PDA

View Full Version : What to play if leaving The Division?

SweKag
07-13-2016, 06:23 PM
This is not going to be yet another rant thread about all bad things in this game. Frankly, The Division is the first game in many years that I have enough fun with making me play 250 hours or something like that. I have had a bunch if fun, and really like:

The scenery and graphics
The feel and sound of the weapons
Collecting loot
Modding weapons and gear pieces
Crafting new stuff from blueprints
Leveling up, feeling the progress
Playing online with others

For me, this game has reached a plateau when it comes to game and gear progress (just grinding UG all day to get those caches is just about the only way for me trying to get new stuff that is better than I already got). So, I am looking at starting to play another game with somewhat the same of the good features of The Division, and wonder what games you other guys play and what you can recommend? I am playing on PC.

AgentGrifter
07-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Witcher 3

Trippul G
07-13-2016, 06:34 PM
This is not going to be yet another rant thread about all bad things in this game. Frankly, The Division is the first game in many years that I have enough fun with making me play 250 hours or something like that. I have had a bunch if fun, and really like:

The scenery and graphics
Collecting loot

For me, this game has reached a plateau when it comes to game and gear progress (just grinding UG all day to get those caches is just about the only way for me trying to get new stuff that is better than I already got). So, I am looking at starting to play another game with somewhat the same of the good features of The Division, and wonder what games you other guys play and what you can recommend? I am playing on PC.

I missed the whole Diablo 3 train when it came along, so I took advantage of the sale last week for it on Xbox. Sure it's more Gauntlet-style swords and sorcery as opposed to guns and bullets...but it seems to have gotten the loot/challenge balance right. I'm having a blast with it so far.

MonsterOfMyOwn
07-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Have you played Borderlands 2 ?

SweKag
07-13-2016, 06:38 PM
I missed the whole Diablo 3 train when it came along, so I took advantage of the sale last week for it on Xbox. Sure it's more Gauntlet-style swords and sorcery as opposed to guns and bullets...but it seems to have gotten the loot/challenge balance right. I'm having a blast with it so far.

Nice to hear that you are having a good time with Diablo 3 :-) I've heard good things about it in thread in here (about the loot/challenge balance) and I might give it a try. I really prefer guns and bullets to swords and sorcery, but if the game as a whole is good I am probably gonna be fine with that.

eyloi
07-13-2016, 06:39 PM
I heard Warframe is pretty good, but I tend to stay away from f2p games. I learned my lesson after Global Agenda.

Tony_Radical
07-13-2016, 06:40 PM
Witcher 3

This.

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 06:43 PM
Pokemon Go of course

snafup
07-13-2016, 06:43 PM
A real live human.

sabernub
07-13-2016, 06:45 PM

The scenery and graphics
Collecting loot

Borderlands the Handsome collection, or MG:PP.

googlebright
07-13-2016, 06:47 PM
People are always going on about how PC has so many more options than console so I probably shouldn't even chime in here, being a Playstation pleb. But I will anyway. Diablo 3 is probably the closest comparison, though its more swords and sorcery rather than guns and bullets. I'd say Destiny as well but that's console only. Hopefully the PC people can provide a larger list of comparable loot games for you.

sabernub
07-13-2016, 06:47 PM
I heard Warframe is pretty good, but I tend to stay away from f2p games. I learned my lesson after Global Agenda.

I didn't like it. Most Indi / F2P games are mot for me.

Mattndew
07-13-2016, 06:49 PM
If another company has anything in the MMO-PVP Mil-Sim shooter coming....I am jumping off this **** fast.

I might build a PC system for ARMA.. Bohemia Interactive has some good games and tons of people making addons.

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 06:50 PM

The scenery and graphics
Collecting loot

Serious, the only replies youll get here are the swords and sorcery and magic crowd. I dont know why they even picked up the Division in the first place. Everyone of the actual players I meet on mic are military, or cop or fans of miltary themes, so the Division was their style.

I would recommend that the side game series of COD Ghosts, EXTINCTION is up your alley, The Co op has healing and turrents and all four players have to work together. Reminds me very much of the Division. The servers are still up and matchmaking on console, dont know about PC though. ,

Tony_Radical
07-13-2016, 06:57 PM
Serious, the only replies youll get here are the swords and sorcery and magic crowd. I dont know why they even picked up the Division in the first place. Everyone of the actual players I meet on mic are military, or cop or fans of miltary themes, so the Division was their style.

I would recommend that the side game series of COD Ghosts, EXTINCTION is up your alley, The Co op has healing and turrents and all four players have roles. Reminds me very much of the Division. The servers are still up and matchmaking on console, dont know about PC though. ,

I picked Division because I like all types of games, but mostly shooters and rpg's (division ain't an rpg). And all the Op listed can be found on Witcher 3 - the adult's fantasy game and a REAL rpg - except for the multiplayer part. I recommend you play Witcher 3 as well.

