PDA

View Full Version : When do you think Empire will take place?

Sigma 1313
07-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Assuming Empire is in Egypt, when do you think it'll take place?

Sesheenku
07-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Dunno, there's a few time periods they could logically explore.

The time of Cleopatra or we could follow Altairs descendant Iskender on his rise to mentor. Could go in 1340 in that time period where the scepter was stolen by templars or perhaps the early 11th century when they had just come into possession of the scepter for the first time.

We could also explore the very beginning of the Egyptian order in the 2nd century before the common era. Which would probably be the most interesting and the freshest possible experience. There would be no hidden blades in this particular time period.

I've heard it's supposed to be a super fresh experience so I'm gonna go with the 2nd century. That's the wildest change we could experience. Maybe 5th century BCE after the hidden blade was first used as to not stray quite so far.

ERICATHERINE
07-09-2016, 11:49 PM
Assuming Empire is in Egypt, when do you think it'll take place?

Judjing by the code name "empire" I can think of 2 spot on the timeline, that I would like.

First, there is the time prior to the one where Napoleon became emperor, back when he went to Egypt to get the apple, which Arno sent there, in dead kings. If that happen, I hope we won't be there in the entire game, so we can see how Arno rejoined the French Assassins and how he became a master Assassin.

The other "empire" in Egypt, I would like would in the isu era. From my point of view, the isu were leading an Isu empire on the entire planet. I think a game set in the isu era would be fantastic.

On the other hand, if you want me to talk about an Egypt era, I'd say it can take place anywhere on the timeline. I clearly remember everyone in the french acintiates.com forum saying the code for rogue was "comet", but thing is I never saw a single comet in rogue. So talking about empire, it's possible there just won't be an empire in the next game. ^-^

Sesheenku
07-10-2016, 12:01 AM
Judjing by the code name "empire" I can think of 2 spot on the timeline, that I would like.

First, there is the time prior to the one where Napoleon became emperor, back when he went to Egypt to get the apple, which Arno sent there, in dead kings. If that happen, I hope we won't be there in the entire game, so we can see how Arno rejoined the French Assassins and how he became a master Assassin.

The other "empire" in Egypt, I would like would in the isu era. From my point of view, the isu were leading an Isu empire on the entire planet. I think a game set in the isu era would be fantastic.

On the other hand, if you want me to talk about an Egypt era, I'd say it can take place anywhere on the timeline. I clearly remember everyone in the french acintiates.com forum saying the code for rogue was "comet", but thing is I never saw a single comet in rogue. So talking about empire, it's possible there just won't be an empire in the next game. ^-^

Indeed. Any era is fair game atm.

I think they'll either pick the most innovative no matter how crazy it is or go with something within the usual realm with some opportunity for freshness.

I've said it many times now, they've become the FF of action open world games. I wouldn't be surprised if the next AC is something relatively foreign. They're big enough and have enough odd entries in the series to do it without losing fans.

Sigma 1313
07-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Personally I think it'd be great to see Darius and the origins of the Hidden Blade in the game following Empire. I've talked about this a few times now.

@Sesheenku I think a lot of fans like the series for the historical tourism, so while in most games something really exotic could be a turn off, I think it's exactly what AC needs, and what fans crave. A lot of people have been begging for China, Japan, Vikings, American Mid-West, Ancient Egypt (and of course WW2 is pretty common). I think something foreign would actually be more attractive to more people.

Sesheenku
07-10-2016, 12:15 AM
This is their chance to cement AC as a series that is not necessarily bound to anything.

Even better if they stop trying to connect them via the modern story.

Megas_Doux
07-10-2016, 12:30 AM
My pick is for the New Kingdom of Egypt, between the XVI - XI centuries BC, a thousand years after the age in which the pyramids were built. With big names such as Akhenaten and Ramesses II being my choices for that fantasy of mine of "the first modern templar"arc.

ERICATHERINE
07-10-2016, 04:11 AM
Also, i know sigma already indirectly mentioned it in the first post of this thread, but don't forget Egypt is still a rumor. The only info that has been confirmed yet from the original rumor is that we won't have a new ac game this year, except the two last ac chronicle, which we got right at the start of the year. Looking at you, ubisoft. We won't more info about the next game. ^-^

Sesheenku
07-10-2016, 05:01 AM
I hope wherever we go, we go back before guns. I'm tired of guns.

Helforsite
07-10-2016, 06:55 AM
I voted for Xerxes's expansion of the Persian Empire, because if we hold the Egypt rumour to be true, we also have to assume that the rumoured Greece, Rome follow-up games are coming, which would make the most sense in this era.

