fans will catch.

ze_topazio
07-17-2016, 03:34 AM
She looks a bit too old to be a clone, I doubt the modern part of this movie is set 40 years after Syndicate.

Ureh
07-17-2016, 04:45 AM
She looks a bit too old to be a clone, I doubt the modern part of this movie is set 40 years after Syndicate.

Spoiler for ACS present day.

I might've misunderstood the ending, so correct me if I'm wrong. But it looked like Dr. Grammatica can grow fully adult clones from scratch in a matter of months... maybe even weeks. And with the Shroud he could probably recreate/repair a precursor in... I dunno... a few minutes. So it's possible right? Not saying it's probable, but it's possible.

zoubb123
03-25-2017, 12:40 AM
In 1h24 and 48s we see the ancestor of sophia