PDA

View Full Version : Flail Knight

ZenBearV13
06-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Just speculating about how the class will fight. Watching Game of Thrones fights on YouTube and came across this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teUUiqo1Ky8) (SPOILER WARNING! If you haven't watched GoT this will reveal plot points) where a knight is using a flail. It seems to me that fast attacks are a bit difficult with one, and they use their shield as a weapon a lot. I wonder if the Flail Knight's quick attacks will be mostly shield strikes and its heavy attacks with the flail?

P.S. If you don't care about spoilers or have already seen GoT, watch all of B of T's fights. They're spectacularly visceral and, IMO, very realistic. You'll even see the Art of Battle in this clip here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mkQW1yEAc)

BoldAlphawolf
06-27-2016, 07:46 PM
If your curious to know how the flail knight will fight you should look up on the fighting style, jason vanderberge stated that all the moves are actually fighting techniques that real knight's, samurai, an viking's would have used, they wanted to make the combat as real as possible. i think that if you play a class that possess a shield you will be able to use it offensively and defensively simply because it was used that way maybe like a shield bash for a guard break?

MisterWillow
06-27-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm hoping the Flail Knight has a special ability to twirl the weight over his head. It would add something different to his tactics, in that you could see the attack coming, but without knowing precisely when and where. And since it's maintaining a centrifugal force, hitting with it could do some extra damage, for all the momentum that's created.

Say, you hold Heavy Attack down, he holds his shield out in front of him and raises the flail above his head and begins to spin it. It would take one or two full rotations to build up the speed necessary for a full-force strike, so it wouldn't be something you could spam. And his stamina would drain while doing it, so you couldn't hold it indefinitely. While in this stance, the shield could still be used to defend, and you could still tell which direction he's blocking, but maybe it isn't as pronounced as normal, so as the attacker it's slightly easier to feint, and as a defender, you'd need to pay extra attention.

ZenBearV13
06-27-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm hoping the Flail Knight has a special ability to twirl the weight over his head. It would add something different to his tactics, in that you could see the attack coming, but without knowing precisely when and where. And since it's maintaining a centrifugal force, hitting with it could do some extra damage, for all the momentum that's created.

Say, you hold Heavy Attack down, he holds his shield out in front of him and raises the flail above his head and begins to spin it. It would take one or two full rotations to build up the speed necessary for a full-force strike, so it wouldn't be something you could spam. And his stamina would drain while doing it, so you couldn't hold it indefinitely. While in this stance, the shield could still be used to defend, and you could still tell which direction he's blocking, but maybe it isn't as pronounced as normal, so as the attacker it's slightly easier to feint, and as a defender, you'd need to pay extra attention.

That is an awesome idea! Would love to see that implemented.

ThisHermitGuy
06-27-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm super excited for the flail, been waiting for a game with one beside chivalry....HYPE HYPE! :cool:

Sir_Beefing
06-28-2016, 01:15 AM

Really great idea! I can just picture a flail knight slowly moving towards his opponent with the flail over head :P