PDA

View Full Version : Minion Mode

Perkolator94
06-29-2016, 04:21 AM
So I had an idea for a multiplayer game mode. Basically it would be 3v3 with one player on each team being a hero character (Warden, Oni, etc.) and the other 2 players would be minion type characters. These player minions would have slightly more health and deal more damage than normal minions, but not as much as hero characters. These player minions also would not have skills, but in place of skills would have the ability to control groups of AI minions (such as follow, attack, defend). The player minions would also have full access to the art of battle system, with some exceptions such as grabs. I could see this mode being done either as a deathmatch sort of battle with the goal being to deplete a morale or troop count bar or alternatively as an objectives game. The capturing would be done by having more minions on the objective than the other team. If your side has at least 1 more minion than the other team, that point will slowly be captured by your team. The larger the minion gap, the faster the objective is captured. I thought of this idea because I wanted to see the minions being more involved in combat, what do you guys think?

Killerbrian26
06-30-2016, 05:34 PM
While I don't think playing as a minion would be particularly fun, maybe two of the players could be like the sergeants from the campaign, where they have less health than a normal hero, but still have the same basic functions.

Runic
06-30-2016, 07:03 PM
Maybe as a kill the commander mode. If the commander dies you lose the match. You would be tempted to have him up fromt as he is so powerful but there is a risk of him dieing and losing instantly.

MisterWillow
07-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Maybe as a kill the commander mode. If the commander dies you lose the match. You would be tempted to have him up fromt as he is so powerful but there is a risk of him dieing and losing instantly.

Yes. That would make for some tense matches.

Sir_Beefing
07-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Controlling the minions would be fun. Would defiantly be some thing i would play.