PDA

View Full Version : Weapon balance in update 1.3

Natchai_Ubisoft
06-23-2016, 05:44 PM
Hello Agents,

The weapon Meta has been a huge topic of discussion within the community. Using statistical data and community feedback, we looked at what needed to be changed to help bring more variety to weapons. As the release of Update 1.3 inches towards us we want to share some more details with you.

AN UNBALANCED META

Selecting a strong weapon loadout is crucial to your overall effectiveness when dealing with enemies. Currently, this often revolves around the combination of an SMG with a Marksman Rifle, specifically the Aug/Vector paired with an M1A. With SMGs yielding the highest DPS at close range, and the Marksman Rifle’s power at long range, this pairing has become a staple in the current Meta. As the only two weapon families with unique bonuses, they are the most sought-after and used weapons. This has led to an unequal spread of weapon usage among players.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/weaponfamily_asset_255949.PNG

From this you can see that SMGs, Marksman Rifles, and Assault Rifles are the clear favorites, with LMGs and Shotguns very far behind. Assault Rifles have a higher optimal range with higher base headshot damage, making them still effective. However it’s clear that LMGs and Shotguns need some love.

Within the SMG weapon family, we have also seen a large disparity in weapons used.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/smgs_asset_255950.PNG

This difference stems from both availability and power. The AUG, Vector, and MP5 can be acquired through blueprints in the Dark Zone, making their availability much greater than others, which is one cause of the large difference. In addition, the AUG and Vector are simply the most powerful SMGs based on their stats. This is why this large descrepency exists.

To address the current domination of the SMGs and Marksman Rifles and bring a better balance between all the weapon families, we are going to make the following changes:

Add unique bonuses to each weapon family
Increase Shotgun damage output
Decrease the damage of the AUG and Vector
Make adjustments to the M1A
Introduce new weapons
Add the ability to reroll talents on weapons
Make changes to Special Ammo
Below we will detail exactly how we are going to achieve better weapon balance.

GIVING YOU MORE CHOICES

New Weapon Bonuses

Your choice of weapon has a huge impact on your playstyle. To bring more variety, we are adding unique bonuses to the weapon families that do not have them and changing the bonus on SMGs. The new bonuses are:

SMGs now have a crit hit damage bonus rather than crit hit chance. It is much harder to reach a higher critical hit chance now, and you will have to make more stat choices when selecting gear in order to take advantage of the new bonus.
LMGs receive a bonus that increases their damage to targets out of cover by about 25%. The design of LMGs is to force people into cover and control areas with their large magazine sizes.
Shotguns receive a stagger bonus against NPC. When shooting targets, you have a high chance of causing them to stumble and lose their balance. This will not affect other players, however. Shotguns are also receiving a buff to their base damage that scales with the weapon’s level and up to a maximum of 30%.
Assault Rifles receive a bonus to enemy armor damage. This allows Assault Rifles to be a powerful weapon in PVE situations.
No changes were made to the bonus on Marksman Rifles

Each bonus provides an impact in a variety of situations and playstyles. Additionally, bringing up the damage on Shotguns up allows them to reach a level that is more on par with other weapons while they are in their optimal range. These changes allow you to now select your weapon loadout around your preferred playstyle rather than their DPS value.

The AUG and Vector

It’s clear that the AUG and Vector are two of the most sought-after weapons in the game. With a higher max damage than Assault Rifles, this desire is understandable. To address their damage level we are making the following change:

Reduce the damage done by the AUG and Vector by 10%.

SMGs are meant to be close-quarter combat weapons that gain more from critical strikes and therefore rely on hitting the target with as many bullets as possible.

M1A

With the current Meta many players are using an M1A together with an SMG. Due to its power level and its usage level relative to other Marksman Rifles, we are making the following change:

Increase the minimum accuracy cap on the M1A. When you shoot consistently, the cross hair will grow to a much larger size than it previously did.

The change allows for a slower and more controlled playstyle that is better suited to how Marksman Rifles should be used.

New Weapons

With Underground we are also introducing a few new weapon types. Each one will have its own balancing relative to its weapon family as well as a unique talent. The new weapons and their talents are as following:

Named Shotgun: Showstopper (This is a fully automatic shotgun)
Showstopper: The emptier the clip, the better the accuracy.

Assault Rifle: G36
Focused: When no skills are on cooldown you weapon damage is increased by X%.

Marksman Rifle: SVD
Decisive: Killing a target will make your next shot with the weapon be an automatic critical hit.

SMG: PP-19
Hurried: Each critical hit reduces your next reload time with X% to a minimum of Y seconds.

Changes to Weapon Talents

Weapon talents are a crucial aspects of your weapon and often the deciding factor in making a weapon powerful or not. To make the process of finding weapons a bit less reliant on RNG, we are making it possible to recalibrate a talent on your weapon. In order to do so you have to collect a new currency called Weapon Kit that can be obtained through crafting, enemy drops, and crates in the Underground. Spend them in combination some Phoenix Credits at the Recalibration bench to be able to recalibrate a talent on your weapon. All talents can be recalibrated and it works in the same way gear rerolling does.

These changes allow you to adjust your weapon talents rather than forcing you to use a specific weapon type because of the talents it has on it.

Special Ammo

With a few new gear sets focused on consumables we’ve taken the opportunity to adjust them overall.

Explosive ammo provides a huge amount of burst damage that would very often be the deciding factor in a Dark Zone fight. While it should still provide a boost in damage, we are going to significantly reduce the burst damage that players are currently experiencing in Update 1.3. The ammo will now scale linearly with the damage of the bullet. If you hit for 10,000 damage, the explosion will do the same.

Similarly, we’ve also taken a look at Incendiary Bullets. Currently they set you on fire for a longer duration than Incendiary Grenades. With that, their duration has been reduced from a 10 seconds to 3 seconds. This change should better reflect their power.

All in all these changes should bring more playstyle options for you to choose from. Adjusting certain weapons, adding bonuses to all weapon families, introducing new weapons and talents, and allowing a weapon talent to be recalibrated will open doors to a large variety of new play styles and allow you to further customize your loadout.

Your feedback is invaluable to us. We can’t wait to see how you guys do with the new changes and what new weapon metas are formed. As always, make sure you keep the feedback coming!

- The Division Dev Team

BOT_Coyote
06-23-2016, 06:34 PM
While I am really glad to see these changes, I can clearly see the focus on symptoms, not the source of the issue.
I'm looking forward to see how the weapon category buffs will affect the meta, but it will hardly affect per-category balance, as there are many more things that need to be taken into consideration.

The best thing I can suggest is to make certain statistics dynamically scale with weapon mods and to establish balancing scheme across all weapons so certain weapons or weapon classes don't make other options irrelevant.

On the subject of SMGs, the most sought-after SMG now will most likely be MP7 that is remarkably rare while outclassing both Vector and AUG in terms of damage output.
I wish I had access to all the mechanics behind these guns (mostly spread values), but I can make certain suggestions instead.

Effective range has to be tied with firerate, weapons with high firerate are naturally bound to be effective up close, hence their recoil, accuracy and spread should prevent them from reliably engaging targets outside their effective range, that means weapons like:

MP7, SMG-9 and Vector are bound to have very short effective range, due to their firerate and/or damage.
MP5 should have better range than all of these, due to its lower damage profile, coupled with respectable firerate however.
T821 should have effective range and accuracy comparable to an assault rifle, thanks to its low firerate and average damage.

This way, MP7, SMG-9 and Vector outdamage MP5 and T821 up close, but as the range increases, so does their effective damage output.

Same should apply for every other weapon category, as e.g. in the case of ARs, both P416 and Mk16 are made close to irrelevant due to M4 variants (mainly LVOA-C) and AKs that offer much better output overall.

I really do suggest looking at BF4 CTE's spread changes that took place in the past.

Additionally, with the M1A nerf, people will only gravitate towards M44 and maybe SRS, the only way to salvage SCAR-H and Mks would be to either turn them into high-power ARs with great accuracy but even greater recoil or to greatly increase their spread decrease and ammo pools, so they can benefit from increased magazine sizes.

I also ask to take a look at these threads:
Rebalancing gear sets (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1464480-Rebalancing-Gear-sets?p=11791850#post11791850), in response to the latest State of the Game stream that caused quite an uproar and Balancing PvP in the Division (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1463006-Balancing-PvP-in-the-Division), an issue that has been present since the game's inception.

/shameless self promotion.

slobberydonkey
06-24-2016, 04:27 AM
So is the battle rifle coming without the talent distractive or is that a weapon and talent combo?

WoNDeR..
06-24-2016, 11:18 AM
If your goal is to kill the player base, you're doing one hell of a job at it. Congrats on that. Because it's working. I'm running into the same players everyday now. That's saying something. I used to be able to see different players with a 1 in a million chances of running into my friends or people I've seen before. I had really high hopes for this game but with every update, it's just making more and more people leave. Half my friends list doesn't even come online anymore.

The AUG and the Vector are the most used guns in the game because it's the only ones we can craft and the only ones that drop with decent talents. No kidding no one will use a Midas because the same talents always get rolled with that trash of a gun. I wouldn't mind using an MP7 but I can never find a good one. Nerfing the AUG and Vector is stupid. All this nerfing and not enough buffing on the weapons that are complete trash like the LMG. The only use for the LMG right now is suppressing the NPCs. I'm sick and tired of grinding for stuff and in the end, it gets nerfed. I worked so hard to finally get all 240s on 4 sentry pieces. Then that got nerfed to semi-automatic weapons. Then I worked on 3 strikers and 3 Sentry and now soon it will be useless. I'm sick and tired of this. If you want the other gear sets to be used, then make useful attributes on them. Lone Star is trash. Final Measure is only useful with 2 pieces. Who the hell uses Nomad these days when Scavenging is BROKEN and has been broken since the game started. Making someone bleed isn't a big deal when you can just pop a heal.

If you want other gears to be used, then make some of the stupid talents work in PVP and not just PVE

And I see all these nerfs but nothing towards a "Tank-tician". There is nothing that is armor piercing. I'm going to start considering that build since pretty much it's the only build worth running now. You nerfed explosive rounds and fire bullets which is great but now there's seriously nothing to stop a Tactician player. 4 piece tactician and 2 piece final measure and you're pretty much a God.

