PDA

View Full Version : Idea - ACSU "Expanshalone" release

raiogam
07-09-2016, 01:42 AM
from wikipedia
City of Villains
CoV was released in 2005 as an "expanshalone" release, or an expansion that did not require the original City of Heroes purchase to work (i.e. stand-alone). It offered five new character archetypes that were, at the time, exclusive to Villain characters, new maps, and began the first PvP Zones (versus the Arena, which were instanced maps made for PvP fighting) of the game. City of Villains also was playable with the same subscription fee that paid for City of Heroes access after buying City of Villains. The retail box included four CD-ROMs for installation current to Issue 6, one of four limited edition HeroClix figures of the game's villains, a poster of a map of the Rogue Isles, and a serial code that gave access to the game and one month of game play. Also included was a code for a 30-day trial for CoH, as both games were currently separate. Since 2008, after the NCSoft acquisition of the intellectual properties, owning either City of Heroes or City of Villains unlocked both titles at no additional cost.

"expanshalone" release, or an expansion that did not require the original

assassin's creed syndicate's expanshalone assassin's creed unity
assassin's creed unity's expanshalone assassin's creed syndicate

raiogam
07-09-2016, 01:46 AM
^above quote is a exenple of was an expansion rather than an "Expanshalone" and required the original game(s) to play.

agefox
07-09-2016, 03:26 AM
if u see it that way
but i think the two are very different
i am not talking about the graphics or that kind of stuff
i am talking about the game mechanics itself
although i think myself that many assassin's creed games should be considered spin-offs like rogue as spin-off or extension to AC black flag or liberation a AC III spin or extension for a lot of reasons
despite the differences but unity and syndicate are not that similar in my opinion
but there is simple fact that the last two games are very short in there own way and money collecting centered despite the lack of beauty and originalism like the first 6 games and iam not AC III fan by the way
the Ezio trilogy were richer and more complex than the last two parts and i feel better when playing them truly than any new part

so yeah if u r talking about quality here , i see your point