PDA

View Full Version : Bow arrow or archery?

Homie G Dog
06-29-2016, 12:11 AM
Will there be bow arrows or long range attack?

BoldAlphawolf
06-29-2016, 01:12 AM
Will there be bow arrows or long range attack?

the only ranged attack's i have seen are the throwing star's from the oni the arrow storm. And catapult strike from the warden i dont think we will see a bow an arrow unless its an AI wielding it.

yote224
06-29-2016, 06:59 AM
The core gameplay has been built upon this directional combat/blocking mechanic they've labeled "The Art of Battle". This is pretty much what the entire game revolves around. There are games out there like Mount & Blade: Warband that offer a similar melee component with the main differences being that gameplay there isn't target oriented; meaning you don't lock on to your enemy, There is archery as well as a variety of throwing weapons, and also cavalry which has its own mechanics on top of those previously mentioned.

BoldAlphaWolf has covered all the "Ranged" combat that I can recall about the game and those are all feats characters unlock. The Arrow Storm and Catapult are Areas of Effect that you can place on the battlefield, the throwing knife is something you target your opponent with and throw at them specifically.

waraidako
06-29-2016, 08:49 AM
Jason has said there will be no bows or anything for players. That's an NPC thing.

ThisHermitGuy
06-29-2016, 05:45 PM
I hope there will never be ranged weapon. Look at Chivalry, epic duel...then some putts shoots an arrow in your or your enemy...

Plus Bows n crossbows would defeat the purpose of the game and its core mechanics...