PDA

View Full Version : A tip for newbie stick stirrers

Prangerman
06-20-2004, 04:13 PM
At a recent visit to the golf driving range, I wondered why I was slicing the ball so badly. I broke the elements of my swing down and found the problem. Similarly, I found that my shooting in AEP was worsening. I realised I was becoming a bit of a stick stirrer, yanking the joystick to get the nose pointing at the enemy aircraft. So I've gone back to basics and things have improved.

Still with me...? Here's the tip for newbies. When acquiring your target and manoeuvring to get into a firing position, imagine an invisible line running along your aircraft from the propeller spinner down the centre of the nose and over the middle of cockpit. When you see the aircraft you want to engage - and that is your call! - roll your plane left or right until the invisible line is pointing at the enemy aircraft BEFORE you ease back on the stick. This will of course become one movement in time, but if you always think of it as two you should quickly find yourself getting into better positions.

Hope this helps some of you.

Prangerman
06-20-2004, 04:13 PM
At a recent visit to the golf driving range, I wondered why I was slicing the ball so badly. I broke the elements of my swing down and found the problem. Similarly, I found that my shooting in AEP was worsening. I realised I was becoming a bit of a stick stirrer, yanking the joystick to get the nose pointing at the enemy aircraft. So I've gone back to basics and things have improved.

Still with me...? Here's the tip for newbies. When acquiring your target and manoeuvring to get into a firing position, imagine an invisible line running along your aircraft from the propeller spinner down the centre of the nose and over the middle of cockpit. When you see the aircraft you want to engage - and that is your call! - roll your plane left or right until the invisible line is pointing at the enemy aircraft BEFORE you ease back on the stick. This will of course become one movement in time, but if you always think of it as two you should quickly find yourself getting into better positions.

Hope this helps some of you.