PDA

View Full Version : Why do you love For Honor?

ZenBearV13
06-27-2016, 08:24 AM
Discuss. If you chose Other, please elaborate.

I, for one, choose Gameplay.

I am in love with this game. It is everything I have ever dreamed of since the first time I ever conceived of a video game idea. I mean that literally. I have loved video games since the first time I ever played Starcraft on N64 and from that moment I began envisioning my own video game ideas. The first one I ever dreamed of and the one that I always thought about and worked on in my mind was a sword fighting game that put the sword in your hand and made it feel real. For Honor is that game.

I'm in it for the gameplay. The lore is just fluff to me. It's an excuse to put three great warrior traditions in the arena against one another. I love the lore, but I don't care enough about it to let that get in the way of any kind of fun I can have with this setting. I want to make up my own stories. I want my Knight of the Legion to be fighting alongside his forbidden love the Samurai of the Chosen and his best friend the Viking of the Warborn. I want freedom to play this game any way I see fit.

Pallbearer7
06-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Is it possible for me to vote on polls on the mobile site? I can't find any option and it makes me sad. Am I just missing something?

ZenBearV13
06-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Is it possible for me to vote on polls on the mobile site? I can't find any option and it makes me sad. Am I just missing something?

I can't even log in to the mobile site, and the poll doesn't show up for me at all. :mad:

MisterWillow
06-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Other.

They're equally important.

Eidard
06-27-2016, 08:53 PM
Knowing that this poll is made because of another post makes want to say that even though I do like For honor because of the gameplay primarly (I don't really give a **** about lore), I would prefer ranked to keep the factions NOT mixed.

Willaguy2010
06-27-2016, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately I'm on mobile so I can't cast a vote yet. But I love For Honor mainly because I've always thought what it would be like to have the mechanics that Star Wars Obi-Wan used in a multiplayer setting. Also there aren't many good Medieval Sword Fighting games out there right now, and For Honor seems be shaping up really nicely. Also fighting with swords imagining your Jon Snow is also fun.

ThisHermitGuy
06-27-2016, 09:26 PM
This is the game ive been hope and wishing for, im so excited!!

But the lore is just as important..books books books lol. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sir_Beefing
06-28-2016, 01:04 AM
Other.

They're equally important.

I agree.

Chaf--
06-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Gameplay. 100%.

Killerbrian26
06-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Mostly gameplay, as when I was younger, I had conceived a similar system to the art of battle, except for an open-world star wars game I wanted to happen. However, I do find the lore to be fascinating and am very intrigued by it..

Ureh
06-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Gameplay appealed to me first and foremost. I didn't know there was a story until the e3 2016 cinematic (then again, I don't follow For Honor closely enough). However if the story does a good job of setting everything up and tying it altogether, I think it could really enhance the feel of the combat, your character, and your adversaries. So instead of "Who'll get the most points and win the match?", it'll be "You are a great fighter. We both oppose Apollyon, but only one of us can survive."