After the founding of Alexandria seems a relatively plausible options, because we would have the city to roam around in, but technically it is not considered part of Ancient Egypt, but of the classical antiquity.

The assassination of Cleopatra is my absoluteley last choice, because Ubisoft has said time and time again that they want to explore eras that havent been done to death in other media, so that it seems fresh and Cleopatra and her era have done, redone, remastered and remade already.

Crusades would only make sense from 1147(start of the Second Crusade) to 1191(time of Assassin's Creed 1) and seems to me to close in time to the first game for one and nowhere near being Acient Egypt for another.

Personally however, I would want the game to be set in the New Kingdom era, also referred to as the Egyptian Empire, where I think you should go for the 18th or 19th Dynasty, because you would have name recognition with Tutankhamun, Ramses I/II and Amenhotep I-IV. What I really would like to see is Amenhotep IV's and Tutankhamun's reign and with them spanning ca. 28 years together it would make sense to have a character grow up in that time and become a master assassins while all this is happening. I was thinking we start the game as a slave kid (8-12 years) during the beginning of the reign of Amenhotep IV and then go from there to a little after Tutankhamun's death which not much is known about.

Namikaze_17
07-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Man something about 'Ancient' and 'Egypt' just doesn't sit right with me... I dunno if it's because I don't get the hype; reasons it sorta doesn't work; or because I'm so spoiled by going forward in time. Maybe all of them. All this being if it's the next setting that is.

Anyways I'll be that guy and say 20th century for the curve ball & lolz. That and Xerxes' expansion because I can't help but think of the dude from 300.

Helforsite
07-10-2016, 07:42 AM
Man something about 'Ancient' and 'Egypt' just doesn't sit right with me... I dunno if it's because I don't get the hype; reasons it sorta doesn't work; or because I'm so spoiled by going forward in time. Maybe all of them. All this being if it's the next setting that is.

Anyways I'll be that guy and say 20th century for the curve ball & lolz. That and Xerxes' expansion because I can't help but think of the dude from 300.

I do not really trust it either at the moment. I worry that maybe they will use Egypt, but not in the Ancient eras.
Would love to hear what your reasons are why it sort of does not work and what you mean by being spoiled by going forward in time.

Namikaze_17
07-10-2016, 08:18 AM
I do not really trust it either at the moment. I worry that maybe they will use Egypt, but not in the Ancient eras.

Personally, I don't care either way. Not to be harsh, but I don't care about Egypt really; would've preferred Greece, Babylon or whatever else.

Would love to hear what your reasons are why it sort of does not work and what you mean by being spoiled by going forward in time

Sure thing! :)

For the first question; for starters, if it is indeed in Ancient Egypt, there would be a problem with buildings being nowhere near as large or developed compared to the other games which are in later times ( barring AC1 if its the Crusades); at best it'll be like NY in TOKW or even something on a lesser scale if that makes sense-them being known to barely even reach one-storey tall back then. Sure, they could scale it; but later periods for Egypt just sound more practical than in anything ancient in terms of parkour due to the wider streets(otherwise you're asking for more gadgets that people will complain to the heavens about); Other things I suppose would include the questioning of how a theoretical desert would work? it just doesn't sound as appealing or even as fun like the ocean of Black Flag or the Frontier from AC3. It just sounds... empty. But that's a personal gripe. Anyway that's all I can think of for now.

For the second; nothing special, it's just been a few years of going from the 1700's to the late 1860's as all. You just get used to it.

Sushiglutton
07-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Voted 30BCE, but I see that I'm alone, so now I wanna change lol. My thinking was that there were many famous character in that era and it would be easy to expand to Rome in sequels. But it suddenly struck me that part of the rumour was that they wanted to go back to an era which gave them maximum freedom for story? Anyone else recall this, or am I making it up? Anyhow that would indicate the earlier time periods like Xerxes.

marvelfannumber
07-10-2016, 01:56 PM
I am thinking it may be at some point in Ptolemaic Egypt. If the rumoured Greece/Rome sequels are true it would be easy for them to tie the story togheter as both Rome and Greece were major powers by the last half of Ptolemaic Egypt. You would also have Alexandria being a thing, and I don't see Ubisoft avoiding the opportunity to have that as a city.

My other two theories is that it may be in either Roman Egypt or New Kingdom Egypt, but I am not quite sure about those.

I also think Byzantine Egypt would be very interesting, but I am 95% certain they won't do that.

ze_topazio
07-10-2016, 03:04 PM
I very much doubt they're going to pick any period before the three Pyramids of Giza were built, although the time when the Pyramid of Khufu was being built during the reign of Khufu is also possible since khufu is often described by some ancient historian as not very nice (modern historians have doubts about that though), former slave fighting against tyrannical king? sounds very AC like to me.