Good job ubisoft. Another game where the consumer gets screwed again and where everything at E3 will 99% of the time now be in the final piece of the game.

WoNDeR..
06-24-2016, 11:19 AM
where everything at E3 will 99% of the time now be in the final piece of the game.

*EDIT* will NOT BE in the final piece.

Raptor_Dino_5
06-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Why u all keep NERF that ...
NERF AUG . Vector , M1A ...:mad::mad:
NERF Sentry Call and Striker Set .. What the hell is this ..:mad::mad:
You suppose to balance it NOT NERF :mad::mad:
Management are start killing this game...
IS SUCKS !!

Raptor_Dino_5
06-24-2016, 01:23 PM
If your goal is to kill the player base, you're doing one hell of a job at it. Congrats on that. Because it's working. I'm running into the same players everyday now. That's saying something. I used to be able to see different players with a 1 in a million chances of running into my friends or people I've seen before. I had really high hopes for this game but with every update, it's just making more and more people leave. Half my friends list doesn't even come online anymore.

The AUG and the Vector are the most used guns in the game because it's the only ones we can craft and the only ones that drop with decent talents. No kidding no one will use a Midas because the same talents always get rolled with that trash of a gun. I wouldn't mind using an MP7 but I can never find a good one. Nerfing the AUG and Vector is stupid. All this nerfing and not enough buffing on the weapons that are complete trash like the LMG. The only use for the LMG right now is suppressing the NPCs. I'm sick and tired of grinding for stuff and in the end, it gets nerfed. I worked so hard to finally get all 240s on 4 sentry pieces. Then that got nerfed to semi-automatic weapons. Then I worked on 3 strikers and 3 Sentry and now soon it will be useless. I'm sick and tired of this. If you want the other gear sets to be used, then make useful attributes on them. Lone Star is trash. Final Measure is only useful with 2 pieces. Who the hell uses Nomad these days when Scavenging is BROKEN and has been broken since the game started. Making someone bleed isn't a big deal when you can just pop a heal.

If you want other gears to be used, then make some of the stupid talents work in PVP and not just PVE

And I see all these nerfs but nothing towards a "Tank-tician". There is nothing that is armor piercing. I'm going to start considering that build since pretty much it's the only build worth running now. You nerfed explosive rounds and fire bullets which is great but now there's seriously nothing to stop a Tactician player. 4 piece tactician and 2 piece final measure and you're pretty much a God.

Good job ubisoft. Another game where the consumer gets screwed again and where everything at E3 will 99% of the time now be in the final piece of the game.

They are start to killing this game!
This is not call BALANCE is NERF ... UBISOFT is SUCKS!:mad:

configuration_
06-24-2016, 02:15 PM

Good job ubisoft. Another game where the consumer gets screwed again and where everything at E3 will 99% of the time now be in the final piece of the game. 1+ on this. And i thinks almost everyone in The community is Thinking The same.

Hello Agents,

"The weapon Meta has been a huge topic of discussion within the community. Using statistical data and community feedback, we looked at what needed to be changed to help bring more variety to weapons. As the release of Update 1.3 inches towards us we want to share some more details with you."

"The AUG and Vector"

It’s clear that the AUG and Vector are two of the most sought-after weapons in the game. With a higher max damage than Assault Rifles, this desire is understandable. To address their damage level we are making the following change:

Reduce the damage done by the AUG and Vector by 10 %.

Your feedback is invaluable to us. We can’t wait to see how you guys do with the new changes and what new weapon metas are formed. As always, make sure you keep the feedback coming!

- The Division Dev Team

Okey, You cant Even stop lying in an post TO The community..

You guy's stated here that community feedback is invaluable to you and You have used it to make The changes in weapon balancing.

NO ONE in this community have EVER stated that The Vector and AUG where OP! This is entierly YOUR decision and then You guy's blame it on community feedback.

Same with The striker/sentry nerf. NO ONE except YOU guy's is saying it's OP.

You nerf these things because it's popular, what Kind of bs is that?
The only reason They Are popular is because there Are no other weapons and Gearsets thats worth having! Insteed of nerfing The only viable options thats in The game You should buff The ones thats actually useless!
The only thing You will accomplish with these nerfs is angry players that will leave The game.
You Are maiking it even Harder to kill an npc and players in DZ with these nerfs, AS They wherent hard enough before!

The only OP thing in this game as it stands now is The "Tank-Tician" builds, and by nerfing The only options that can take One down You Are making it Even more OP.

Get your heads out of eachothers asses and actually start to listen to The community and stop lying! Dont You understand that The only things You ever will accomplish with these Kind of changes is players leaving?

Haggis182
06-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Simple. Dont nurf things buff thoes that are lacking and create gear and weapons people will use. This way people dont feel cheated after spending days farming for gear to have it nurfed.

Stavros Flatery
06-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Whats the point in continuing playing this game when you keep fcuking it up with nerfs .
Relly wish i never bothered with the season pass as the game looked so promising ,Last time i pre-order a game with season pass included or a game even .
Just balance the game so when we're in the DZ everyone can compete with each other when players go rogue ,get rid of xp / dz funds lost on death that way it'll be so much fun and not a pain getting back your rank and dz credits .

Massive you need to start listening to the player base like bungie did ,game is so boring now as player above said same people in same server ganking every fcuker with lower gear and rank .

MJMester
06-24-2016, 09:50 PM

I completly agree.
I have still a Gearscore of 211-214, because i found only one pair of value 240 set item till 1.2, but dozend´s of LS Trash. I use an Aug 204, which has no predatory, but just feels right and wasn´t replaced by another value weapon that could be worth to wear. We found a really cool MP5, which i had given to my wife, but this is the point.
Instead of fixing the loottable to be rewarded everytime for spending your time in the game, whatever you like to do, you now going to nerf the pieces we were lucky to get?
You should really try to play your game for a while, not with an 4 Player OP Team, but with an average toon of your own. Try to get a value weapon or set in a decent amount of time. Try to level up a char to 30 after you have "balanced" the shotgun damage, it is at several points really frustrating.
When you still continue to frustrate your customer, you really should check your priority. Statistics could be missinterpretated when you lose the affinity to the game, by focusing only on numbers. As told in postings before by other users, you should make other items interesting, by given them cool stats, new ones, the possibility to switch off the auto-fireburst for example, when your really want to see ohter weapon types be used.
Droping the LS set in PvE at a 70-80% rate doesen´t imply that the userbase is changing to that gear, you reduce the value of this set by that trashdroprate.
Try to buff the sets, try to implementing the HE gear to a similar gearscore, to have more options of variation and please consider to get some stuff to the vendor for phoenix credits, for these who aren´t lucky to get a decent drop, but could achieve some for the phoenix credits for constantly work.
Make your game more rewarding to be played, regardless what you are doing. Don´t try to force people what should be fun and what not, we can consider this on our own, for real.

(engl. not mothertounge, please be patient while reading)

thedonclark
06-24-2016, 11:23 PM
here's what funny. i have 7 friends who all bought the division, i'm the only one who still has the game. The other 7 traded the game in and avoided buying the season pass. i haven't bought the season pass and this update to lower the damage to guns that i worked very hard to get has convinced me to avoid the season pass and and to trade the game in. Thank you ubisoft you lost 8 season passes because you don't know how to run your business.

HunteriaQ
06-25-2016, 02:24 AM
Thank you-The Division Dev Team

With ur information,I'm not confused anymore.I know what I want now.Uninstall The Division and go to OverWatch now with my friends.Hope all dont make a mistake if u guys want to buy Suckvision.Peace with potato !

P/s: Thank you-The Division Dev Team

thedonclark
06-25-2016, 02:35 PM
haha that's exactly what my friends did too

Stavros Flatery
06-25-2016, 04:00 PM
I got the season pass with game bundle ,wish i hadnt as it seams its just for SP mode of the game which i now find extremely boring .
Massive you need to listen to your player base not just decide what you want to be in the game as your dicisions are terrible .

bustin-ya
06-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Great, i'm a lvl 192 just recently.
Been playing from the start. I pve because i don't like being robbed in the dz. Almost impossible to lvl up solo. I play for fun, not to have to work.
I finally have an M1A and Vector and now your want to lower their gear power. AWESOME! I should be able to play competitively in another 3 months. Pfft. i give up.
This game is on the edge of folding. Such a shame, best pve i've played in ages. Super graphics. But once i reached lvl 30, Repetitive boredom. And yes i know there's some elite players
that are happy their the only one's left in the DZ. Enjoy! :(

Trrypod
06-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Seems to me that they are trying to drive the players away from this game. Once the numbers get low enough they can stop maintaining the servers and move on to other games, which I'm sure they already are. They already made their investors a lot of money with the sales not to mention the season passes and it's obvious they don't care about their customers. Good thing Legion comes out pretty soon....bye bye division.

RedGambitt
06-26-2016, 01:49 AM
All in all, I like most of the changes.
Reducing the effectiveness of special ammo sounds pretty good, since about 2/3 of PvP fights I have witnessed utilize it a lot to the point where whoever equips it usually wins.

Weapon talent recalibration is nice, since we need less RNG to determine our loadouts and finally adds some utility to Phoenix Credits.

The new weapons should be fun to mess around with, and adding unique talents to them is a cool idea.

I like how each weapon has a built-in bonus now, although I would've preferred to see the bonus for assault rifles and LMGs switched around.

However, there are a few things here that concern me. As Pvt_Terrence said, there seems to be a problem in focusing on the problems' symptoms and not their core issues.

For instance, increasing the M1A's reticule spread. While I agree that the M1A is powerful, the problem is that the other marksman rifles are inferior to the M1As in other ways. The SCAR-H archetype has about half the bullet damage and only 275 RPM compared to the M1A's 300. The M44s and SRS archetypes can have slightly higher bullet damage, but at one-sixth of the RPM and a smaller magazine size. Because of this, it's no wonder why the M1A gets a lot of attention. Changing the M1A's reticule spread won't change themarksman rifle meta too much in my opinion, unless these archetypes receive a slight buff.

