PDA

View Full Version : - Handheld Firearms -

hippo0789
07-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Would anyone else enjoy seeing Handheld Firearms?
The Arquebus and the Handgonne would be great additions. (Even though this is a "Melee Combat" game.)
Upon shooting a Handheld Firearm, there would be a small chance the weapon explodes in the user's hands. (Greatly injuring the user.)
The Handheld Firearms would also be somewhat inaccurate, and a bit slow.
I would love to see these types of projectile weapons in the final game.
I would really enjoy playing as a Knight running around with a Handgonne.
If anything, Handheld Firearms could at least appear in the Single Player...

AvarusTyrannus
07-13-2016, 10:16 PM
I think Hellgate London is the game you are looking for.

It might work as a feat, but it would have to do an incredible amount of damage and that would surely be abused. Probably best to avoid it.

MisterWillow
07-14-2016, 02:48 AM
Not as a sleight against you, hippo, but we get so many weird spam threads around here, I thought for sure this was one trying to sell people guns. :p

It might work as a feat, but it would have to do an incredible amount of damage and that would surely be abused. Probably best to avoid it.

And the cooldown to balance something like this would need to be extreme. Fourth level feat for sure, since it would basically be an instant kill on anyone that isn't a tank, and even they would get 3/4ths of their health wiped at least.

Still, I think it's an interesting idea. It doesn't necessarily go against the vague time-frame (from a technological point of view) the game is set in---and even if it does, the fact that they've made it very clear they have very little if any ties to our reality could make it work---and for something like the Arquebus, the user would activate it, and would have to remain stationary to use it (since it was used in conjunction with a stand).

Hmmmm....

Runic
07-14-2016, 04:27 AM
I think I would prefer the game to be free of gunpowder. I love shooting games but I think this games major draw card is its focus on melee combat.

hippo0789
07-14-2016, 04:41 AM
It's REALLY annoying how both times I posted a thread, a bunch of spam accounts appeared out of nowhere.
How often do these accounts appear? It must happen often! Ban those losers!
Anyways, I'm glad to receive responses. Thanks.

Runic
07-14-2016, 04:53 AM
I'm reporting them as we speak. They normal disappear pretty quickly once they are reported.

SteampunkJester
07-14-2016, 10:05 PM
I always thought it would be pretty cool to have something like an expansion that had 3 different faction that used firearms yet were still proficient in melee: Pirates, Musketeers, and the Janissaries or something to that regard.

All use firearms but were still trained in/saw melee combat and are unique and different from each other just like the Knights, Vikings, and Samurai.

Dead1y-Derri
07-16-2016, 02:17 PM
I can't really see projectiles of any kind being of great use in For Honor or balanced.

MisterWillow
07-16-2016, 06:35 PM
I can't really see projectiles of any kind being of great use in For Honor or balanced.

*glances at Oni's Kunai*

premiumart
07-16-2016, 08:22 PM
*glances at Oni's Kunai*

I think its more of a little DoT or just a stagger thing or something. Maybe they changed the oni's feats.

MisterWillow
07-16-2016, 08:51 PM
I think its more of a little DoT or just a stagger thing or something. Maybe they changed the oni's feats.

I don't know about the Alpha, but in the multiplayer video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcy3wr-es7M) the devs put out last year, it took away an entire segment of health. That's nothing to sneeze at, especially because it also staggers you, leaving an opening for an additional attack, if you're near enough to get a quick slash in.

http://i.imgur.com/aBfS233.gif

More to the point, my other comment was taking Derri's 'projectiles of any kind' comment too literally, since I know he knows about the shuriken.

Just a bit of snark. :)

AvarusTyrannus
07-18-2016, 05:40 PM
When the game was first announced I imagined a Jannisary type class from some hypothetical Mid-East faction as having a late stage feat where they use a musket slung over the characters shoulder, doing massive damage but only having one shot...upon reflection I'm not sure that would be wise.