Sigma 1313
07-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Voted 30BCE, but I see that I'm alone, so now I wanna change lol. My thinking was that there were many famous character in that era and it would be easy to expand to Rome in sequels. But it suddenly struck me that part of the rumour was that they wanted to go back to an era which gave them maximum freedom for story? Anyone else recall this, or am I making it up? Anyhow that would indicate the earlier time periods like Xerxes.

I thought it would be cool to see the assassination of Ceasar and Cleopatra, but Cleopatra died in 30BCE, while Ceasar died in 44BCE. So if we start in Egypt with Cleopatra, we won't see Brutus kill Ceasar.

And @Namikaze_17 We definitely won't be seeing Syndicate levels of height, but I don't think it'll be that bad. We're talking about people who build the pyramids. They have massive architecture. Walls and temples that still exist are routinely over 3-4 stories tall. I don't think it'd be impossible to see several more buildings that were that tall. There certainly will be 1-2 story houses, but 3-4 stories will exist too, and I think (and hope) the cities are a good mix, like AC1-Rev.

Helforsite
07-10-2016, 05:59 PM
For the first question; for starters, if it is indeed in Ancient Egypt, there would be a problem with buildings being nowhere near as large or developed compared to the other games which are in later times ( barring AC1 if its the Crusades); at best it'll be like NY in TOKW or even something on a lesser scale if that makes sense-them being known to barely even reach one-storey tall back then. Sure, they could scale it; but later periods for Egypt just sound more practical than in anything ancient in terms of parkour due to the wider streets(otherwise you're asking for more gadgets that people will complain to the heavens about);
Yeah, the normal buildings probably wont be too tall, but I would actually enjoy not having to climb 30 seconds every time I want to get to the roof. You would of course have large buildings in form of temples, palaces and pyramids to really get your climb on. Also, as far as I could see on the internet the cities of Ancient Egypt did not have very wide streets and were more packed together, but I could be wrong on this.

Other things I suppose would include the questioning of how a theoretical desert would work? it just doesn't sound as appealing or even as fun like the ocean of Black Flag or the Frontier from AC3. It just sounds... empty. But that's a personal gripe. Anyway that's all I can think of for now.
As far as I know, life in Egypt revolved around and most of its cities were next to the Nile or other sources of water and had quite the lush vegetation, so we probably would not see that much of the desert if reports of traversing the Nile via a sail-boat are true. Next, the desert with its sandstorms, the occasional oasis and the travelling nomadic tribes should not feel as empty and dull as you imagine.

For the second; nothing special, it's just been a few years of going from the 1700's to the late 1860's as all. You just get used to it.
Yeah, but that rhythm is what made AC a little dull in my opinion. While seeing the Thames crammed full of boats and jumping on to a moving train was exciting, its stuff I can do in other games too and I also feel like every game seemed to get more and more like how it is today, which I can experience by going outside.

Ubisoft often say that they want maximum freedom for the narrative they are telling, which is why they want to choose time periods not much is known about to have that liberty to say someone died that way or another person did that.

I am thinking it may be at some point in Ptolemaic Egypt. If the rumoured Greece/Rome sequels are true it would be easy for them to tie the story together as both Rome and Greece were major powers by the last half of Ptolemaic Egypt. You would also have Alexandria being a thing, and I don't see Ubisoft avoiding the opportunity to have that as a city.
While I do think you are right, I actually do not want an Ancient Egypt game after the time of the Pharaohs, because they and the mysticism around them are big part of the appeal of Ancient Egypt for me.

I very much doubt they're going to pick any period before the three Pyramids of Giza were built, although the time when the Pyramid of Khufu was being built during the reign of Khufu is also possible since khufu is often described by some ancient historian as not very nice (modern historians have doubts about that though), former slave fighting against tyrannical king? sounds very AC like to me.
I doubt they would go before the time of the Old Kingdom when most of the big Pyramids in Egypt were constructed and I also do not think they will go before the time of Tutankhamun/Ramses II, because they want the name recognition of these two, so if they go early than Xerxes's expansion of the Persian Empire they will most likely use a time shortly before, during or shortly after the reign of these two.

I thought it would be cool to see the assassination of Ceasar and Cleopatra, but Cleopatra died in 30BCE, while Ceasar died in 44BCE. So if we start in Egypt with Cleopatra, we won't see Brutus kill Ceasar.
No, just no! The time around Caesar/Cleopatra has been done to death in other forms of media. It is nothing new and totally boring, because I and many other have already seen multiple version not only of that time period and setting, but even of Caesars and Cleopatras assassinations themselves.