Another thing I noticed is the nerfs to the AUG and Vector. It's been noted that they're highly popular SMGs, but as others have said, that's due to their crafting availability and the lack of drops regarding other SMG archetypes, in addition to their damage output. Perhaps if other SMGs were more available via blueprints, the charts could display different results, the SMG family could witness more variety, the changes to the AUG and Vector might have been different or not even necessary to begin with, and other SMGs could've received certain buffs or nerfs, depending on their power level.

Xarian7
06-26-2016, 08:12 AM
This hasn't gone down well now has it...

As someone who rarely pvp'd i'm not happy myself about a hit to my CC ammo, what was once useful, and reliable CC is soon to become just some fancy fx.. it's clear to see the dz crew has the end say in this pass... i hope it works out for them, because it's going to be another curve for PvE.

And i'll agree that the main reason for the current meta was availability, had we been able to craft and test the other weapons more readily the data wouldn't be skewed towards the things we could.
There's also the peer pressure, once a twitch/tuber starts idolizing a certain build then that spreads among the impressionable until your not "gud" unless you have set-x with guns to match.

We'll have to see how it pans out..

teeyske
06-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Hope all is well,..

I can definitely appreciate any company/entity that tries to appease their customer base by allowing feedback. I can even understand the concept of it literally being impossible to please everyone; it just can not be done! However I have seen some very interesting and fact-filled comments on not only this site/forum but others as well that make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if I can call myself a "gamer?" I hit the big 50 last year and have been playing video games since Atari. When playstation hit I've been playing ever since. I of course at 50 don't have the time to play as much as I'm sure my counterparts who have shared their opinions here and for the so many that don't even take the time to share theirs. There are people who play that I was playing before they were even born. Again I'm 50 with quite a few more responsibilities that out rank playing hours and hours of the division. I wish I could play more but obviously I can't. I do like the game very much, but yes is in a definite need to be "fixed."

With that I won't bore you anymore but will just leave one comment. As aforementioned there are quite a few things shared I feel the company should really take into consideration and truly "listen" to their fan base and buying customers. There was one comment I truly feel they need to look into and that's the PVP in the DZ. Please note I enjoy the rough tough missions, difficult farming and battles against the computer that appear to be more unfair then "levelled." Being able to "win" in any game becomes boring quickly so I enjoy the challenge in this game. However it was stated (and I agree) that the person who actually turns on their game should have the option of playing it however they choose; even in the DZ. It was said to allow for there to be an option where when signed into the DZ it can be chosen if rogues are apparent or not. Allow those who do nothing but rogue to go against the others who do nothing but rogue. Wouldn't that be truly challenging for those who want to rogue all the time? Have the other option be for those who just want to enjoy the already other challenging part of farming to loot what is needed and wanted to better ones situation against the already difficult computer who as stated many times 'can drop an agent with 1 bullet.' It's hard enough to farm and deal with that to add in a rogue agent 'sneaking up from behind' while you're in battle to kill you.

Understand if you're one that only likes to rogue, go for it and enjoy yourself. I have no negative feelings towards you at all. However go rogue in an area where you can still play the game how it's to be played but there are other rogues just like yourself. Again, isn't that what you want as a rogue, that type of challenge? So go into an arena where 99% of the time you'll run across one like yourself. For those who wouldn't mind a rogue fight (in which every now and then I don't but I NEVER rogue first, I just fight them off or try my best to retaliate), then allow them that opportunity.

So simply stated, when one signs onto DZ there should be an option of:
"Do you want to go into an arena where rogues may be apparent?"
Or,...
"Do you want to go into an arena where rogues aren't allowed and gaming is played how you choose it to be played?"

Would that really be all that difficult to do? This way everyone has an option of how they play that day. This way that person who only rogues truly gets an opportunity to see how 'good' of a rogue they are because if they sign into that arena they may run into everybody on that server that is a rogue. If nothing else I'm betting the complaints will lessen from those who really don't rogue but however may pick up from those that do; simply because I'm sure that arena would be a tad bit more difficult to tackle. Again though, isn't that the reason why people rogue, the challenge? Apologies, excuse the sarcasm, it was just there and available so I took the opportunity.

That's all I'm going to say about that,.....

DisavowedGR
06-26-2016, 10:17 PM
Hello Agents,

The weapon Meta has been a huge topic of discussion within the community. Using statistical data and community feedback, we looked at what needed to be changed to help bring more variety to weapons. As the release of Update 1.3 inches towards us we want to share some more details with you.

AN UNBALANCED META

Selecting a strong weapon loadout is crucial to your overall effectiveness when dealing with enemies. Currently, this often revolves around the combination of an SMG with a Marksman Rifle, specifically the Aug/Vector paired with an M1A. With SMGs yielding the highest DPS at close range, and the Marksman Rifle’s power at long range, this pairing has become a staple in the current Meta. As the only two weapon families with unique bonuses, they are the most sought-after and used weapons. This has led to an unequal spread of weapon usage among players.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/weaponfamily_asset_255949.PNG

From this you can see that SMGs, Marksman Rifles, and Assault Rifles are the clear favorites, with LMGs and Shotguns very far behind. Assault Rifles have a higher optimal range with higher base headshot damage, making them still effective. However it’s clear that LMGs and Shotguns need some love.

Within the SMG weapon family, we have also seen a large disparity in weapons used.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/smgs_asset_255950.PNG

This difference stems from both availability and power. The AUG, Vector, and MP5 can be acquired through blueprints in the Dark Zone, making their availability much greater than others, which is one cause of the large difference. In addition, the AUG and Vector are simply the most powerful SMGs based on their stats. This is why this large descrepency exists.

To address the current domination of the SMGs and Marksman Rifles and bring a better balance between all the weapon families, we are going to make the following changes:

Introduce new weapons

GIVING YOU MORE CHOICES

New Weapon Bonuses

Your choice of weapon has a huge impact on your playstyle. To bring more variety, we are adding unique bonuses to the weapon families that do not have them and changing the bonus on SMGs. The new bonuses are:

SMGs now have a crit hit damage bonus rather than crit hit chance. It is much harder to reach a higher critical hit chance now, and you will have to make more stat choices when selecting gear in order to take advantage of the new bonus.
LMGs receive a bonus that increases their damage to targets out of cover by about 25%. The design of LMGs is to force people into cover and control areas with their large magazine sizes.
Shotguns receive a stagger bonus against NPC. When shooting targets, you have a high chance of causing them to stumble and lose their balance. This will not affect other players, however. Shotguns are also receiving a buff to their base damage that scales with the weapon’s level and up to a maximum of 30%.
Assault Rifles receive a bonus to enemy armor damage. This allows Assault Rifles to be a powerful weapon in PVE situations.

Each bonus provides an impact in a variety of situations and playstyles. Additionally, bringing up the damage on Shotguns up allows them to reach a level that is more on par with other weapons while they are in their optimal range. These changes allow you to now select your weapon loadout around your preferred playstyle rather than their DPS value.

The AUG and Vector

SMGs are meant to be close-quarter combat weapons that gain more from critical strikes and therefore rely on hitting the target with as many bullets as possible.

M1A

With the current Meta many players are using an M1A together with an SMG. Due to its power level and its usage level relative to other Marksman Rifles, we are making the following change:

Increase the minimum accuracy cap on the M1A. When you shoot consistently, the cross hair will grow to a much larger size than it previously did.

The change allows for a slower and more controlled playstyle that is better suited to how Marksman Rifles should be used.

New Weapons

With Underground we are also introducing a few new weapon types. Each one will have its own balancing relative to its weapon family as well as a unique talent. The new weapons and their talents are as following:

Decisive: Killing a target will make your next shot with the weapon be an automatic critical hit.

Hurried: Each critical hit reduces your next reload time with X% to a minimum of Y seconds.

Weapon talents are a crucial aspects of your weapon and often the deciding factor in making a weapon powerful or not. To make the process of finding weapons a bit less reliant on RNG, we are making it possible to recalibrate a talent on your weapon. In order to do so you have to collect a new currency called Weapon Kit that can be obtained through crafting, enemy drops, and crates in the Underground. Spend them in combination some Phoenix Credits at the Recalibration bench to be able to recalibrate a talent on your weapon. All talents can be recalibrated and it works in the same way gear rerolling does.

These changes allow you to adjust your weapon talents rather than forcing you to use a specific weapon type because of the talents it has on it.

Special Ammo

With a few new gear sets focused on consumables we’ve taken the opportunity to adjust them overall.

Explosive ammo provides a huge amount of burst damage that would very often be the deciding factor in a Dark Zone fight. While it should still provide a boost in damage, we are going to significantly reduce the burst damage that players are currently experiencing in Update 1.3. The ammo will now scale linearly with the damage of the bullet. If you hit for 10,000 damage, the explosion will do the same.

Similarly, we’ve also taken a look at Incendiary Bullets. Currently they set you on fire for a longer duration than Incendiary Grenades. With that, their duration has been reduced from a 10 seconds to 3 seconds. This change should better reflect their power.

All in all these changes should bring more playstyle options for you to choose from. Adjusting certain weapons, adding bonuses to all weapon families, introducing new weapons and talents, and allowing a weapon talent to be recalibrated will open doors to a large variety of new play styles and allow you to further customize your loadout.

- The Division Dev Team

"No nerfs only buffs" they said
1)nerf M1A more
2)nerf SMG's AUG and Vectors
3)nerf sentry's and striker's.

Are there going to be another ninja nerfs like previous patch? like cap crit damage at 200%? maybe?

mickysc
06-27-2016, 12:44 AM
Hello Agents,

AN UNBALANCED META

Introduce new weapons

GIVING YOU MORE CHOICES

New Weapon Bonuses

The AUG and Vector

M1A

New Weapons

Special Ammo

- The Division Dev Team

so your idea of weapon balancing is not to look deeper into the problems you created but just nerf the s^^^t out of everything right?
when you guys gather and have your cappuccino have ever thought that smgs dominate because YOU made them that way? 25% crit chance? really?so what do you really expect from people to use?i really like playing with assault riffles but even with the perfect roll i can't beat an smg (fact)and like this is not enough, your "weapon balance" will keep the assault riffles in their current state which is pretty much useless. M1A is the sniper riffle that provides the best balance between fire rate and dmg per bullet (as i see it) that's why people are more towards it which is again because of YOU. if you want the marksman riffles to work "as they should be" make them actual marksman riffles. increase dmg and decrease fire rate.when i need a whole clip of headshots to take down a single guy then what's the point of using it?and how do u expect from people to get on your incursions? they are nothing more than npcs with lvl advantage that swarming you and need tons of dps to be taken down.

