PDA

View Full Version : Oleg , is this feasible

Bartsimpson-
07-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Would it be feasible to have f/b and p/f maps restricted with spacific/historical plane sets ie: be able to select any given map with a spacfic year span say 40-41 or 43-44 etc: with a realistic objective for more improved online 'simming' , just a commonsence recomendation because now with so many planes avilable in f/b and if some are added to p/f we have and will have unrealistic online servers with all planes avilabile-missed matched scenarios with no real objective which is starting to become 'arcadeish' in a way ultimatlay making f/b / p/f more of a game rather than a flight sim'[which it was designed] of which i'm sorry to say i'm starting not to enjoy - well online at least .

Hope you oleg or anyone reading don't take this as i whine but i think the integrity and prestige of f/b is begining to degenerate to some degree .

Thanks .

Bartman .

[This message was edited by Bartsimpson- on Sat July 10 2004 at 11:04 PM.]

Bartsimpson-
07-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Would it be feasible to have f/b and p/f maps restricted with spacific/historical plane sets ie: be able to select any given map with a spacfic year span say 40-41 or 43-44 etc: with a realistic objective for more improved online 'simming' , just a commonsence recomendation because now with so many planes avilable in f/b and if some are added to p/f we have and will have unrealistic online servers with all planes avilabile-missed matched scenarios with no real objective which is starting to become 'arcadeish' in a way ultimatlay making f/b / p/f more of a game rather than a flight sim'[which it was designed] of which i'm sorry to say i'm starting not to enjoy - well online at least .

Hope you oleg or anyone reading don't take this as i whine but i think the integrity and prestige of f/b is begining to degenerate to some degree .

Thanks .

Bartman .

[This message was edited by Bartsimpson- on Sat July 10 2004 at 11:04 PM.]

VW-IceFire
07-10-2004, 11:39 PM
I believe this is the responsibility of server admins. In some cases, this is respected.

The UK-Dedicated server for instance.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Bartsimpson-
07-10-2004, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I believe this is the responsibility of server admins. In some cases, this is respected.

The UK-Dedicated server for instance.

the 'integrity' of the server admin' to use a better word would be more appropriate i'm sure you'd agree in any case not all dedicated/historical servers are accessible if one has a high ping rate even though personally i do have a broardband connection .

Thanks for your reply .

Bartman .

http://www.deltaweb.co.uk/raflogo.jpg

LW_Icarus
07-11-2004, 08:00 AM
I dont believe imposing limits in the game would be the right solution. if you dont want to build maps then buy operation barbarossa or any one of the other mission packs,and they include period specific planesets.

if I wanna fly P-51d's against J8A's then that should be possible within the sim.

and from what Ive seen you cannot keep the whole room pleased anyway. people hate the KI's, people love the Ki's. so leave em in or take em out and someones upset either way. same goes for year-models.

I think historic battle "re-enactments" with severely limited aircraft is the way to go, myself. but as far as the sim goes it should have exactly the fexibility that it does.