And @Namikaze_17 We definitely won't be seeing Syndicate levels of height, but I don't think it'll be that bad. We're talking about people who build the pyramids. They have massive architecture. Walls and temples that still exist are routinely over 3-4 stories tall. I don't think it'd be impossible to see several more buildings that were that tall. There certainly will be 1-2 story houses, but 3-4 stories will exist too, and I think (and hope) the cities are a good mix, like AC1-Rev.
Totally agree, verticality should not be that big of a problem.

marvelfannumber
07-10-2016, 07:05 PM
While I do think you are right, I actually do not want an Ancient Egypt game after the time of the Pharaohs, because they and the mysticism around them are big part of the appeal of Ancient Egypt for me.

Well the Ptolemies kind of were Pharaohs, mostly just in name only but still. Plus I think the Ptolemaic Dynastys mix of Greek and Egyptian culture could make for a very unique, varied and vibrant setting.

Sesheenku
07-10-2016, 11:14 PM

I will drop this series faster than a cockroach that just landed in my hand suddenly.

Never 20th century.

ERICATHERINE
07-10-2016, 11:56 PM
I hope wherever we go, we go back before guns. I'm tired of guns.

You know there was guns in the isu era, right? ^-^

But it suddenly struck me that part of the rumour was that they wanted to go back to an era which gave them maximum freedom for story? Anyone else recall this, or am I making it up? Anyhow that would indicate the earlier time periods like Xerxes.

Or maybe a first civ game. ^-^

Sesheenku
07-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Nooooo gunssss hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Guns will ruin everything.

Sigma 1313
07-11-2016, 12:32 AM
As far as I know, life in Egypt revolved around and most of its cities were next to the Nile or other sources of water and had quite the lush vegetation, so we probably would not see that much of the desert if reports of traversing the Nile via a sail-boat are true. Next, the desert with its sandstorms, the occasional oasis and the travelling nomadic tribes should not feel as empty and dull as you imagine.

Yeah that's right. Egypt is way greener than people think. I don't see tree running making a come-back though. Maybe rock climbing? I think we're going to be seeing "lower Egypt", so a lot of it is going to be green, lush, vegetation along the Nile and its tributaries. We'll probably have hunting of animals come back, including animals like hippos now. To the west will be the most desert. If they decide to be accurate, the map should be similar to this. Though they could make a frontier 2.0

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Lower_Egypt_460_BC.png

ze_topazio
07-11-2016, 12:57 AM
Or maybe a first civ game. ^-^

The only thing worse than a modern game would be a first civ game.

Namikaze_17
07-11-2016, 01:06 AM

Well, I was more so trying to point how the height could potentially bother those that weren't exactly thrilled with the buildings from AC3 and how strikingly similar it'll be to that in some ways. But, you do raise a valid point; It's all mere conjecture anyway.

Yeah, the normal buildings probably wont be too tall, but I would actually enjoy not having to climb 30 seconds every time I want to get to the roof. You would of course have large buildings in form of temples, palaces and pyramids to really get your climb on. Also, as far as I could see on the internet the cities of Ancient Egypt did not have very wide streets and were more packed together, but I could be wrong on this.

Those large buildings sound cool enough to climb a few times, but it would only lose its luster after awhile. Aside from that; you'll just have a mostly flat playground regardless of how long it'll take you to climb each building.

Perhaps; I'll definitely be open to the experience if the reports are true regarding the Nile.

The desert still sounds like a snooze in comparison to BF's ocean which left room for various islands, forts, and settlements. Hell; even the frontier, while flawed, had its moments with the tree climbing and scope of the wilderness. But; you did shed light on what I previously thought, so there's that. :)

I will drop this series faster than a cockroach that just landed in my hand suddenly.

Never 20th century.

Would you try it for a Scooby snack? :rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
07-11-2016, 01:57 AM

Scooby doo just readed and came.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY

:p

Sesheenku
07-11-2016, 02:04 AM

I could not, would not, on a boat.
I will not, will not, with a goat.
I will not play it in the rain.
I will not try it on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let me be!
I do not like it in a box.
I do not like it with a fox.
I will not try it in a house.
I do not like it with a mouse.
I do not like it here or there.
I do not like it ANYWHERE!

The only thing worse than a modern game would be a first civ game.

Too right.

... Wait....

Omg, First civ actually... it's not tied to reality anymore, there wouldn't have to be guns.

They could make a pretty sweet Sci-Fi AC with some sick music that actually plays like an AC...

and they can explain it all with civ technology.

Why no guns? Barriers created, Hidden Blade is the first object able to pierce through said barriers, first civ has not yet discovered how to apply the properties to projectiles.