"Selecting a strong weapon loadout is crucial to your overall effectiveness".....really man?we can't sellect a strong weapon loadout because YOU have already chose for us.That's why everybody is running around with vectors augs and m1as. and your idea of fixing it is nerfing them so we can all have to choose between nerfed guns or useless ones.your shotguns are useless because it takes like 2-3 headshots to kill, depending your gearset and by that time well, you're dead.LMGs ? they are completely useless and crappy just like your new gearsets. really who thought of final meazure, hunter's faith etc?the only good thing he did with these gear sets is the names he gave to them.if you want to save your 2nd,3rd dlc do your job and give people the option of choosing loadouts with powerful weapons and gear sets that actually compliment them.

igggibuh1976
06-27-2016, 03:26 AM
Massive u fail and some basic understanding how this works....

U start of giving us (i wasent high lvl enough) to get the 204 aug blueprint and m1a in the begining.

you then give us "random" (yeah right) the vector.

sp OFFCOURSE people will go crazy about farming for materials and craft these items as its near impossible to get the desired weapon from a drop.

second and most important...

WHERE is the mp5 and mp7 204 blueprints ?

so to conclude people have made what YOU gave them so ofc thats how the statistics are rolled out, i cant even se this as any surprise at all...

btw dont get me started on the assault rifles...1 acr up for grasps.... no ak-74 and "randomly" a lvoa showed up ONE week before 1.3...

again, we use what u give us the option to craft so wake up

ULiano_III
06-27-2016, 05:30 AM
Loving the Shotgun buffs that are going to happen. I seem to be the only one using one when I am on a team.

ULiano_III
06-27-2016, 05:32 AM
Ya, you are correct. The reason for the AUG and Vector usage is because they were available and drop more frequently (in my case they do) so obviously a vast majority of players will have these guns. RNG wise I get more AUG and Vectors than any other SMGs.

Kirst2000a
06-27-2016, 05:44 AM
Rather than nerf the SMG's and M1A's why not improve the other guns? I bought the Historian because it is so stable and has great accuracy. Now you tell me after the fact that you are taking that away. The gun feels balanced as it is. For those who have fired high powered semi automatics (like a Browning 7mm mag or 300 mag) they are extremely smooth and really don't kick much at all (as compared to a 30-06 bolt action). In fact give us a BAR for a marksman rifle. It would do headshots that would insta kill a level 32 elite at 200 yards or more. Better yet give us a Barret 50 cal.

m1crobra1n
06-27-2016, 06:50 AM
Like the M1A cross hair wasnt wide enough.
So basically if you are in close combat with it you will miss the NPC even if he is closer then 1 meters from you cause your cross hair goes so wide that it curves around the bot when shoot him.

I like AR weapons but i dont use them cause they have not much of a damage done by bullet and there recoil is to high.
You can spray full clip of SMG and recoil dont change much. With AR your first 5 bullets maybe get to the target but all the rest will just be shot to the sky.

Dont nerf thing never. Make just 2 AR guns that dont have that big of recoil can can pack a bunch.
Same thing with every other weapon class. Buff some 2 weapons on them and make them accuarate.

Now i need to find my self a sniper that is not M1A cause it's ruined with the cross hair.
Now that AUG is nerfed the gun that is in other games assault rifle and not small machine gun and vector, there will be MP7 the most popular SMG to go with cause of higher RPM and damage per bullets is pretty same as aug and vector.

Thing is that every shooter game have there weapons that nobody use but none of these games nerf there good weapons just to force people use other weapons.
Yesterday i played with one friend and we hunted a man hunt team of 4 who just camped in one corner and didnt die what ever we did and others did they just didnt die.
They didnt even shoot back cause they were out of bullets. I tried both of the fire bullets and exploding bullets on them and even tried sticky bomb on them but nothing.

We managed to get one killed and others run off.

I dont have good stats cause i cant understand how to get DPS up so i have toughness and skill.
I have 230K DPS 320K toughness and 22K skill.

I want to get my DPS and toughness up while the skill would stay over 20K so the skills i use will make sense.
Lime useing a over heal and it heals to. With under 15K skill this over heal will fill only two pars.

n1ko.N
06-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Dear Ubi/Massive,
I have question you should answer yourself:
Question: Why people use AUG/Vector over other SMG's?
My answer: Only AUG and Vector have been available since 1.1 in DZ as GS204 blueprint! If we could craft MP5/7 GS204 the % of usage would be similar.

Mafciej
06-27-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm looking at forums, patch notes and talk with friends and i must agree with most of ppl that ubi/massive are killing (or already killed) this game. Sorry but i dont have a clue what kind of ppl working in your studios. I cant say nothing good about this ppl. Totally lack o imagination and programming skills.

U are keep making stupid updates. I think u doing them just to make some so no one cant say u doing nothing to improve the game. Like making scavenging useless, adding 163 drop from all dz zones than changing it but forgetting about chests, giving 100% gold divison tech drop but there is nothing to spend it for and u keep seeing whole map in gold dots. Now set nerfs adding 5th pice bonus that totally kick this set out of games. About programming skills u cant even add more space to chests because it will break whole game its just OMG !!!

In first days u earned lots of money, but instead of investing them to hire better ppl u just wasted it for ppl without imagination and skills and u ruined the game and your future earnings. Some ppl saying that we should have positive feedback to not demotivate u but true is that we cant have positive feedback seeing what u doing.

Start Thinking so maybe u will save the game. START THINKING Ubi/massie.

Hutchgt
06-27-2016, 04:55 PM
Just balance the game so when we're in the DZ everyone can compete with each other when players go rogue ,get rid of xp / dz funds lost on death that way it'll be so much fun and not a pain getting back your rank and dz credits .

Massive you need to start listening to the player base like bungie did ,game is so boring now as player above said same people in same server ganking every fcuker with lower gear and rank .

I agree here, balance the dz or get rid of the Rogues completely, give us a way to spend or convert the massive amounts of credits everyone has. We dont need to lose dz funds, xp or the dz keys upon death, losing a rank is enough.

steeliXS
06-27-2016, 05:24 PM
I rarely use Assault Rifles due to the ridiculous recoil, the LMGs don't get used due to the lack of damage, poor accuracy and recoil. Even though almost all combat is CQC, shotguns are pointless in PvE never mind PvP (unless you're an NPC shotgun sniper) due to the low fire rate and high HP of high level enemy npc (bullet sponges).

Therefore, SMG have high use due to better recoil control and high damage output in CQC, M1A high damage etc for headshotting NPC etc.

Surnumanaja69
06-27-2016, 06:14 PM
I approve these changes.

GEIST_33
06-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Video game weapon balancing always ends in disaster, it's a desperation move. DON'T change weapon performance/statistics to force them into specific roles, that's absurd. The type of ammunition should determine about 95% of a weapon's attributes. There may be minor differences in accuracy, ROF, stability, etc. Unless the design is drastically different, say a bullpup.

I realize this isn't a SIM, but the easiest way to rate and balance weapons is to make them as close to their real world counterpart as possible. Much easier than trying to tweak something because nobody uses it. Maybe people just don't like it. You should also look at the usage of these weapons in real world situations. Shotguns are primarily only used for breaching doors, only one or two squad members carry an SMG (roughly 1 in 10), same with sniper rifles. The biggest flaw in this game is that SMG's are more stable and accurate than assault rifles, this should be completely flipped.

CannyJack
06-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Video game weapon balancing always ends in disaster, it's a desperation move. DON'T change weapon performance/statistics to force them into specific roles, that's absurd. The type of ammunition should determine about 95% of a weapon's attributes. There may be minor differences in accuracy, ROF, stability, etc. Unless the design is drastically different, say a bullpup.

I realize this isn't a SIM, but the easiest way to rate and balance weapons is to make them as close to their real world counterpart as possible. Much easier than trying to tweak something because nobody uses it. Maybe people just don't like it. You should also look at the usage of these weapons in real world situations. Shotguns are primarily only used for breaching doors, only one or two squad members carry an SMG (roughly 1 in 10), same with sniper rifles. The biggest flaw in this game is that SMG's are more stable and accurate than assault rifles, this should be completely flipped.

In the engagements in this game, there should be no reason to choose an SMG over an AR. You're not confined to extremely tight quarters, you're fighting armored opponents, and you're not engaging in hostage rescues where you want easily controlled low-recoil weapons to keep your shots dead-precise. You don't want pistol rounds, you want rifle rounds for these fights. However, the devs flipped the equation to make SMGs the best weapon for almost all applications.

xTheCripplerx
06-27-2016, 10:59 PM
I got a feeling devs ware nerf when they were young you see devs ware smarter back then but ther moma was angry bicos they were to smart so moma nerf them instead so sad now all that anger from devs goes to the game

N.erdbeer
06-28-2016, 06:02 AM
I got a feeling devs ware nerf when they were young you see devs ware smarter back then but ther moma was angry bicos they were to smart so moma nerf them instead so sad now all that anger from devs goes to the game

Apparently the anger of entitled users goes to the forum.

prkchps330
06-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Hope all is well,..

I can definitely appreciate any company/entity that tries to appease their customer base by allowing feedback. I can even understand the concept of it literally being impossible to please everyone; it just can not be done! However I have seen some very interesting and fact-filled comments on not only this site/forum but others as well that make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if I can call myself a "gamer?" I hit the big 50 last year and have been playing video games since Atari. When playstation hit I've been playing ever since. I of course at 50 don't have the time to play as much as I'm sure my counterparts who have shared their opinions here and for the so many that don't even take the time to share theirs. There are people who play that I was playing before they were even born. Again I'm 50 with quite a few more responsibilities that out rank playing hours and hours of the division. I wish I could play more but obviously I can't. I do like the game very much, but yes is in a definite need to be "fixed."

