PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] E3 2016 Masterclass

Ubi-Elyon
06-30-2016, 01:55 PM
Enjoy our Master Class sessions from the Ubisoft Lounge at E3 2016!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSJ81-1Gg2s

And don't forget to send your opinions in this thread :cool:

EDIT: Video updated with Q&A included :)

Rekalty
06-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Apart from the fact that I dislike cinematic trailers for games, that never look anything like the actual game... It was a pretty good video, posted on YouTube a week ago, dev commentary for the E3 penthouse footage, as well as answering a few new questions. Well worth a watch if you're hunting down new info about the game, and want to hear Jon trying to pronounce "Hack". There's just something about his accent! :D

Skip to 4:39 for the actual dev commentary of the gameplay footage, everything before then is just cinematic trailer and introductions.

Update: a longer version of this video was posted earlier today on the -other- Ubisoft YT channel, has a short Q&A at the end of the video, at around 36:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSJ81-1Gg2s

Dead1y-Derri
07-01-2016, 06:31 PM
I watched the Masterclass, looks awesome.

Rekalty
07-01-2016, 11:13 PM
I watched the Masterclass, looks awesome.
Yeah, I do like dev commentry stuff like this, I did notice stuff like deployables being on cooldown now, but it's still nice that he went into detail about the various things they showed in the gameplay video. Still would have wished for actual new information and not just effectively reposting stuff we've all seen before, but it's their pr campaign, they can run it as they see fit, nothing much we can do to change it. At least this time (if the release schedule holds this time around) they only have half a year to fill with pr/trailers/gameplay vids/Q&As, not two years, should make it a lot easier for both them and us.

Dead1y-Derri
07-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Does it make sense for deployables to be on a cooldown though?

I'm not sure if it does.

Rekalty
07-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Does it make sense for deployables to be on a cooldown though?

I'm not sure if it does.
It doesn't make sense from a "but I just used it, threw it away, how does it magically regenerate?!" standpoint, no. But from a "oh for the love of... I have to go back and buy mats from the store to craft new ones AGAIN?!" standpoint, I totally understand why they did it. Quality of life, letting players spend more time doing what they love and not forcing them to go out of their way to restock their deployables.

They're hardly aiming for realism, so I'm totally fine with this. I'm actually liking something they did... This is an unfamiliar feeling...