Could be bloody amazing even if they don't go overboard with the fantasy tech.

Y'know no invisibility or anything like that, nothing that ruins climbing, and no vehicles.

ERICATHERINE
07-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Omg, First civ actually... it's not tied to reality anymore, there wouldn't have to be guns.

I think you should watch this video from 0:21 to 0:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiKZWkWHSrA

You can see an isu (probably Jupiter), using a gun. ^-^

Sesheenku
07-11-2016, 09:05 AM
I think you should watch this video from 0:21 to 0:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiKZWkWHSrA

You can see an isu (probably Jupiter), using a gun. ^-^

Yeah but there's no context for the gun use. They could easily explain that it was specifically used against humans and say that it doesn't work on the Isu cause they have technology to block it. Juno says they had barriers after all.

The assassins could be a human/isu hybrid and be born and raised by the humans.

The humans could come across one of the isu's pieces of tech that allows them/give them insight to create the first hidden blade of which the original purpose would be to bypass Isu defenses.

Anyways they still have a lot of flexibility in that era.

cawatrooper9
07-11-2016, 04:48 PM
The typical response is Ancient Egypt, but Egypt has such a crazy deep and long history, this is actually a pretty interesting question.

Helforsite
07-14-2016, 09:09 PM
I have been doing a bit of research on Ancient Egypt and the Assassin's Creed timeline and came up with a few questions that may or may not narrow the period in which Assassin's Creed Empire could take place, but should be interesting to discuss either way. So, I thought I would just list them with explanations of how/why I came up with the question and my thoughts on the matter.

1.Could we possibly be playing a female protagonist?
While sifting through the timeline of the Assassin's Creed Universe I came upon Iltani and Amunet, which to my shame I had almost forgotten about, and decided to do some research - meaning I googled some stuff - and from what I could find out the situation for women in Ancient Egypt was pretty good. They had the same legal rights as men and while socially they were seen as belonging to men they were still better off than in times like the Middle Ages.
Now, personally I would love to play a female assassin. I found Evie to be much more stealthy, graceful and elegant than the Assassins we played in the other games, just something about the way she moved. Also, with women typically wearing more than men in Ancient Egypt we would have a better chance to see a variation of the classic hood on her outfit and I quite like the idea of playing as a woman, because men would underestimate the character which could open up some interesting new gameplay features.

2.Do you guys think they would set a game in the same time lore and characters have already been established in, maybe even play as one of them?
This also came to me when I was browsing the AC timeline and saw that with Darius, Iltani and Amunet we have three established characters in the time of Ancient Egypt, we could potentially play as. These three have respectively assassinated Xerxes, Alexander the Great and Cleopatra and thereby covered three of the most important assassinations of prospective time periods for Assassin's Creed Empire.
And therein lies my problem, if we were to play as one of them or someone living at the same time, which I think we should not and will not do, we would already know what happens and this would make any story less interesting and predicatable to a certain extent.

3.How important is weapon variety to you and what weapons would you like to see in Empire?
It seems a lot of people seem to think that Ancient Egyptians had barely more than sickles to defend themselves with, so I visited a few websites and found out that there are quite a few weapons in Ancient Egypt: bows, slings, spears, sickles, knives, daggers, throwing sticks(boomerangs), clubs, maces, Khopeshs(sickleswords) and swords.
I personally have missed the bow since Assassin's Creed 3 and throwing knvies since before that and deperately want them back. But I also want the Khopeshs, because they just look sick, and throwing sticks, because they would make a really good ranged non-lethal weapon. And I want my daggers back, and double hidden blades to fight with and everything else pretty much^^

cawatrooper9
07-15-2016, 03:06 PM
1.Could we possibly be playing a female protagonist?

You know, what's interesting and sad is that this is less dependent on the tropes of historical fiction and the lore of the series than it is the state of modern gaming. It's not hard at all to imagine a female Assassin in this time- women have played an important part in the order from the beginning with Eve, and this is probably going to be long before the seemingly more patriarchal Levantine order.

So, the ancient order of Assassins, before they were even necessarily known as such, could conceivably be totally fine with this. On the other hand, it would be a significant gamble for Ubisoft to publish a game with a sole female protagonist. Draw what conclusions from that you will.

Do you guys think they would set a game in the same time lore and characters have already been established in, maybe even play as one of them?
If they did, I'd prefer that they not have an existing character as the protagonist. Give those characters cameos, sure, but I'd want an entirely new story, and one that wasn't dependent on prior knowledge from previous games.

