PDA

View Full Version : I'm Doing Something Wrong...

Eddol41
07-01-2016, 07:44 PM
I am new to Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag. My son gave this to me for Father's Day. I progressed to get my ship and sailed to the first island. I take 2 Ocelots and 2 Iguanas and the game saves. When I try to resume it flashes to the island for a brief moment and returns to the save screen. I bought a new AC4 game and it is doing the same thing. I needed a better Xbox to download HD games so I also bought a new 500GB Xbox 360. Both games are still doing the same. That narrows it down to me. Is anyone else having this problem?

SixKeys
07-01-2016, 09:29 PM
What do you mean by "return to the save screen"? There is no separate save screen in AC, only a small notification at the lower right corner to tell you the game is saving. Do you mean loading screen, perhaps? (the one with the blue Animus background)

Are you sure you've completed all the objectives in the mission? I think it's the one that teaches you about crafting, so once you've caught those animals, you're supposed to go to Crafting in the main menu and use the newly required items to craft a piece of armor.

ERICATHERINE
07-01-2016, 11:35 PM
You also have to craft the thing that lets you carry 2 pistols, instead of one. ^-^

Edit. Welcome to the forum. ^-^

Eddol41
07-04-2016, 05:04 PM
You also have to craft the thing that lets you carry 2 pistols, instead of one. ^-^

Edit. Welcome to the forum. ^-^

Thanks for the welcome Erica. Both provided the info I needed. I feel like an old fool for not reading it in full. I saw click a to continue rather than go into craft making. There was nothing there saying I had to before continuing.

ERICATHERINE
07-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Thanks

You're welcome. ^-^

cawatrooper9
07-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Yeah, kind of a fourth wall breaking moment.

When confused about what to do, check the objectives on the left side of the screen- usually that can clear things up.

Anyway, you're in for a treat- Black Flag is easily one of my favorite games in the series. Enjoy, and welcome to the forums!