PDA

View Full Version : Expansion packs...questions

I.GJ53Hoepner
03-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi all,

it's been a week since i got IL2 FB and got around this board.I managed to get a bit into the game mechanics...and i really love it.Now i see there are many folks out there talking about AEP,BoE..and other expansion packs... My question is: which are the differences between these new upgrades? Will i find these game boxes in Italian shops or will i have to order them online? Will it be compatible for online playin FB with AEP and the other expansions?

Something else...
How to play on Hyperlobby servers? I was just able to play on UBI.com servers 'cause i found the ubi program directly on the original FB cd....

Thanks in advance guys

I.GJ53Hoepner
03-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi all,

it's been a week since i got IL2 FB and got around this board.I managed to get a bit into the game mechanics...and i really love it.Now i see there are many folks out there talking about AEP,BoE..and other expansion packs... My question is: which are the differences between these new upgrades? Will i find these game boxes in Italian shops or will i have to order them online? Will it be compatible for online playin FB with AEP and the other expansions?

Something else...
How to play on Hyperlobby servers? I was just able to play on UBI.com servers 'cause i found the ubi program directly on the original FB cd....

Thanks in advance guys

uberweng
03-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Gen.Hoepner,

AEP is an epansion disc made by IC maddox. It has many new planes and other features (i think). It represents the latest version on il2FB. BoE and the other expansions packs are made by 3rd party companies and are mainly extra missions and skins. There has been a major debate raging on the value of these 3rd party packs. I havent bought any of the 3rd party packs but from what i have read on this forum and simhq.com, BoE is good if you want to fly on the western front and all of the others suck.

I really recommned buying a copy of AEP, the new flyable planes really round out the plane selection (especially if you are italian) and the online campaign feature seems to be getting lots of positive feedback.

About the hyperlobby question, just download the software from here:

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

Install it and fly.....
Hyperlobby is a great program and there are usually lots of games going so you can choose a server that suits your playing stlye.

Uberweng

Spinne_3.-JG51
03-09-2004, 12:26 AM
AEP is an expansion pack for FB. It's out in the US. You guys in Europe should get it in 1-2 weeks. BoB is a whole new sim under developement for a mid-2005 release. It'll feature a single Britain/Channel/Northern France map and a lot of the real BoB planes.
To get Hyperlobby, you need to download it from the website. Just search on google.com

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/forumsig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you nice! I used to know your father."

I.GJ53Hoepner
03-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Thanks for answering mates

i'll download Hyperlobby client and try those servers.

Hope to see AEP in our shops soonhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

still thanks