Though, to be honest, Egypt has a ton of history. What we classify as "Ancient Egypt" varies a little depending on the definition, but typically sits at about a six-thousand year timeline. Then. Then, there's over a thousand years after that before we get to the events of the first Assassins Creed, with the Crusades. That's a ton of History to cover, and here's something to put it into perspective- every 3-D console release since 2012 (including Liberation) has been set within roughly 150 years of each other, with 4 of those six games taking place on the same underdeveloped (at the time) continent. That's six games that cover roughly the timespan of 1/40th of Ancient Egyptian history- "Ancient" being the operative word, because their history didn't stop in the 3rd century BCE- it continues to present day.

I guess my point is, we could have preexisting characters, sure- but why not branch out a little?

3.How important is weapon variety to you and what weapons would you like to see in Empire?
Let start with an Assassin staple- the hidden blade. I'd love to see a primitive form of this, and one that actually does require the sacrificing of a digit for once. It seems like forever since this was an issue, so it would be cool to bring back.

Now, personally I think ACIV-ACS handled ranged combat best, as wielding a ranged weapon (when not quickfiring) felt like playing a third person shooter rather than a tacked on gimmick. So, I'd like to see a similar situation like that, so I'll be dividing my categories into ranged and melee weapons:

Melee:
Khopeshs- I love to see weaponry unique to the geography of a particular game. I don't know a lot about this particular piece, but my curiosity is piqued.
Spears- My weapon of choice in Unity, and one I think would be right at home in the sands of Egypt.
Clubs- Hate to be blunt :p but this would fit in particularly well in an Ancient setting.
Swords- Take it or leave it. If they were part of Ancient Egyptian arsenals, I suppose they should appear.

Ranged:
Slings- Love this, would be very unique to the game
Bows- Connor's bow is one of my favorite ranged weapons in the series, even though I wasn't a fan of how ranged combat was handled in AC III
Boomerangs- Were these really common in Egypt? If so, I'm totally game.

Regarding other gadgets- I know that as a big proponent of the grappling hook this is pretty hypocritical of me, but I'd rather not see a lot of gadgets in this game. I know there's the Eagle flying thing, and I hope that's more just about standard falconeering with a bit of suspension of disbelief rather than some weird/racist Far Cry mysticism BS. If there is any sort of magic or whatever, I can only hope it ties into POES.

Which, by the way, I hope Ubisoft isn't afraid of introducing earlier in the game. If we do need more gadgets, just give us a POE.

marvelfannumber
07-15-2016, 05:22 PM
So, the ancient order of Assassins, before they were even necessarily known as such, could conceivably be totally fine with this. On the other hand, it would be a significant gamble for Ubisoft to publish a game with a sole female protagonist. Draw what conclusions from that you will.
I can't really recall any game or movie in the last 20/30 years that's done worse financially due to starring a female (Atleast in the first world), so I don't know about that. Not that it really matters at the end of the day.

because their history didn't stop in the 3rd century BCE- it continues to present day.
Well, I would say Egyptian history (in terms of Egyptian civilization/culture) probably did end around the 700s/800s A.D
After that it very much just becomes an extension of Arab history and modern Egypt barely even resembles Ancient Egypt at all and has become an entirely different country/culture.

cawatrooper9
07-15-2016, 08:41 PM
I can't really recall any game or movie in the last 20/30 years that's done worse financially due to starring a female (Atleast in the first world), so I don't know about that. Not that it really matters at the end of the day.

Well, it's certainly a complicated and frankly impossible task to say for sure either way, but I think that it's pretty optimistic to think that a game starring a female lead would do just as well. Personally I'd love a female Assassin to headline her own game, but there have been several polls on these very forums that reflect the idea that female protags would kill the series for some people- sad, but true.

Well, I would say Egyptian history (in terms of Egyptian civilization/culture) probably did end around the 700s/800s A.D
After that it very much just becomes an extension of Arab history and modern Egypt barely even resembles Ancient Egypt at all and has become an entirely different country/culture.

Fair point, I may be simplifying things by not noting that shift- but regardless, it's still a ton of history.

marvelfannumber
07-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Well, it's certainly a complicated and frankly impossible task to say for sure either way, but I think that it's pretty optimistic to think that a game starring a female lead would do just as well. Personally I'd love a female Assassin to headline her own game, but there have been several polls on these very forums that reflect the idea that female protags would kill the series for some people- sad, but true.
I dunno I can't say I remember movies like Alien/Terminator or games like Tomb Raider/Metroid/Life is Strange selling particularily terribly simply for having females in it. Even if people say they don't like in polls doesn't really guarantee they won't buy it either way.

Anyways this is getting off-topic so we better stop.

