PDA

View Full Version : What are all the classes?

Joe_Corleone
07-07-2016, 02:20 AM
I was going over what I think each class is. Some is confirmed some is my speculation and I wanna know what you guys think.

Legion-
Two handed longsword- confirmed
Mace and shield- confirmed
Halberd- seen but not confirmed
One handed Longsword and short sword- speculation

Warborn-
Two handed axe- confirmed
Dual hand axes- seen on original cover
Sword and shield- seen in screens
Spear- speculation

Chosen-

Long katana- confirmed
Katana- the oni used it so confirmed?
Samurai club- seen in E3 gameplay
Samurai pole arm - seen but not confirmed

I do know all the actual terms for the weapons I didn't use them in case people didn't know what I was saying. Anyways...these are what I think each class will be. What do you think?

MisterWillow
07-07-2016, 05:22 AM
Legion-
Two handed longsword- confirmed
Mace and shield- confirmed
Halberd- seen but not confirmed
One handed Longsword and short sword- speculation

Flail and Shield is all but confirmed (they even did a teaser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwL2wSL9FWs) featuring him), so him being 'confirmed' without being announced is fine, especially because he's been in the promotional artwork, including the new one released after E3.

Halberd is in the same boat as the samurai club listed below, in that, both were featured in campaign footage, and, more importantly, each given names---Lawbringer for halberd and Shugoki for samurai club (kanabo)---which strongly hints at them being playable Hero/classes in multiplayer.

I would like to know where the speculation for the one handed longsword and short sword comes from (unless it's just a personal idea. My thought is that he'll have a falchion, based on something I found last year (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1341664-Hero-class-shadows), but anything's poss

Warborn-
Two handed axe- confirmed
Dual hand axes- seen on original cover
Sword and shield- seen in screens
Spear- speculation

Sword and shield was the only confirmed Hero/class for the Vikings for a year on the main site, and has been in every piece of video released by the devs except the multiplayer walkthrough and the Knight campaign mission---yes, even the reveal stage demo (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1182932-Vikings-in-the-E3-Live-Demo?)---so I think it's safe to say he's confirmed.

Dual axes is also high on the list of suspected Hero/classes by me... but I only have sleuthing to go by, as they've confirmed nothing.

Spear and shield was a surprise to me when I saw her in the Viking mission. I thought the fourth Hero was going to have a club or warhammer. Maybe they decided to change that. Not sure how I feel about it.

Chosen-

Long katana- confirmed
Katana- the oni used it so confirmed?
Samurai club- seen in E3 gameplay

With you on the Oni/Orochi. Even if he kind of disappeared, he was still in the Viking mission.

Pole arm is iffy. Naginata was in the reveal trailer, but hasn't been seen since. Thought that was going to be what the kanabo class was and think the last Hero/class has a two section staff or farmer's flail (per the linked article above), so I don't know. I could be wrong, of course, and that could be the naginata class, though.

yote224
07-07-2016, 06:49 AM
Willow's link is worth the read and full of great information with sound reasoning, a bit long but it's probably one of the more "in depth" looks that you won't be able to find in videos or on the sites any more unless you've been closely following the game from 2015ish.

It's odd to me that the Oni/Orochi has kind of faded to the background. When everything was all swords it was my favorite and I hope it returns.

Personally I've been holding out for the Naginata but I have a hunch that it's not going to happen. I have a hunch (read: pulled out of a hat) that there will be some kind of overlapping exclusion between the factions... this is partly due to a post by HideoshiKaze who I feel is a trusted source of information and from looking at the suspected weapons list so take it with a grain of salt.

"Champion: Warden, Raider, Kensai (Playable in Campaign only and in MP).

Tank: Shugouki, Lawbringer (Not revealed third).

Assassin: Orochi (Not revealed two others)."

now if I overlap this with the linked post of prospective player characters we have
Chosen-
Champion: Kensai (two handed sword) Pretty spot on guess by willow
Tank:Sugouki (two handed heavy hitting club) Pretty spot on guess by willow
Assassin:Orochi (shorter two handed sword) Was playable in the first testing phase
Wildcard?: This stick with a swinging weight guy. Benefit of the doubt because of Willow's track record.

Legion-
Champion: Warden (two handed sword) Playable in first testing phase and single player campaign
Tank: Lawbringer (polearm) Pretty spot on guess by willow and also mentioned in E3's 2016 campaign; I believe it was said that he'll be outright playable. I'll link if I find it.
Assassin: Supposed 1-armed sword soldier, sticking him in the assassin class because hair is visible in the silhouette suggesting a lightly, if at all, armored head and it seems to me that the theme for assassins is light amounts of armor and a shorter variant of the Champion class's weapon. (One armed sword)
Wildcard?: We're all seeing this flail/shield combo soldier and that's what leads me to believe Willow on the Chosen's swingy-weight wildcard character. (flail/ shield) Benefit of the doubt guess.