With that I won't bore you anymore but will just leave one comment. As aforementioned there are quite a few things shared I feel the company should really take into consideration and truly "listen" to their fan base and buying customers. There was one comment I truly feel they need to look into and that's the PVP in the DZ. Please note I enjoy the rough tough missions, difficult farming and battles against the computer that appear to be more unfair then "levelled." Being able to "win" in any game becomes boring quickly so I enjoy the challenge in this game. However it was stated (and I agree) that the person who actually turns on their game should have the option of playing it however they choose; even in the DZ. It was said to allow for there to be an option where when signed into the DZ it can be chosen if rogues are apparent or not. Allow those who do nothing but rogue to go against the others who do nothing but rogue. Wouldn't that be truly challenging for those who want to rogue all the time? Have the other option be for those who just want to enjoy the already other challenging part of farming to loot what is needed and wanted to better ones situation against the already difficult computer who as stated many times 'can drop an agent with 1 bullet.' It's hard enough to farm and deal with that to add in a rogue agent 'sneaking up from behind' while you're in battle to kill you.

Understand if you're one that only likes to rogue, go for it and enjoy yourself. I have no negative feelings towards you at all. However go rogue in an area where you can still play the game how it's to be played but there are other rogues just like yourself. Again, isn't that what you want as a rogue, that type of challenge? So go into an arena where 99% of the time you'll run across one like yourself. For those who wouldn't mind a rogue fight (in which every now and then I don't but I NEVER rogue first, I just fight them off or try my best to retaliate), then allow them that opportunity.

So simply stated, when one signs onto DZ there should be an option of:
"Do you want to go into an arena where rogues may be apparent?"
Or,...
"Do you want to go into an arena where rogues aren't allowed and gaming is played how you choose it to be played?"

Would that really be all that difficult to do? This way everyone has an option of how they play that day. This way that person who only rogues truly gets an opportunity to see how 'good' of a rogue they are because if they sign into that arena they may run into everybody on that server that is a rogue. If nothing else I'm betting the complaints will lessen from those who really don't rogue but however may pick up from those that do; simply because I'm sure that arena would be a tad bit more difficult to tackle. Again though, isn't that the reason why people rogue, the challenge? Apologies, excuse the sarcasm, it was just there and available so I took the opportunity.

That's all I'm going to say about that,.....

The ENTIRE point of the DZ is the rogue system. The system you are referring to is called "being outside the DZ" and is available to you at all times.

I understand it sucks to fight people who are geared out in high-ends (HVT glitch abusers) that ubisoft than rewarded them with locking all other players out of gold and leaving us with 4 packs of rogues with 18k DPS and 35k toughness while we have good purples at 11k dps and 22k toughness(lvl14 DZ).
If you expect ubi to fix it, i suggest you play another game. Those players that abused the glitch get to keep em. Balance doesnt seem to be the list. It seems more like ubi wants us to grind forever.
Grind for the best guns for a few weeks. They will get nerfed and send you back to the grind. It seems they are taking a page from Blizzard on this one. Players may complain about grinding, but give them a reeason to look forward to new bling, and tbey start slaughtering npcs by the thousands.
Is ubi focused on keeping 100% of the player base, NOPE! Why would they, they only need a large enough base to remain profitable. They can probably donit without us whiners that want a fair and balanced game in PVP at the level we choose to PVP.

The fact is there are enough players who will tolerate these changes and nerfs and also keep shelling out dough that ubi diesnt have to listen to all of us, just the demographic that keeps the puchases going.

AD3ATH666
06-28-2016, 02:32 PM
come on UBI! why cant you just fix the game!? why is it every time I log in, I have to deal with a glitch of a bug of some sort? you'll fix one bug to create another.. Now a patch for a hot fix for some reason.
Maybe some hackers made it in, probably should look for a internal leak! hackers leave back doors, you wrote the program with a leak! Fix your leak! Seriously!
Then after you fix the game, then do you upgrades, because I'm not buying your season pass until it's fixed. I've already spent 60$ on this game with bugs. And I participated in the beta, and still it has bugs.

I also have a few views on fixing these other issues, Understandably this game was created for a 4 man squad, well how about fixing this so a single player can try it.. Just saying some people don't have 3 other friends that have this game! And some don't care to play with others, because of immature bs! So those people can not do Incursions or a challenging mode mission!! (That's serious BS!) - Also under that same breath, the Dark Zone! How about a internal box of the DZ just for PVP! You Know for all the a$shats that have the good stuff! So a guy can Step into the DZ without a bunch of idiots killing him at the door. It's not rocket science, step the pvp area of the DZ in 1 freaking block, so the rest of the world can even just look at the DZ without some idiot, or idiots killing him for no a damn reason except for the kill.. fun?! NOT! fix it! seriously! laugh it off, but I'm serious! this is going to kill your game, you need to make it more friendly for people, whom just want to simply play alone, or just one other friend. Besides that have you even fixed the 4th person glitch, where they are a ghost to other players for a unfair advantage? I mean really!

Kissala
06-28-2016, 08:58 PM

Biggest flaw SMG vs Assault rifles is dmg. Real world .223 round from assault rifle has 3 times more energy (dmg) compared to 9mm round from average SMG and twice the energy of 45 ACP. In my experience stability of SMG is much better compared to assault rifle in automatic mode(due to much less recoil), while longer range accuracy is not but then you would not use full auto anyway. SMG´s have been practically dying from military use, since assault rifle does almost everything better, but it would be a little dull in a game if we would all use the same type of weapons.

I have not yet seen assault rifle with about 30m optimal range, and my SIG 551 just did nice holes (to paper though) from 300m, so there goes realism.

prkchps330
06-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Wow, that nerf hurt.
My AUG down to 6.9k dps from 10.9k, tbat really hurts.
I have an m812 that isnt bad so im too butthurt but I though vectors and AUG would at least be useable after balancing.
Also the combat medic fix (i didnt know that was a bug) makes the talent from one of my favorites to one of the the ones i wont use.
Overall the new guns seem neat but i havnt been dropped any yet. I can tell you for sure theyll be better than my AUG :)

I bought a season pass so they got my cash already......

JLT1963
06-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Ubisoft/massive. You better listen to these people!!! The only thing you seem to be successful at is trashing (what could have been) a great game!!! It's taken me this long to get 4 good striker and now I'm screwed!!!

You may have already made your money on this game, but you can rest assure, it will be the last one I (and 1000's of others) will buy from you. You don't have to be a cashier at Walmart, to figure out what this game needs that would even bring folks back!!! GET your head out of your butt cheeks!!!!

mijunior
07-03-2016, 04:07 PM

Well said. The game is one big failure. The incursion is a haven for fraudsters, but it does not solve. Rather devalues me honestly acquired sentry gear set. Shame on you Massive

mijunior
07-03-2016, 04:32 PM
All in all, I like most of the changes.
Reducing the effectiveness of special ammo sounds pretty good, since about 2/3 of PvP fights I have witnessed utilize it a lot to the point where whoever equips it usually wins.

Weapon talent recalibration is nice, since we need less RNG to determine our loadouts and finally adds some utility to Phoenix Credits.

The new weapons should be fun to mess around with, and adding unique talents to them is a cool idea.

I like how each weapon has a built-in bonus now, although I would've preferred to see the bonus for assault rifles and LMGs switched around.

However, there are a few things here that concern me. As Pvt_Terrence said, there seems to be a problem in focusing on the problems' symptoms and not their core issues.

For instance, increasing the M1A's reticule spread. While I agree that the M1A is powerful, the problem is that the other marksman rifles are inferior to the M1As in other ways. The SCAR-H archetype has about half the bullet damage and only 275 RPM compared to the M1A's 300. The M44s and SRS archetypes can have slightly higher bullet damage, but at one-sixth of the RPM and a smaller magazine size. Because of this, it's no wonder why the M1A gets a lot of attention. Changing the M1A's reticule spread won't change themarksman rifle meta too much in my opinion, unless these archetypes receive a slight buff.

Another thing I noticed is the nerfs to the AUG and Vector. It's been noted that they're highly popular SMGs, but as others have said, that's due to their crafting availability and the lack of drops regarding other SMG archetypes, in addition to their damage output. Perhaps if other SMGs were more available via blueprints, the charts could display different results, the SMG family could witness more variety, the changes to the AUG and Vector might have been different or not even necessary to begin with, and other SMGs could've received certain buffs or nerfs, depending on their power level.

Yes!
M1A, Vector, AUG was not very good, but other weapons were wrong because the player is not seeking.Categories LMG has been dead since the beginning. Low damage low cadence,utterly useless.

MonsterOfMyOwn
07-03-2016, 09:24 PM
I started a new toon and I was quite disappointed because when you start playing you don't have any ose for the critical damage of the SMG beside "pulse" skill.

IMHO a fixed low CHC would be welcome (3%~5%)

Desolator_X
07-03-2016, 10:19 PM
I started a new toon and I was quite disappointed because when you start playing you don't have any ose for the critical damage of the SMG beside "pulse" skill.

IMHO a fixed low CHC would be welcome (3%~5%)

run pulse, or don't care about it, at low level you rip through enemies anyway

Aiden_Warren
07-04-2016, 02:19 AM
So...... No balancing of the NPCs Shotgun long range damage? ....... lol kidding, devs has adjusted it xD

MonsterOfMyOwn
07-04-2016, 08:47 AM
run pulse, or don't care about it, at low level you rip through enemies anyway

I didn't say that it was unplayable, Ijust say that it's disappointing. Another solution could be to have a base of 1% CHC, so that SMG special attribute would still be useful when levelling your toon.

D0MFTW
07-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Will pistol's/magnum's receive a unique bonus in the future?

Winslow-the-Dog
07-07-2016, 02:11 AM
Natchai, I've been really hard on you the past few days so if you had no interest in reading this post, I'd actually understand.

That said let me give you a non-confrontational explanation of where I'm at and how this last update has affected my gameplay and enjoyment.

I've had very little luck with the RNG in this game. Yeah I know, boo hoo it is what it is and I'm not alone. Despite that I was lucky enough to have a Caduceus drop for me and as a result concentrated on a balanced build utilizing a reasonably high skill power level of 30-35K.

Without any decent drops, I augmented this with a 182 AUG and a 204 Gunslinger holster bought from the BoO. More grinding allowed me to pick up 214 blueprints for masks and pads.