SweKag
07-13-2016, 07:05 PM
I picked Division because I like all types of games, but mostly shooters and rpg's (division ain't an rpg). And all the Op listed can be found on Witcher 3 - the adult's fantasy game and a REAL rpg - except for the multiplayer part. I recommend you play Witcher 3 as well.

I would really prefer a game in the military genre (like The Division) rather than fantasy/sorcery, but I will absolutely check out Witcher 3 and Diablo 3 as well. Thanks for your input :-)

skubyjeff
07-13-2016, 07:08 PM
If you haven't played uncharted 4, I'd highly recommend it.

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 07:14 PM
I would really prefer a game in the military genre (like The Division) rather than fantasy/sorcery, but I will absolutely check out Witcher 3 and Diablo 3 as well. Thanks for your input :-)

Just wait on Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands. They already have the forum up and running and a community busy posting there. Guess I shouldnt tell the Debbie Downers that , they will probaly follow us there. lol

flamingo1976
07-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Ark survival evolved...

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Battlefield 1 another option too.

"cinematic" trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

NitroMidgets
07-13-2016, 07:19 PM
If you can find a good discount on it then Just Cause 3 now that they worked out some of the glitches (some games do get better, just not this one).
Witcher 3
Mafia 3 when it comes out.
No Mans Sky if you are into it.
You could go play Warface if you want a F2P shooter for now.
Warframe has far less grind then this game and your time is actually rewarded. Not to mention content comes much quicker.
There are a few games in Alpha and Beta right now that you can try to get into.
There are always options. Going outside and doing something then video games is an option as well. I started building a long range rifle for the Milk Jug Challenge in Utah.

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 07:19 PM
and heres the Ghost Recon coming up.

"cinematic" trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmzo4KvRmsM

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 07:22 PM

Last RPG I played was Legend of Zelda till I settled in my military theme , Been considering Witcher 3 as a gift for someone though.

Sn0wyPanda
07-13-2016, 07:26 PM
Left 4 Dead 2.

SkyCheez3_
07-13-2016, 07:29 PM
Escape from Tarkov is probably going to be next go-to Division-like game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyyJEzZq3sQ

It's a FPS very similar to "Shadow of Chernobyl" -- made by the same guys -- But it is much more realistic and similar to DayZ where you can choose to loose everything upon death, but then go right back and get it.

Unlike TD, nothing is walled off and all weapons and gear items are created equal. So, it's true player skill that determines engagements. It will have both a SP and MP portion (where you can loose everything) even though they are intertwined. It's an online, persistent game, but doesn't force you to play a style you don't want to in order to "progress" which in this game just means surviving for as long as possible once you play through the story missions.

KonaTC
07-13-2016, 08:05 PM
Dude go for gold......

PC Game, Player Funded, so guess what, they actually listen and care about the product because after all, the players paid for it, not some company backing them saying you will go live on this date, ready set go.

Used to cost like $5 to play the Alpha.....anyway,

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

developed by Chris Roberts, and if you don't know who that is or what games he has made, he created the Wing Commander Series. This is a persistent universe, with FPS and Space Flight Sim. Get a little of everything.

Edit: The website is more advanced than the last 3 content pushed from Massive.....just saying.

Kotwurschd
07-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Warframe is a very good game, if you have alot of time in your hands. You'll have fun with it most of the time. I sure had. I played it for 2+ years and I'm still logging in after a few months here and there. And everytime I go back to it, it's still fun and the devs add so much stuff and game changes to it, that it always holds a suprise when I go back to it. Other than that, I'm waiting for No Man's Sky, which is coming in like 3 weeks.

vvelvetelvis
07-13-2016, 08:20 PM
DOOM! Play doom and dont worry about your list. its fast and fun.

kellygreen45
07-13-2016, 08:22 PM

I would recommend that the side game series of COD Ghosts, EXTINCTION is up your alley, The Co op has healing and turrents and all four players have to work together. Reminds me very much of the Division. The servers are still up and matchmaking on console, dont know about PC though. ,

Why?

Because RPG game fans are more flexible in their gaming tastes than are shooter gamers.

KonaTC
07-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Last RPG I played was Legend of Zelda till I settled in my military theme , Been considering Witcher 3 as a gift for someone though.

Interesting you have such hate for the MMO RPG Fantasy games, considering your gamer tag.

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Interesting you have such hate for the MMO RPG Fantasy games, considering your gamer tag.