Warborn-
Champion: Raider (two handed axe) Was playable in the Single Player Campaign
Tank:Larger 2 handed axe wielder (another two handed axe?Silhouette looks like a felling axe with a possible flat side?) We're just going to axe up all the vikings because why not. I'm feeling this will be switched to a hammer for the sake of variety and to form a pattern.
Assassin:Supposed dual wielding axe soldier (one handed axe, possibly two of them. Again, the pattern of 1 handed variants on the champion class) A silhouette guess from Willow, I think it might just be 1 weapon but the fact that it's in his left hand leads me to agree that he'll be a dual wielder.
Wildcard?: "Valkyria" (Spear and Shield) Seen in the Single player campaign as a fellow warborn hero.

So this exclusive overlap idea thing-ama-jig, follow me down the rabbit hole. Champions all using 2 handed weapons, assassins all using 1 handed variants of the champion class, tanks all using heavy hitting (potentially blunt) weapons. Wildcards doing their wildcard thing and being different.
1.Now, the chosen and legion have the weight-on-a-stick and the flail, the warborn do not.
2.The Legion and Warborn have shields, the chosen do not
3.The warborn and chosen (this is a stretch) have dual wielders. My guess is that the Oni will undergo some changes and use both a katana and wakazashi (just a hunch that they've changed his name to orochi, thinking Yamata No Orochi which is a multiheaded dragon type mythical creature, multiple heads = multiple weapons let's say) The legion do not.

I'm sure that jumps around a lot and welcome anyone who wants to destroy my reasoning, as I said this is all pulled out of a hat based on hunches and personal intuition from available resources. I make no claim that I'm right or anywhere close to being right and would be happy to discuss this guess further.

MisterWillow
07-07-2016, 08:14 AM
I'm sure that jumps around a lot and welcome anyone who wants to destroy my reasoning, as I said this is all pulled out of a hat based on hunches and personal intuition from available resources. I make no claim that I'm right or anywhere close to being right and would be happy to discuss this guess further.

Seems pretty accurate to me---or as accurate as speculation can be---with just a couple slight exceptions.

Tank:Larger 2 handed axe wielder (another two handed axe?Silhouette looks like a felling axe with a possible flat side?) We're just going to axe up all the vikings because why not. I'm feeling this will be switched to a hammer for the sake of variety and to form a pattern.

I seriously doubt they'll put in another Viking with a polearm. The silhouette, I believe, is the Raider---or rather, what's currently the Raider, since pre-E3, the Raider had a sword and shield. I believe very firmly that he's still a Hero/class. As I pointed out in my previous post, he's been in every bit of gameplay so far save two. He seems to be so functional that it amazes me we didn't see him instead of the Raider-with-a-Dane-axe at the reveal, and I highly doubt they'd scrap him, simply for all the work they appear to have put into him.

If the Valkyria is going to replace anyone, I think it will be the guy with the warhammer.

1.Now, the chosen and legion have the weight-on-a-stick and the flail, the warborn do not.

Could be wrong, but I don't think that will be the Warborn's detriment. I speculated over here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1464868-Online-teams-not-forced-by-a-faction?p=11794617&viewfull=1#post11794617) that they won't have a proper tank class.

Granting the fact we haven't seen all the classes, the Raider appears to be the Viking's heavy-hitter. I doubt the dual wielder will do as much raw damage, or be able to take as many hits, so unless the warhammer guy is the tank---which could be the case, but again, he might be replaced by the Valkyria, and she didn't look any more tanky than the Raider---I just don't think they'll have one.

This, of course, would have the trade-off of greater natural defense. When playing as the Raider---and, granted, the difficulty could have been toned down significantly---it felt like you could take moderately more damage than the Warden. It also helps that, as the Raider, you can pick up the other factions' tanks and carry them to the nearest environmental hazard. :D

My guess is that the Oni will undergo some changes and use both a katana and wakazashi (just a hunch that they've changed his name to orochi, thinking Yamata No Orochi which is a multiheaded dragon type mythical creature, multiple heads = multiple weapons let's say)

Also don't think this will happen. The Orochi was in the Viking mission, and it was hard enough getting an attack in as it is because he's so much faster. Giving him two swords would compound this to the point of frustration.

Going back to the differences, I think the way they'll make up for the Vikings' lack of a tank is by having that faction be the only one with a dual wielder. It's a similar situation with the Samurai's lack of a shield class; they give them a class with a heavy-hitting (if that is actually a farmer's flail) weapon with extra reach. I suspect, given what we can see of his outfit, that he'll be very quick, at least while moving and dodging, maybe even faster than the Orochi.

TrikRisk
07-07-2016, 10:41 AM
I was going over what I think each class is. Some is confirmed some is my speculation and I wanna know what you guys think.

Chosen-

Its a Nanigata, and you can see it on the left side of the forum background image. Its exiting the Samurai helmet. And by that, its basically confirmed