Helforsite
07-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Man, I should really stop researching Ancient Egypt and browsing through DeviantArt or I am going to explode if it is not true! The more I learn, the more perfect the setting and the stronger the case for a Assassin's Creed game set in Ancient Egypt, which would be much more awesome than a Assassin's Creed set in a more recent Egypt and I am going to make the case for it right here. Like always feel free to disagree with me... not, Ancient Egypt is the Egypt we need and want!

1.Weaponry and clothing:
http://pre01.deviantart.net/717c/th/pre/i/2014/196/a/1/assassin_s_creed_egypt_by_tetamonja-d7qs2d0.jpg
It just shows off how good Ancient Egyptian Assassins could look.
There were tons of cool weapons(bows, slings, spears, sickles, khopeshs, swords, daggers, clubs, maces, boomerangs, knives) in Ancient Egypt as I have stated in my last post and they are all looking very cool:
Khopesh:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/l5r/images/3/38/Khopesh.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130512133423
Daggers:
http://strangesounds.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/tutankhamun-dagger-meteorite-iron-extraterrestrial.jpg
Slings:
https://egyptmanchester.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/sling_shot_103.jpg
Sickles:
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BJ3WEN/ceremonial-sickle-ancient-egyptian-18th-dynasty-c1333-1324-bc-artist-BJ3WEN.jpg

But also the stye of clothing was vastly different from what we have seen in prvious games and shows off much more skin with possible outfits for our assassin looking like these:
http://orig04.deviantart.net/2079/f/2010/093/a/8/egyptian_assassin_by_leereex.jpg
http://pre00.deviantart.net/54b7/th/pre/f/2014/201/2/1/assassin_s_creed_amunet_1_by_yowan2008-d7rgmfq.jpg
http://pre15.deviantart.net/9ad5/th/pre/i/2015/262/8/d/ancient_egyptian_assassin_by_yannickdubeau-d9a57l1.jpghttp://img10.deviantart.net/0ac8/i/2014/198/9/f/numa_al_khamsin_by_flashnl-d7r3q1f.jpg

2.Environment & Wildlife:
In Ancient Egypt the environment was not as much of a desert as it is today and was much more lush and also had more wildlife variety because of it.
http://kaheel7.com/eng/images/stories/34(3).jpg
There is a plethora of wildlife that is maybe extinct or migrated away from Egypt, but could be possible to see in Ancient Egypt. This goes from cheetahs, mongooses and lynx over crocodiles, hippos and snakes to jackals, desert foxes, gazelles and many, many more.
Cobra:
https://isiopolis.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/egyptian-cobra.jpg
Caracal:
http://scoopempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Caracal.jpg
Hippos:
http://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/600x600p/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/117/86/87690308.jpg
Desert Foxes:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Fennec_Foxes.jpg

And also let us not forget the pyramids and its tombs!
http://www.egyptlandofeternity.com/images/abuSimbel/abuSimbel2011_03_28_091.jpg
http://www.destination360.com/africa/egypt/images/s/pyramids.jpg

Part 2 coming soon...

crash_1232015
07-25-2016, 12:03 PM
Came across a couple of speculations about AC Empire timeline and the possibility of a trilogy covering ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. I think this is a brilliant idea, whether it is true or not. Therefore, what timeline, assuming we play the same character through all three games, would be ideal?

Well, I think it would be a good idea to have a trilogy that is set roughly between 200 and 146BC. This time period is ideal as Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome all existed simultaneously at this time. The first game can be set in Ancient Egypt say 200-170BC with the Ptolemies in power, the second game can be set in Ancient Greece around 170-155BC where the Greek city states are still largely independent from Rome.

The trilogy could have one huge villain that we finally confront at the end of the third game which could be set in Ancient Rome 155-146. The Ancient Rome game could culminate in 146BC when Rome conquered both Carthage in Tunisia and Corinth in Greece in the same year - the main villain/templar could be manipulating events that results in such large expansion of the Roman Republic.

We could tackle large networks of Templars through all three games which eventually lead to confronting the Grand Master who could be a Roman Senator or something.

So yes, I believe a timeline of roughly 200-146BC would be good for this potential trilogy where Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome all co-existed at the same time and we see our new assassin progress and age through the three games just like Ezio. Also lots of potential for references to previous games like AC Brotherhood, certainly if Rome is going to be revisited.

What are you thoughts? Here's a link related to what Im talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDphc1xXwMo

ERICATHERINE
07-25-2016, 08:05 PM
Man, I should really stop researching Ancient Egypt and browsing through DeviantArt or I am going to explode if it is not true! The more I learn, the more perfect the setting and the stronger the case for a Assassin's Creed game set in Ancient Egypt, which would be much more awesome than a Assassin's Creed set in a more recent Egypt and I am going to make the case for it right here. Like always feel free to disagree with me... not, Ancient Egypt is the Egypt we need and want!

