PDA

View Full Version : Alpha/beta us only ??

jackofett93
07-07-2016, 07:33 PM
I registerd the alpha/ beta but i cant receive rewards cause im from GB/UK does it mean i cant play the game either ?

MisterWillow
07-07-2016, 08:44 PM
As far as I know, the Alpha and Beta tests will be available to everyone. Can I get a mod to back me up?

FredEx919
07-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Hello Jackofett93,

The Join the battle rewards are limited in terms of location, but that is run separate from the upcoming alpha event which will be available outside of US locations.

Runic
07-08-2016, 12:42 AM
So you only miss out on part of the pre-release experiance, not all of it by living outside the US. I wish they would just open up the rewards system to everyone.

Dead1y-Derri
07-08-2016, 07:03 PM
So you only miss out on part of the pre-release experiance, not all of it by living outside the US. I wish they would just open up the rewards system to everyone.

Unfortunately at this time the rewards system is only available in the US. I do share your sadness though, I am from the UK.

Friguscorde
07-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Hello Jackofett93,

The Join the battle rewards are limited in terms of location, but that is run separate from the upcoming alpha event which will be available outside of US locations.

upcoming? does that mean an alpha event is soon?

AvarusTyrannus
07-08-2016, 08:32 PM
upcoming? does that mean an alpha event is soon?

"Soon"

MisterWillow
07-08-2016, 11:11 PM
"Soon"

"Very, very, very, soon"

Dead1y-Derri
07-09-2016, 11:43 AM
"Soon"

Could be next week, or 3 months down the line gotta love that word....soon.

Killerbrian26
07-10-2016, 01:04 AM
"Soon"

That's the thing about it though. Simply saying soon helps build up a LOT of hype for it. It keeps people on their toes, checking their email every day, waiting for that moment when they see that (hopefully) they've been accepted into the alpha.

yote224
07-10-2016, 09:26 PM
"Soon"

3 months makes it October.
October was the 3 day alpha.
Half life 3 con-... I mean anniversary date confirmed.

VodkaSlam
07-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Alpha is usually 3 to 4 months from release, while the beta is sometimes from 2 weeks to a month from release. Unless they do a "proper Alpha" an release it soon to work on gameplay mechanics with everyone and balancing. An Beta to work on connectivity issues. Games like The Division did a very lazy and clumsy release of the alphas and betas. They had no time to properly fix many bugs, gameplay issues, mission crashes, Extreme gun balancing needed, etc. An they were only weeks from each other.

So if they play it smart, it should be sometime either the end of July or by the end of Summer with 1 or 2 week long alpha. Gives everyone plenty of time to play and gather intel. Then they can work on For Honor a bit more, then months later, the Beta Releases. BUT! thats if they play it smart and not release a catastrophic failure like some other games Ubisoft released. Stay true to the graphics and gameplay, because the One most important thing everyone....and im talking about every body who play games hate the most....Is when you debut the game and everyone loves the way it plays at announcement but then release a piece of garbage that kinda looks like it. An that right there, is Fact.

"Fight for Good Gaming Brothers!"

Runic
07-12-2016, 10:14 PM
The Gears of War 4 beta was in April, but the game does not release till October. That's a bit more than 2 weeks to a month. I presume alpha will be whenever they feel the build is ready, as will the beta. I just hope the build is going well.

jackofett93
07-14-2016, 04:50 PM
I happy to play it or see new footage of it.
PS I'd rather play it lol :)

Runic
07-15-2016, 03:50 AM
I happy to play it or see new footage of it.
PS I'd rather play it lol :)

Totally agree. Looking forward to the stream tomorrow. Hope we get some new info.