PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client – July 2016 Update

Ubi-Cain
07-13-2016, 03:46 PM
Hello folks,

We have another update for you today with a couple of changes and some more of those bug fixes we all love so much. The main focus of this update however is on the initial support for our upcoming VR titles and support for activating and launching Title purchased via Oculus (Don’t worry Vive fans, you’re already covered via our existing Steam integration).

Changes in this release:

Added support for Oculus Store purchases for future Ubisoft VR title releases
Removed Twitch streaming functionality from client (Check back tomorrow for some information on alternative software if you’re still interested in streaming your gameplay)

Bug fixes:

Fixed a rare crash that would sometimes occur when downloading bonus content under specific circumstances
Fixed an issue whereby the Uplay overlay would not work after closing MSI afterburner while the game is running
Fixed chat icons flashing orange when the chat the open in a focused active window
Fixed an issue in which a preloaded title would display two separate tiles in the ‘Installed’ section of the Games Library

…………………
The Uplay Team

THX2302
08-02-2016, 09:07 PM
What is not mentioned here is that Friends list was reverted back to previous, less usable state, when it comes to Friends Suggestions. Previous version had two buttons on hover - Add as Friend and Discard. It was not ideal as you had to move mouse for buttons to appear, and you still couldn't discard more than one player at the time. But even then it was much better than right clicking on each and every name and discarding it manually. That was reintroduced with this update. I don't understand why would you do that, it only increases time for us to perform a repetitive action.

Can you please fix uPlay Friends list so that you:
1. Remove limitation when it comes to the number of suggestions that will block new suggestions from appearing (either auto delete the oldest suggestions or just remove the limit in terms of sheer numbers);
2. Allow to discard more than one suggestion at a time;
3. Allow to perform an action (e.g. discard, but also block, remove, etc.) through readily available buttons instead through right clicking.

JKeift
08-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Hi, Ubi-Cain, thanks for the update. Quick unrelated question—do you know if there are currently any plans to include a web browser in the overlay, similar to Steam's and Origin's?

Fireseed
08-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Hi Ubi-Cain,

can we get a changelog for the last two updates? Yesterday came a big one, but without any changelog.

Ubi-Cain
08-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Hi Ubi-Cain,
can we get a changelog for the last two updates? Yesterday came a big one, but without any changelog.

Sure thing.

They have both been "small" updates though... in a sense.

The update on the 20th July now allows the Remember Me function to work with 2 Step Verification. Providing you don't lot out manually or get a forced log out you shouldn't be asked for the authentication code on a particular machine. Providing you remain active or it will reset after a while.

The update yesterday fixed a crash that would occur when trying to activate a Denuvo protected game while in offline mode.

Fireseed
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Ah okay, so nothing spectacular. :)
Anyway thanks for info Cain.

THX2302
08-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Hi Ubi-Cain,

Do you have any information on the Friends Suggestions list item I mentioned above? Is there a changelog for it? I'm not sure about the exact date but it happened several days ago.

Do you plan to revert the behavior to having two buttons for Add as Friend and Discard or do you plan to keep it this way? Is there anything we can do to avoid clearing each and every name in the list separately (list will stop updating if you don't do this)?

Thank you in advance.

Louiscarr
08-07-2016, 07:39 AM
So what's with game updates then?

i bought Splinter Cell Blacklist and have the problem that I can't get online. No help from a ticket which is ignored. I eventually got wireshark out and saw the server ips it's trying to contact and they are all dead to pinging. I've tried everything I can think of including all port opening, changing routers, firewall and a whole number of things suggested out there.

Then I look in the registry and see that the version for the game is v1.00.
So I re-installed Uplay in the hope that it would autopatch - nope!
Reinstall the game - nope.

Download the 3 available patches and run the first one and it tells me that Splinter Cell Blacklist is not on my computer!!

So what's the solution? Uplay is not updating my game and I can't manually update it.

THX2302
08-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Hi Ubi-Cain,

Last night I noticed that Friends Suggestions list behavior has been reverted to having two buttons (Add as Friend and Discard) and I came here to say thank you. But just now I saw it has again been changed to right click > Discard.

I'm not sure what is going on as all these changes are undocumented. But I would appreciate it if you could provide update on what the plan is to have as a final arrangement.

Fireseed
08-08-2016, 12:58 PM

i bought Splinter Cell Blacklist and have the problem that I can't get online. No help from a ticket which is ignored. I eventually got wireshark out and saw the server ips it's trying to contact and they are all dead to pinging. I've tried everything I can think of including all port opening, changing routers, firewall and a whole number of things suggested out there.

Download the 3 available patches and run the first one and it tells me that Splinter Cell Blacklist is not on my computer!!

So what's the solution? Uplay is not updating my game and I can't manually update it.

You use the latest Uplay version? -> https://ubistatic3-a.akamaihd.net/orbit/launcher_installer/UplayInstaller.exe
In the regular case no manually update is needed, Uplay should download them all for you by launching the game.

Ubi-Cain
08-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Do you have any information on the Friends Suggestions list item I mentioned above? Is there a changelog for it? I'm not sure about the exact date but it happened several days ago.

Last night I noticed that Friends Suggestions list behavior has been reverted to having two buttons (Add as Friend and Discard) and I came here to say thank you. But just now I saw it has again been changed to right click > Discard.

I'm not sure what is going on as all these changes are undocumented. But I would appreciate it if you could provide update on what the plan is to have as a final arrangement.

I'm not seeing any documented changes on our end to suggest that this was changed at all. Were these shown in 2 different displays shown in 2 different places (Overlay/Client)?

In regards to your previous ideas, New suggestions should overwrite older ones automatically. You shouldn't have to discard any to see new suggestions.
That being said this could be an underlying issue of our broader issues with the friends system and its slowness.

We're working on that issue of course, though it's going to be a little while before a proper fix is in place. Until then we won't be making any noteworthy changes to the way friends work but once we have we've some big plans in that area :)

You shouldn't need to patch the game anymore since we "remastered" the downloadable Uplay version some time ago. These remastered versions include all of the game game updates in the initial download, so if you re-downloaded it, it's already patched and up to date.

I just downloaded and booted up the game and I got into multiplayer just fine (After finding it :P), though it took a good long while to get other players into the game but the lobby opened up near instantly. It might be a case of there simply being very few people playing the Multiplayer portion of the game, but it does seem to be working. (Version in the registry also shows as 1.0, so it doesn't reflect the actual game version.)

This is probably best directed towards their game forum since it's a game issue and my knowledge will be limited, but... can you get past the "connecting..." message?

Louiscarr
08-08-2016, 09:37 PM
You use the latest Uplay version? -> https://ubistatic3-a.akamaihd.net/orbit/launcher_installer/UplayInstaller.exe
In the regular case no manually update is needed, Uplay should download them all for you by launching the game.

Yes I ended up downloading both game and uplay again. There is no attempt to patch - it launches the game immediately.

however, I did see a thread to do with remastered games suggesting that those games are installed fully patched. It doesn't explain the v1.00 in the registry, nor the inability to get online or the fact that the game tries to contact server IPs that don't exist.

I still can't find a solution to this yet I know others are getting online without any problem. I have eliminated my router (using another router), firewall and practically every published solution out there.