PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Hold Sneak to Toggle Hood

CCPEACE
06-29-2016, 03:26 AM
The gameplay for Assassin's Creed Syndicate is fantastic,and the visuals are beautiful. Though the one thing that bothers me is that holding the sneak button harbors no action, when it would have perfect use as a hood toggle. The character designs in this game look great, but it's frustrating to see a hooded figure walking casually in the upgrade screen while you are unable too in the open world. This toggle option offers a simple switch between brooding to casual, and a 1.5 second button press instead of a quick tap would make for a smooth transition between the two looks. It would be nice to see a toggle patched in the game for, however simple, it would expand the longevity of the game and bring us back just so we could look at those all to cool assassins.

adster01
06-30-2016, 12:27 AM
ubisoft wont even patch in multiple save slots so what chance do you have.................

flavorcountry19
06-30-2016, 04:16 AM
Agreed TC but sadly this has been a almost year long battle that has been ignored by Ubisoft for some reason. Its funny too, while games like "the witcher 3" are still getting patches and interface upgrades and DLC we cant get a simple button toggle. Even with a petition with 2,300+ people who have signed it they are still ignoring and disappointing their fan base.

Note: thats $138,000 dollars worth of fans right there just for a hood. Give us some respect ubisoft this is just sad.

Note note: i love syndicate and think its a great game.

cawatrooper9
06-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Note: thats $138,000 dollars worth of fans right there just for a hood. Give us some respect ubisoft this is just sad.

True, but I seriously doubt that all 2,300 fans would give up on the series for the simple toggle button. Some, sure (people are strangely sensitive about this issue) but I think most will learn to live with it.

flavorcountry19
07-01-2016, 12:53 AM
True, but I seriously doubt that all 2,300 fans would give up on the series for the simple toggle button. Some, sure (people are strangely sensitive about this issue) but I think most will learn to live with it.

No I don't think many of them will quit the series or anything! I'm more saying you got that much money from all of us and we are asking for a simple button toggle to have our hood up not crouched in return.

HDinHB
07-01-2016, 01:07 AM
It's easy to say that adding a hood toggle button is simple, but I bet it's not that simple to actually do it. I mean, even The Witcher 3 doesn't have a hood toggle button. I think your efforts would be better spent convincing Ubi to include this feature in future games than trying to get it patched into an old one.

flavorcountry19
07-01-2016, 01:15 AM
It's easy to say that adding a hood toggle button is simple, but I bet it's not that simple to actually do it. I mean, even The Witcher 3 doesn't have a hood toggle button. I think your efforts would be better spent convincing Ubi to include this feature in future games than trying to get it patched into an old one.

Ummmm why would witcher have a hood toggle? the only hood i know of came with the most recent DLC. And its not like the main character in the witcher is KNOWN for his hoods and their iconic purpose in the game.

cawatrooper9
07-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Ummmm why would witcher have a hood toggle? the only hood i know of came with the most recent DLC. And its not like the main character in the witcher is KNOWN for his hoods and their iconic purpose in the game.

I think the point is that Witcher 3 is so often used as an example of patches post release, but HD is pointing out that the circumstances are actually quite different and may not be a perfect analogy.

flavorcountry19
07-02-2016, 06:04 PM
I think the point is that Witcher 3 is so often used as an example of patches post release, but HD is pointing out that the circumstances are actually quite different and may not be a perfect analogy.

No not perfect, but it makes total sense. "Witcher 3" has added and changed content through patches and free DLC for over a year. They changed how your inventory is organized(patch), added new haircuts(DLC), quests(DLC), new kill animations(DLC), new movement controls(highly requested by fans and it was patched in)

These are all just small things that they added to make their game better then it already was. Things their fans asked for and took the time to fix or add in to make their game and reputation great.

Ubisoft could very easily patch or free DLC a button toggle for the hood. Sure it might take a day or even a week of someone's time but the praise they would get from their fans would be worth it.

Sesheenku
07-03-2016, 11:09 AM
No not perfect, but it makes total sense. "Witcher 3" has added and changed content through patches and free DLC for over a year. They changed how your inventory is organized(patch), added new haircuts(DLC), quests(DLC), new kill animations(DLC), new movement controls(highly requested by fans and it was patched in)

These are all just small things that they added to make their game better then it already was. Things their fans asked for and took the time to fix or add in to make their game and reputation great.

Ubisoft could very easily patch or free DLC a button toggle for the hood. Sure it might take a day or even a week of someone's time but the praise they would get from their fans would be worth it.

It really wouldn't though, the animations and the hood model/texture are already there and it's already mapped to a button.

They literally just need to slap it without the sneak function to another button.

The majority of the work is already done, an amateur could probably get in and make a mod for it within a few hours if they understood the basics.