Youre the second person to complain about my gamertag that my daughter chose for me. What is your guys problem? There are fans here that are stalked too btw, and get weird mesages, Seriously, lay off.

Its creep to be analyzed by ones gamertag. I might laugh about a gamertag once in a while, but I never psycho analyze it. Saw a gamertag by the name of Foodstamps - (followed by a date/ number) , and my friend even bumped into him too. He gets around apparently, quite memorable..

KonaTC
07-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Youre the second person to complain about my gamertag that my daughter chose for me. What is your guys problem? There are fans here that are stalked too btw, and get weird mesages, Seriosly, lay off.

Didn't complain, only commented.

NerdRage exit of the forums is ------------------this way------------>

SIRLANCELOT444
07-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Didn't complain, only commented.

NerdRage exit of the forums is ------------------this way------------>

Have to hand it to you thats funny.

was still typing, added this,

Its creep to be analyzed by ones gamertag. I might laugh about a gamertag once in a while, but I never psycho analyze it. Saw a gamertag by the name of Foodstamps - (followed by a date/ number) , and my friend even bumped into him too. He gets around apparently, quite memorable.

Funnier still hearing his name called out on the mic.

googlebright
07-13-2016, 08:45 PM
Youre the second person to complain about my gamertag that my daughter chose for me. What is your guys problem? There are fans here that are stalked too btw, and get weird mesages, Seriously, lay off.

Its creep to be analyzed by ones gamertag. I might laugh about a gamertag once in a while, but I never psycho analyze it. Saw a gamertag by the name of Foodstamps - (followed by a date/ number) , and my friend even bumped into him too. He gets around apparently, quite memorable..

Wow, someone is feeling sensitive.

Dude, nobody psychoanalyzed you. They simply made a comment about the irony of your name and your taste in games. Relax.

KonaTC
07-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Have to hand it to you thats funny.

I have my moments

VikingFlokie
07-13-2016, 08:56 PM

The scenery and graphics
Collecting loot

If you like super heroes, DC Universe Online. Great story, gameplay, weapons, powers, styles, leveling and progression, more content than you can shake a stick at, solo play, two man teams, four man teams and eight man teams. The PvP has a lot of verity as well. The game had its problems in the beginning but everything is sorted out pretty well now. It kept me playing many hours every single day for five years.

irish0630
07-13-2016, 09:22 PM
TERA, played 3 years. It is the very best player combat system I have seen, been gaming since 1984 and have been there all along the way and tried hundreds of titles, some for 5 minutes, some for years.
Enjoy a very good game.... Adult content, savagely beautiful women, scantily clad, not for under 17!

Zathras23
07-13-2016, 09:30 PM
World of Tanks, World of Warships and Armored Warfare are all free to play and quite a lot of fun. Also Warships and AW both have a PvE mode which is quite good.

D4rkc0re
07-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Based on what you want....maybe Elder Scrolls....even though you would be missing the guns aspect.

Isn't Destiny similar to The Division as well?

Zathras23
07-14-2016, 01:18 AM
If you like super heroes, DC Universe Online. Great story, gameplay, weapons, powers, styles, leveling and progression, more content than you can shake a stick at, solo play, two man teams, four man teams and eight man teams. The PvP has a lot of verity as well. The game had its problems in the beginning but everything is sorted out pretty well now. It kept me playing many hours every single day for five years.

Man, if only City of Heroes/Villians were still around. That was a great game. I'll never buy another NCSuck product because of what they did to it.

skf4
07-14-2016, 01:21 AM

The scenery and graphics
Collecting loot

DESTINY - Trials of Osiris 😉

Jasonic87
07-14-2016, 01:32 AM
This.

This. But TW3 is a totally different game really. Immersive soulful, story based.. its not a grind game for the most part.

roonekoos1
07-14-2016, 05:11 AM
Battlefield 1 - when it comes out I stop playing the Devision for sure and I play every day.

Can't wait for ghost recon too but that will be next year :(:(.

teksuo1
07-14-2016, 05:14 AM
I just play TD with some Hearthstone and PolyBridge on the side when i get pissed. Seems to work for me as i'm still very much enjoying the division :D

quicksand2016
07-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Myself. 100% more satisfying.

MorePvE4u
07-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Me AUG 12th is when my gaming journey starts.

No Mans Sky a game I can play how I want, do what I want but with a purpose and an end goal. I can make my own story along side the games Lore/story.

Bring it on.

AlceonDays
07-14-2016, 05:02 PM
Witcher 3

I second that, if you haven't played it yet that is.
Witcher's first DLC has even more content/story than the Division main game + it's first DLC. Heck, CD Project Red could sell their DLC's as stand alone games for twice as much and it still would be a better deal than Division.