The net result of this was stats of 160K DPS Primary (AUG), 151K DPS Secondary (Caduceus), 168K Toughness (from a 240 Lone Star vest) and 30K Skill Power. This was accomplished with two striker pieces and two sentry pieces allowing me one bonus from each set. I swapped in another Lone Star piece at restocks to give me 1600-1700 ammo on both Primary and Secondary.

It was a lousy build but it allowed me some variety with skills which allowed me to do all missions solo on hard and to hold my own in challenging as part of a team offering healing, smart cover and cc support. In short it allowed me to utilize all of the existing game including daily HVTs on solo but it wasn't enough to hold off rogues in the DZ.

Last night I was forced to update to 1.3. My DPS on both my primary and my secondary drops to 130K. I knew the AUG was being nerfed, but I thought whatever, I still have the Caduceus right? Wrong, you nerf BOTH striker and sentry cutting damage output on every weapon (reducing my First Wave M1A base damage by 5K). Not only that but old weapons get none of the new weapon buffs so the Caduceus in addition to getting castrated has no additional armour damage.

Result, with the new higher level AI on the S&D missions, I'm having a hard time not getting wasted just gathering intel never mind going after HVTs. I'm worse off going into the DZ than I was before and I tried a challenging mission last night (Russian Consolate) and got wasted. And it's not just me. at +200GS, I'm getting kicked from groups on challenging missions that are all +210 and +220GS which says something about the minimum gear scores needed to now complete missions.

I couldn't effectively level up before and I sure as hell have no chance now.

Please, I'm just trying to understand. The changes are global so you have done nothing to reduce the imbalance between high geared and lower geared players. At 130K DPS I get slaughtered by someone running 175K DPS just the same as I did when I was running 160K to their 200+ DPS. All you have now done is to ensure I have insufficient DPS in the PvE arena to go after more gear.

Why would you do that? I've said before that I'm done but I held on to the vague notion that I'd be able to continue to enjoy what was left of the game at Patch 1.2 and that it was just pointless trying to progress further or purchase the DLC. Now you have effectively made it impossible to play what's left.

Again, why?

faust_420
07-07-2016, 08:45 AM
While everyone first complains about the changes i think something had to be done to get rif of those aug/vector people. Literally everyone was running it. It took me about 2-3 days to grind some new stuff. Play underground / levelup / get your 229 weapon (maybe switch vector for the bugged g36 ;)).

All in all people always complain after changes - same has been going on in games like diablo. How often did i have to switch builds because a skill was nerfed/buffed? Part of the game - get over it or get out.

Dope_boy26
07-07-2016, 08:51 AM
While everyone first complains about the changes i think something had to be done to get rif of those aug/vector people. Literally everyone was running it. It took me about 2-3 days to grind some new stuff. Play underground / levelup / get your 229 weapon (maybe switch vector for the bugged g36 ;)).

All in all people always complain after changes - same has been going on in games like diablo. How often did i have to switch builds because a skill was nerfed/buffed? Part of the game - get over it or get out.

I agree.

Winslow-the-Dog
07-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Part of the game - get over it or get out.

Yes, apparently 80-90% of the player base have already done that - got out I mean, and in under six months. Obviously Massive/Ubisoft are onto a cracking business plan here and aren't you just helping them along with it.

Dope_boy26
07-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Yes, apparently 80-90% of the player base have already done that - got out I mean, and in under six months. Obviously Massive/Ubisoft are onto a cracking business plan here and aren't you just helping them along with it.

"Apparently" so this is a speculation or actually confirmed?

Some Old Trees
07-07-2016, 02:35 PM
I was so happy when UBISoft released The Division. It's the first title in the Tom Clancy franchise that even remotely held me interest, and coming from a diverse background of gaming, I really felt like this was a step forward for me as a player, for the industry, and for the newly minted MMOFPS genre.

to clarify, I played Destiny for well over a year before hanging up that hat. The Division seemed to offer much more, and frankly, after the way the team of Bungie treated it's players and constantly undid their work in the name of 'progress'.... I have no intention of going back. They can offer me a Black, silver or freakn' platinum Gjallerhorn and it's not making me put myself through that again.

That said... I want to inform/advise/warn UBIsoft that they are heading down that same path now.

Frankly, I could write a book on the subject but in the interest of having someone actually read and employ this information, I will effort toward some brevity.

To start with... There is a reason that MMOs have, as a genre, devolved into a fly-by-night operation with no single title lasting more than a few months before rapidly loosing the vast majority of their player base. There are exceptions of course, and WoW continues to be the most successful title in the genre, but even that is a ghost of its former self at this stage.

So why do you suppose that is?

Well, firstly, most studios and or publishers invest heavily in metrics. They collect immense amounts of data, as evidenced by your very colorful bars charts. It is possible from within most engines to determine how many players perform what activities, use which weapons, achieve the most headshots, or walk the most steps. But this data - for the most part, entirely useless. I know, I know... I'm bucking the trend of our modern data-driven culture, that seems to think that every byte of data is a priceless treasure. But a thing is only valuable because it can be used, and - if misused - has no value at all. If the data being collected was used to improve the game, I'd be singing a different tune. But the data is only ever used to justify backwards movement. This most commonly takes the form of a 'nerf'.

If, through all your metrics, you can see that more players are using the AUG, or the Vector, and in your infinite wisdom decide 'Oh no! We can't have the majority of our players all enjoying the same thing... how dare they find a thing they like and use it! Quickly, remove that option!" Than your current tactic works. But to be clear, that's not a good move. It's quite ignorant actually.

To a degree, all gamers are min-maxing their characters. Some more than others, but the purpose of a game is to offer a sense of progress to the player. That's ultimately why all gamers game. Destroying their mode of progress displays a profound ignorance or disregard for your customers.

Now, this is true for games other than The Division. It's a sort of natural evolution of games now that data mining is the priority and not providing the most enjoyment. As a game ages, players inevitably find themselves (in greater and greater numbers) reaching the 'end game' state, where they have achieve the best weapons and best equipment - either by trial and error, experience, or through the advise of their peers. This is not a bad thing... players should reach an 'end game' they've earned it.

It is the duty of the developers (who promise a long-term experience) to introduce new content to the players, without antiquating their efforts to this point... if not, than every update is essentially a new game that players of the original may or may not have been interested in buying. It's a disservice to your first and more important customers.

Let's say, for the sake of example, that truly everyone in The Division was using an AUG and an M1A. And they were all Gear Score 225 at the end of the 1.2 update. What is the correct response? To take away their toys? Punish them? undo their work... many of them spent some great effort and time in reaching that point?

No - of course not. If you truly desire more diversity (for whatever reason, apparently people all enjoying one thing together is evil and cannot be). The correct response is to offer incentive to try something else... make other weapons MORE appealing. Not to render your current choice obsolete.

What is weapon balance? And don't consult your charts and data - they won't help you hear. When you have an 'even' spread of weapons, and every weapon is used by the same percent of your playerbase, you have NOT achieved balance.... when all weapons are equally useful, and players can freely chose which STYLE they enjoy most, without suffering massive penalties in game... then you have weapon balance. And that may be reflected in your metrics. Perhaps the fact is that more human beings prefer one kind of experience to another, even if equal. And if they enjoy it... let them. It will be better for your business in the end.

When releasing update and expansions to games, they should NEVER be regressive. They should NEVER undo what players have done. They should NEVER require that they completely re-evaluate their choices. That is the type of thinking that kills games. Players will leave once their sense of progress is broken.

Instead, updates should only ever expand options. Offer multiple paths of progression:

The way things are structured currently is going to kill the game. I know that's a harsh sentiment, and one that is so often stated that you're probably numb to its warming... but it is true.

To keep people playing, they can't be forced to start over with every update.

Instead of dropping the damage on the G36.. because apparently it is too high (whatever that means) try raising the damage on all other weapons.

Instead of forcing players to jump through hoops to even find set items, try opening up the drop tables... let all the sets drop equally. Maybe I like the Strikers set but don't want to grind Heroic Falcon Lost 200 times to get it. Is it a sin of some kind to prefer playing Underground but want drops for some other activity? Is variety that terrible?

Perhaps I like playing in the DZ but want something other than Nomad's or Alpha Bridge.

Perhaps another alternative would be allow players to 'upgrade' their armors and weapons... take your favorite GS 182 Police M4 and 'improve' it to GS 204, then to GS 229. Eachtime, you reroll it's existing stats from the table of the appropriate GS... and you can still reroll one talent...

This could require some other item or material that still requires a 'grind' so you can meet your quote of active users per hour/day/week/whatever.... but it let's them do so on their terms. Hell, it would actually be unique to you at this point and would give you a leg up on other titles.

If the goal is to let players eventually reach a place where they have the weapons and the equipment they ENJOY most - let them get there, and let them progress through the new content in future updates they way they enjoy most... stop forcing their behavior.... no on likes being led by the nose.

Sovereign-Star
07-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Employees of Massive and Ubisoft need to buff their brains and eyes. The guns you have already put there for players, it's players' choices to get what guns they want.

LMGs, I want to say, the most useless junk and metal exist in the game, the only purpose for these LMGs are to suppressing NPCs.

Nerfing Vector and AUG? Are you serious? If you think players over use those guns, then you should buff other hardly-used or never-used SMGs instead. But nope, you and your friends working at Ubisoft and Massive cannot think, and always made wrong decisions, even your anti-cheating is still at the failure point.

Good job on pissing off players who have Underground just to grind useless Purple V2 (High-End) for materials to craft guns that have talents players don't want. I can tell that you want to Troll your fans, and players who bought Tom Clancy's The Depression, The Desolation, The Deterioration, whatsoever tion.

About the suggestions you've claimed that you listened and heard, where are those things? It has been 2 months, and you still can't make appearance systems better? Shame, better focus on your next Cash-in Ghost: Wildland.

Sovereign-Star
07-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Again, it's pathetic that "YOU" think weapons are too op or overused, you never listened to your player base. You're nearsighted, your eyes, brains, and ears must have degenerated. If this hurt you, then I am sorry, because you hurt players like me and others who want to enjoy The Division. But it seemed you want to be stupid, then fine, so be it.

