PDA

View Full Version : Expand the roster!

ZenBearV13
06-29-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm not calling out the developers, I'm simply asking the fans; what kind of classes would you like to play? I'm not talking about ones we necessarily expect to see in the game on release, or even ever. I just want to have fun speculating.

I would love to see a Fencer Knight. Light armor and a rapier/saber, quick movement and weapon but low defense and can't/struggles to block heavy attacks. I envision it like Griffith from Berserk. In fact I think it would be an awesome cosplay match to fight with a Warden and a Fencer together as Guts and Griffith.

I want to see a dual-wielding Samurai, like the famous Miyamoto Musashi. I don't have a theory on how dual wielding ought to be presented mechanically, but I'm sure it's extensively discussed.

What else?

Chaf--
06-29-2016, 11:47 AM
I would love to see a Fencer Knight. Light armor and a rapier/saber, quick movement and weapon but low defense and can't/struggles to block heavy attacks. I envision it like Griffith from Berserk. In fact I think it would be an awesome cosplay match to fight with a Warden and a Fencer together as Guts and Griffith.
I like you. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1465636-Class-Structure?p=11804157&viewfull=1#post11804157)

As a guy who have practiced fencing during 4 years, I wanna see a musketeer-like assassin hero for the Legion. With defense based on parries, more than on pure blocks.
If someone like this exists in FH, it would surely be my main.

yote224
06-29-2016, 12:36 PM
This is something that has been bugging me is how few characters we really know about. We can speculate until the grass turns blue (and I will be happy in doing so) but I'm chomping at the bit while crossing my fingers. I haven't cemented my support of a faction for this very reason and there are a few classes that would tip me over the edge.

The Chosen:
We all saw it in the trailer, the Naginata. I've been hoping and hoping for it to be revealed but after the Kanabo guy showed up in the Campaign I don't imagine I'll be getting what I truly want.

A Kusarigama would be awesome to see as well. I can see some interesting mechanics being thrown in to make it extremely unique.
Maybe even a war-fan would be interesting.

The Warborn:

I understand the art style is playing on Vikings being hulking monsters on the battlefield but I'm holding out for a fast dual wielding flurry of bloodlust and seax character.I'd even be happy with a psycho wielding a rock to bash his enemies into a puddle of former warrior.

I wasn't very pleased with the Dane-axe, I can sort of see why they make it a big slow heavy hitter but it looks like it's being swung like a sledgehammer and the push-pull mechanics of using both arms to articulate your weapon are what I feel should be played up (but I suppose everyone is expecting the giant axe cliche now a days, this is why I'm hoping for the Naginata still)

The Legion:

As many will say; the flail and shield combo.

A Messer would be awesome to see.

Poleaxe(looks like the Lawbringer has one, I forget)

AvarusTyrannus
06-30-2016, 02:09 AM
Number one on my list was a kanabo wielded by a chunky brute of a samurai, and the E3 reveal checked all those boxes.

Beyond that I think the Legion will get a shield and flail knight that I'm thinking will be more a support role. High defense and buff type feats making them better at holding a point or supporting rather than attack. Following that I'm a sucker for warhammers so a big two handed warhammer knight would be a plus.

For the Warborn if we get more than the shield/seax and buckler/spear then perhaps a two axe berserker type to overwhelm opponents with a flurry of blows.

Naginta would be my guess for a 4th Samurai class.

Killerbrian26
06-30-2016, 03:26 AM
This is something that has been bugging me is how few characters we really know about. We can speculate until the grass turns blue (and I will be happy in doing so) but I'm chomping at the bit while crossing my fingers. I haven't cemented my support of a faction for this very reason and there are a few classes that would tip me over the edge.

The Chosen:
We all saw it in the trailer, the Naginata. I've been hoping and hoping for it to be revealed but after the Kanabo guy showed up in the Campaign I don't imagine I'll be getting what I truly want.

A Kusarigama would be awesome to see as well. I can see some interesting mechanics being thrown in to make it extremely unique.
Maybe even a war-fan would be interesting.

The Warborn:

I understand the art style is playing on Vikings being hulking monsters on the battlefield but I'm holding out for a fast dual wielding flurry of bloodlust and seax character.I'd even be happy with a psycho wielding a rock to bash his enemies into a puddle of former warrior.

I wasn't very pleased with the Dane-axe, I can sort of see why they make it a big slow heavy hitter but it looks like it's being swung like a sledgehammer and the push-pull mechanics of using both arms to articulate your weapon are what I feel should be played up (but I suppose everyone is expecting the giant axe cliche now a days, this is why I'm hoping for the Naginata still)

The Legion:

As many will say; the flail and shield combo.

A Messer would be awesome to see.

Poleaxe(looks like the Lawbringer has one, I forget)

I think a neat idea for something the devs could do is pick one faction and oddball a class out of it, as an interesting way to add the kusarigama and dual wielding samurai. An example of what I have in my head is the vikings and the knights both get shields, but the samurai don't. The vikings and the samurai both get a character who dual wields, but the knights don't. The knights and samurai get a swinging weapon (kusarigama and flail) but the vikings don't. While I do believe this would be interesting, I would also like the mirroring classes to be different enough that they don't feel like carbon copies of each other, but 2 different classes that share some similarities. I think that if this done right, it would help differentiate the factions playstyles and means of combat, while also making it easy to swap between them without feeling the need to learn all their abilities.

yote224
06-30-2016, 03:44 AM
I had pondered a thought of having a unique class per faction but I think I like your idea of almost an overlapping exclusion trifecta deal going on there more.

waraidako
06-30-2016, 08:21 AM
I would love a saber warrior but that's an entirely different ballgame to the type of combat we have right now. Maybe in the future they'll do a 1600s sequel with pirates and redcoats and spaniards. Then you could have sabres, cutlasses, rapiers, boarding axes, etc. etc.

SteampunkJester
06-30-2016, 02:49 PM
I just want a Knight who can use a sword and shield (really hope the shield knight isn't restricted to only using a fail :( ).

Other than that I'd love to see a dual wielding samurai (only class I'd use from the samurai tbh as currently I'm not a fan of them). I also love the "oddball classes" suggestion that's above.

HitMan00
06-30-2016, 06:24 PM
Ninja class, Roman soliders, Gladiator,Apache,French Musketeer,Spartan, and the Persian Immortal classes. Any of those would be nice, but i would love to see the Ninja class.

Runic
06-30-2016, 06:51 PM
My love for you is like a truck, BERSERKER!