1.Weaponry and clothing:
http://pre01.deviantart.net/717c/th/pre/i/2014/196/a/1/assassin_s_creed_egypt_by_tetamonja-d7qs2d0.jpg
It just shows off how good Ancient Egyptian Assassins could look.
There were tons of cool weapons(bows, slings, spears, sickles, khopeshs, swords, daggers, clubs, maces, boomerangs, knives) in Ancient Egypt as I have stated in my last post and they are all looking very cool:
Khopesh:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/l5r/images/3/38/Khopesh.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130512133423
Daggers:
http://strangesounds.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/tutankhamun-dagger-meteorite-iron-extraterrestrial.jpg
Slings:
https://egyptmanchester.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/sling_shot_103.jpg
Sickles:
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BJ3WEN/ceremonial-sickle-ancient-egyptian-18th-dynasty-c1333-1324-bc-artist-BJ3WEN.jpg

But also the stye of clothing was vastly different from what we have seen in prvious games and shows off much more skin with possible outfits for our assassin looking like these:
http://orig04.deviantart.net/2079/f/2010/093/a/8/egyptian_assassin_by_leereex.jpg
http://pre00.deviantart.net/54b7/th/pre/f/2014/201/2/1/assassin_s_creed_amunet_1_by_yowan2008-d7rgmfq.jpg
http://pre15.deviantart.net/9ad5/th/pre/i/2015/262/8/d/ancient_egyptian_assassin_by_yannickdubeau-d9a57l1.jpghttp://img10.deviantart.net/0ac8/i/2014/198/9/f/numa_al_khamsin_by_flashnl-d7r3q1f.jpg

2.Environment & Wildlife:
In Ancient Egypt the environment was not as much of a desert as it is today and was much more lush and also had more wildlife variety because of it.
http://kaheel7.com/eng/images/stories/34(3).jpg
There is a plethora of wildlife that is maybe extinct or migrated away from Egypt, but could be possible to see in Ancient Egypt. This goes from cheetahs, mongooses and lynx over crocodiles, hippos and snakes to jackals, desert foxes, gazelles and many, many more.
Cobra:
https://isiopolis.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/egyptian-cobra.jpg
Caracal:
http://scoopempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Caracal.jpg
Hippos:
http://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/600x600p/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/117/86/87690308.jpg
Desert Foxes:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Fennec_Foxes.jpg

And also let us not forget the pyramids and its tombs!
http://www.egyptlandofeternity.com/images/abuSimbel/abuSimbel2011_03_28_091.jpg
http://www.destination360.com/africa/egypt/images/s/pyramids.jpg

Part 2 coming soon...

Now that I think about it. Wasn't the part two supposed to be coming soon? XD

marvelfannumber
07-25-2016, 10:46 PM
The problem I see with the trilogy part of the leak (mostly Rome, Greece would probably be just fine) is that Rome wouldn't really be that interesting or fun geographically/architecturally if we are indeed playing as the same character. I assume if the first game is set in Egypt it would be set at some point when Egypt was independent and not for example Roman Egypt.

However even if we stretch it as far as we can and say the protagonist is about say 25 years old when the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt falls to Rome in 30 BC and dies at 70 years old, Rome would still not be all that developed (both as a city and as an empire).

For example, if we were playing as the same character and the last game was in Rome, the map would look something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/H17R9dZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xzADRau.jpg

Which compared to Imperial Rome (say around 200 A.D, which is what most people think of when they hear "Ancient Rome") is quite plain and small:

http://i.imgur.com/4JUrKUq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZXKJG3J.jpg

Even if there were other cities than Rome in the game, they would have already used most of the noteworthy ones. The only other majot city I can think of in the Western Mediterrenean at the time would be Carthage.

RVSage
07-25-2016, 11:28 PM
I feel this is the opportunity for them to enter uncharted time in history. And simply go all blast on the creative side of things. They need not restrict themselves too much based on the need to represent actual historical elements of the time period

cawatrooper9
07-26-2016, 03:42 PM
If we were to get a trilogy, I'd prefer a more dynasty centered one than a single protagonist. The Kenway saga certainty had its flaws, but that formula could work really well, even over a longer period of time.

Imagine an initial game set in the Middle Kingdom. The next set in Greece with very much its own storyline, but whispers of Alexander's conquests and Ptolemaic Egypt abound. Then, the final game takes place much in Rome, but also visits Egypt again, this time under strict Roman occupation. It could be really bittersweet, growing and changing with Egypt and the Mediterranean.