Desolator_X
07-07-2016, 07:13 PM
"Apparently" so this is a speculation or actually confirmed?

Statistically proven with 99% certainty that ~93% of the PC playerbase left the game. As far as science goes that's confirmed, common sense also seems to agree that we're running into the same people every once in a while.

FragToyd
07-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Shame, better focus on your next Cash-in Ghost: Wildland.

Well I wont be buying it if looks like being a fcuked over as this

damann28
07-08-2016, 02:00 AM
Employees of Massive and Ubisoft need to buff their brains and eyes. The guns you have already put there for players, it's players' choices to get what guns they want.

LMGs, I want to say, the most useless junk and metal exist in the game, the only purpose for these LMGs are to suppressing NPCs.

Nerfing Vector and AUG? Are you serious? If you think players over use those guns, then you should buff other hardly-used or never-used SMGs instead. But nope, you and your friends working at Ubisoft and Massive cannot think, and always made wrong decisions, even your anti-cheating is still at the failure point.

Good job on pissing off players who have Underground just to grind useless Purple V2 (High-End) for materials to craft guns that have talents players don't want. I can tell that you want to Troll your fans, and players who bought Tom Clancy's The Depression, The Desolation, The Deterioration, whatsoever tion.

About the suggestions you've claimed that you listened and heard, where are those things? It has been 2 months, and you still can't make appearance systems better? Shame, better focus on your next Cash-in Ghost: Wildland.

i dont agrre with u LMGs are realy stronger than all except a few ARs and SMGs but game creaters fix it to not be
i use LMGs alot, suppressing? **** that im killing with it in pvp n pve, with my black market RPk, i dont see any nerf yet with my AUG it still has the crit hit chance the dps did went down tho

damann28
07-08-2016, 02:01 AM
lol agree

Sovereign-Star
07-08-2016, 07:05 AM
i dont agrre with u LMGs are realy stronger than all except a few ARs and SMGs but game creaters fix it to not be
i use LMGs alot, suppressing? **** that im killing with it in pvp n pve, with my black market RPk, i dont see any nerf yet with my AUG it still has the crit hit chance the dps did went down tho

Oh no, not everyone is you. Don't think that "I can do do it, so does everyone else." This thoiught is the most ignorant one I've ever seen so far.

Massive should buff LMGs and other SMGs like MP7, MP5, and so on. Not just nerf the crap out of Vector and AUG just to wish players to use other SMGs. It's like, oh everyone loves strawberry candies, but they don't like pineapples, apple, banana, and tomato flavor? Well, I think I have to take out some sugar of strawberry candies, so everyone will buy other candies. THAT'S THE MOST FAILURE POINT MASSIVE AND UBISOFT HAVE IN THER MINDS.

damann28
07-08-2016, 07:34 AM
point taken

Some Old Trees
07-08-2016, 09:55 PM
I read this response from the Dev Team:
http://gamingbolt.com/the-division-dev-addresses-loot-drops-we-want-players-to-play-all-content

And while I am grateful that they are acknowledging that there is a problem, saying telling us what they won't do isn't bringing us any closer to a solution?

What exactly ARE you doing to help ease the burden? I get that you want players to play 'all the parts of the game' ... that's a fine dream, but let's be honest. It's never going to happen. It may not even be because some parts are just boring or tedious... sometimes even if an activity is fun, another might just be MORE fun, and players will gravitate towards that.

So if you're not going to open the loot tables, which I can understand based on your reasoning with RNG... than what are you going to do?

The comparison's between The Division and Diablo III are common for a reason - the loot systems are very similar in design, but not in execution. It's a good concept, but Diablo offers a vastly more rewarding player experience and here's why:

The total volume of usable drops in Diablo III many, many times higher than in The Division. Now, this only matters from the perspective of an 'end game' player. Let's be real, going from level 1 to 30 in the Division is about one slow days worth of work, assuming you take 'the scenic route' and enjoy some side content. you can rush through that process in 3 hours, as proven by several youtubers. That being said, no one cares about 165, 182, or even 204 drops at this point... they are not stepping stones from one thing to another. They are completely useless to virtually everyone. The moment you hit level 30 you expect to be doing 'end game' activities and receive 'end game' rewards. So why, even on higher difficulties, are 182 and 204 GS items or weapons even a thing?

In D3, as a veteran of several years, I can still find a useful (as in, something I will actually use) item / armor / weapon in about 4 hours of play. I probably also found a few dozen other items that were close, but not right for my build or playstyle. They got crushed, traded, or sold. At the end of the day, I make a little progress every day.

In The Division, I can spend all day running Challenge mode in the Underground and not have a single useful thing to show for it. Not one. A bunch of 204 crap? Really?

Perhaps the solution is not to segregate items by GS & difficulty. Having hard mode drop GS 182, Challenge mode drop GS 204, and only Heroic drop 229/268.... that's clearly not working.

Instead, have Hard mode drop some 229/268... have challenge mode drop them more frequently, and in greater numbers, and have heroic drop a large quantity of them... This can take many forms... perhaps you always get a 229/258 from named elite enemies, but there is only one of those per hard mode mission - 2-3 in Challenge, and several in Heroic.... in this way, the players are rewarded based on their efforts, and not cut off completely unless they drudge through heroic.

The goal at the end is not to get ANY 229/268 items... but to get the RIGHT items... and that will make the game much more enjoyable for everyone.

skf4
07-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Hello Agents,

AN UNBALANCED META

Introduce new weapons

GIVING YOU MORE CHOICES

New Weapon Bonuses

The AUG and Vector

M1A

New Weapons

Special Ammo

- The Division Dev Team

The above is all well and good, but leave the G36 alone!! It is so usefull in The DZ and in any PVE situation. You feel like you stand a chance 😊
You said, no nerfing. Please can we see how the meta plays out over a 2 month period?

Fix The Map issue first, it is impossible to play this game effectively without a over head map :(

mijunior
07-11-2016, 09:22 PM
http://gamingbolt.com/the-division-dev-addresses-loot-drops-we-want-players-to-play-all-content

And while I am grateful that they are acknowledging that there is a problem, saying telling us what they won't do isn't bringing us any closer to a solution?

What exactly ARE you doing to help ease the burden? I get that you want players to play 'all the parts of the game' ... that's a fine dream, but let's be honest. It's never going to happen. It may not even be because some parts are just boring or tedious... sometimes even if an activity is fun, another might just be MORE fun, and players will gravitate towards that.

So if you're not going to open the loot tables, which I can understand based on your reasoning with RNG... than what are you going to do?

The comparison's between The Division and Diablo III are common for a reason - the loot systems are very similar in design, but not in execution. It's a good concept, but Diablo offers a vastly more rewarding player experience and here's why:

The total volume of usable drops in Diablo III many, many times higher than in The Division. Now, this only matters from the perspective of an 'end game' player. Let's be real, going from level 1 to 30 in the Division is about one slow days worth of work, assuming you take 'the scenic route' and enjoy some side content. you can rush through that process in 3 hours, as proven by several youtubers. That being said, no one cares about 165, 182, or even 204 drops at this point... they are not stepping stones from one thing to another. They are completely useless to virtually everyone. The moment you hit level 30 you expect to be doing 'end game' activities and receive 'end game' rewards. So why, even on higher difficulties, are 182 and 204 GS items or weapons even a thing?

In D3, as a veteran of several years, I can still find a useful (as in, something I will actually use) item / armor / weapon in about 4 hours of play. I probably also found a few dozen other items that were close, but not right for my build or playstyle. They got crushed, traded, or sold. At the end of the day, I make a little progress every day.

In The Division, I can spend all day running Challenge mode in the Underground and not have a single useful thing to show for it. Not one. A bunch of 204 crap? Really?

Perhaps the solution is not to segregate items by GS & difficulty. Having hard mode drop GS 182, Challenge mode drop GS 204, and only Heroic drop 229/268.... that's clearly not working.

Instead, have Hard mode drop some 229/268... have challenge mode drop them more frequently, and in greater numbers, and have heroic drop a large quantity of them... This can take many forms... perhaps you always get a 229/258 from named elite enemies, but there is only one of those per hard mode mission - 2-3 in Challenge, and several in Heroic.... in this way, the players are rewarded based on their efforts, and not cut off completely unless they drudge through heroic.

The goal at the end is not to get ANY 229/268 items... but to get the RIGHT items... and that will make the game much more enjoyable for everyone.

I could play on the Underground heroic need better gears and weapons but you get only when I play heroic. Vicious circle. Undergroud challenge NPC 34 but still only tons GS 204. How quickly it will poison the rest of the players???

Zero-0022
07-12-2016, 07:06 AM
You are going to kick out all players!! ALWAYS REMEMBER WHO'S THE BOSS!! WE PAY MONEY TO BUY YOUR GAME!! IF WE DON'T, YOU EAT ****!!!:mad:

danander11
07-12-2016, 07:43 AM
I have to say, when I read the change log for todays update I was, yet again, disappointed in a big way...

It seems like every time that I set my sights on specific gear or builds, you guys have changed them to make them, essentially, useless, (or at least less useful).

I have never in my life played a game that changed fundamental things so often, and always against the player. I gave up on the DZ weeks ago and now am about to give up on the rest of the game. You have made it hard to gain any ground and seem to be content with providing the guys that got in early with good gear a clear advantage, and the guys still trying to work our way up, nothing but a grind.. and getting closer, you change things again. It's become a carrot and stick game. No thanks.

Every time you update you break something. I haven't been able to use the map for ten days or more... The gear drops stink and are the same old crap every time. How's a guy to get ahead? Not everyone wants to be a rogue in the DZ or to get nerfed by one.. There has become absolutely no value for a single player to play..

Watching what you've done to this game I have all but given up on my hopes for GR Wildlands. There was so much promise here too... a shame really.

How's about this... fix the drops to make playing somewhat rewarding again, stop de-valuing weapons and gear sets.. and balance out the NPC's so that a fellow has a chance. At least give us the OPTION to go up against harder enemy types.. provide a way for a guy to build, (and depend on), a good equipment set so that he can get ahead.. really.

From what I've seen on twitter, and various forums, NO ONE is happy about you knocking the G36 down..

danander11
07-12-2016, 07:44 AM
And whilst I'm on the subject.. Are you going to compensate players for the map thing? You certainly should.

danander11
07-12-2016, 07:49 AM
I was so happy when UBISoft released The Division. It's the first title in the Tom Clancy franchise that even remotely held me interest, and coming from a diverse background of gaming, I really felt like this was a step forward for me as a player, for the industry, and for the newly minted MMOFPS genre.

to clarify, I played Destiny for well over a year before hanging up that hat. The Division seemed to offer much more, and frankly, after the way the team of Bungie treated it's players and constantly undid their work in the name of 'progress'.... I have no intention of going back. They can offer me a Black, silver or freakn' platinum Gjallerhorn and it's not making me put myself through that again.

That said... I want to inform/advise/warn UBIsoft that they are heading down that same path now.

Frankly, I could write a book on the subject but in the interest of having someone actually read and employ this information, I will effort toward some brevity.

To start with... There is a reason that MMOs have, as a genre, devolved into a fly-by-night operation with no single title lasting more than a few months before rapidly loosing the vast majority of their player base. There are exceptions of course, and WoW continues to be the most successful title in the genre, but even that is a ghost of its former self at this stage.

So why do you suppose that is?

Well, firstly, most studios and or publishers invest heavily in metrics. They collect immense amounts of data, as evidenced by your very colorful bars charts. It is possible from within most engines to determine how many players perform what activities, use which weapons, achieve the most headshots, or walk the most steps. But this data - for the most part, entirely useless. I know, I know... I'm bucking the trend of our modern data-driven culture, that seems to think that every byte of data is a priceless treasure. But a thing is only valuable because it can be used, and - if misused - has no value at all. If the data being collected was used to improve the game, I'd be singing a different tune. But the data is only ever used to justify backwards movement. This most commonly takes the form of a 'nerf'.

If, through all your metrics, you can see that more players are using the AUG, or the Vector, and in your infinite wisdom decide 'Oh no! We can't have the majority of our players all enjoying the same thing... how dare they find a thing they like and use it! Quickly, remove that option!" Than your current tactic works. But to be clear, that's not a good move. It's quite ignorant actually.

To a degree, all gamers are min-maxing their characters. Some more than others, but the purpose of a game is to offer a sense of progress to the player. That's ultimately why all gamers game. Destroying their mode of progress displays a profound ignorance or disregard for your customers.

Now, this is true for games other than The Division. It's a sort of natural evolution of games now that data mining is the priority and not providing the most enjoyment. As a game ages, players inevitably find themselves (in greater and greater numbers) reaching the 'end game' state, where they have achieve the best weapons and best equipment - either by trial and error, experience, or through the advise of their peers. This is not a bad thing... players should reach an 'end game' they've earned it.

It is the duty of the developers (who promise a long-term experience) to introduce new content to the players, without antiquating their efforts to this point... if not, than every update is essentially a new game that players of the original may or may not have been interested in buying. It's a disservice to your first and more important customers.

Let's say, for the sake of example, that truly everyone in The Division was using an AUG and an M1A. And they were all Gear Score 225 at the end of the 1.2 update. What is the correct response? To take away their toys? Punish them? undo their work... many of them spent some great effort and time in reaching that point?

No - of course not. If you truly desire more diversity (for whatever reason, apparently people all enjoying one thing together is evil and cannot be). The correct response is to offer incentive to try something else... make other weapons MORE appealing. Not to render your current choice obsolete.

What is weapon balance? And don't consult your charts and data - they won't help you hear. When you have an 'even' spread of weapons, and every weapon is used by the same percent of your playerbase, you have NOT achieved balance.... when all weapons are equally useful, and players can freely chose which STYLE they enjoy most, without suffering massive penalties in game... then you have weapon balance. And that may be reflected in your metrics. Perhaps the fact is that more human beings prefer one kind of experience to another, even if equal. And if they enjoy it... let them. It will be better for your business in the end.

When releasing update and expansions to games, they should NEVER be regressive. They should NEVER undo what players have done. They should NEVER require that they completely re-evaluate their choices. That is the type of thinking that kills games. Players will leave once their sense of progress is broken.

Instead, updates should only ever expand options. Offer multiple paths of progression:

The way things are structured currently is going to kill the game. I know that's a harsh sentiment, and one that is so often stated that you're probably numb to its warming... but it is true.

Instead of dropping the damage on the G36.. because apparently it is too high (whatever that means) try raising the damage on all other weapons.

Instead of forcing players to jump through hoops to even find set items, try opening up the drop tables... let all the sets drop equally. Maybe I like the Strikers set but don't want to grind Heroic Falcon Lost 200 times to get it. Is it a sin of some kind to prefer playing Underground but want drops for some other activity? Is variety that terrible?

Perhaps I like playing in the DZ but want something other than Nomad's or Alpha Bridge.

Perhaps another alternative would be allow players to 'upgrade' their armors and weapons... take your favorite GS 182 Police M4 and 'improve' it to GS 204, then to GS 229. Eachtime, you reroll it's existing stats from the table of the appropriate GS... and you can still reroll one talent...

This could require some other item or material that still requires a 'grind' so you can meet your quote of active users per hour/day/week/whatever.... but it let's them do so on their terms. Hell, it would actually be unique to you at this point and would give you a leg up on other titles.

If the goal is to let players eventually reach a place where they have the weapons and the equipment they ENJOY most - let them get there, and let them progress through the new content in future updates they way they enjoy most... stop forcing their behavior.... no on likes being led by the nose.

This!

Whiskey_OMeGa
07-12-2016, 08:54 AM
If your goal is to kill the player base, you're doing one hell of a job at it. Congrats on that. Because it's working.

I am baffled at a company that spends so much time, effort, money and other resources trying to make players use different gear instead of dealing with issues that seem to be common to most of its customers. Can you imagine BMW making the M3 worse so that customers would start buying their SUVs? Or Apple making the iPAD screen unreadable so people would buy a laptop? Yet there are issues throughout the game that continue to be ignored and customer feedback that goes unanswered. I bought the game and season pass because the idea of exploring Manhattan in a post apocalyptic world was intriguing. If you wanted to expand the map for solo players, how about expanding the map into downtown or uptown. UG is cool for a while, but eventually the various rooms you use to build a mission become repetative. And it's not really exploring something that many of us might be familiar with, is it?

I highly recommend Ubi rethink your long-term business strategy. Doing expansion on the cheap and herding players into the type of play that is easy for you to manage may make sense short term, but you will lose buyers in the future. Seriously, Lone Star? B.L.I.N.D? Nerfing items so that players will have to grind new/different items?

I for one haven't purchased a Ubisoft game since the original Rainbox Six. It will be a similar span of time before I try you again.

StarvinMarvinDK
07-12-2016, 09:01 AM

Right on the Money !

Whiskey_OMeGa
07-12-2016, 09:17 AM

Why does this seem to be so hard for developers to understand?

What is weapon balance? When all weapons are equally useful, and players can freely chose which STYLE they enjoy most, without suffering massive penalties in game... then you have weapon balance. And that may be reflected in your metrics. Perhaps the fact is that more human beings prefer one kind of experience to another, even if equal. And if they enjoy it... let them. It will be better for your business in the end.

Not all people have the same skill sets, and should be able to choose gear and weapons that fit well with their own skill set instead of being shoe-horned into gameplay that a developer has chosen.

Basically, forcing customers to use your product the way YOU want will lose you future business. I can't believe this must be stated out-loud.

Perhaps another alternative would be allow players to 'upgrade' their armors and weapons... take your favorite GS 182 Police M4 and 'improve' it to GS 204, then to GS 229. Each time, you reroll it's existing stats from the table of the appropriate GS... and you can still reroll one talent...

Well said!

Grouchybeast
07-12-2016, 09:42 AM
The below quote is interesting as I not played long but if all they do is nerf and not buff stuff and also harder to find some weopns then of course stats will show higher use of stuff..

W1z4rds_5leeve
07-12-2016, 01:37 PM
What happened to the promises made in a state of the game a couple of weeks ago where Quentan that said we will never need a gun where possible - we will always buff the others...

DESTRO-AJU
07-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Look no worse and the reduction of harm in more maintenance of the strength of NPCs Bots because acada update is harder to kill bots to farm and quiet.

* the worst and you and forming search for items and die and PVP for bots and not player by standing strong absurdamentes.

What more discouraged and you are always doing missions growing in items and weapons evolve and do not feel strong.

Acada day that step and I in the center of the steam so I see fall the number of players remember community who keep the game alive we are players and we have a certain way we are encouraged to play and not the way in taking what We achieved in hours, days, weeks and even months conquering.

Lantisx
07-12-2016, 07:22 PM
**** this game. why always to nerf waepon ?

ZBL_zarabel
07-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Hello
I just made a game with my old friends to check as has been the balancing of weapons.
Honestly, I think good that you may do changes to make the game more dynamic, but I totally disagree whether these changes make the game unattractive.
In the basement, in the challenge mode, before it was too difficult because of the resistance of the NPCs, but after rolling, weapons do less damage, and the level of NPCs remains the same, it is not logical, or less is what it seems.
You have got to see game statistics, so why do not you do something with common sense and not the other?
Yesterday we made a game in defiantly, and were almost an hour to resolve satisfactorily. Today, we have tried 3 times, and the difference is huge.
The game has to be fun and not a nuisance.
We spent hours and hours to improve our gadgets and weapons, so that after several hours, you come and you make changes that make no sense, really, is, and forgive the expression, but a big turd.
I hope you have enough consideration to correct the imbalance that you have created.
Greetings,

ZBL

ModalThread611
07-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Why does this seem to be so hard for developers to understand?

Not all people have the same skill sets, and should be able to choose gear and weapons that fit well with their own skill set instead of being shoe-horned into gameplay that a developer has chosen.

Basically, forcing customers to use your product the way YOU want will lose you future business. I can't believe this must be stated out-loud.

Well said!

Why does this even need to be spoken. Are these spook developers and suits even paying attention to the customer at all?

ModalThread611
07-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Hello
I just made a game with my old friends to check as has been the balancing of weapons.
Honestly, I think good that you may do changes to make the game more dynamic, but I totally disagree whether these changes make the game unattractive.
In the basement, in the challenge mode, before it was too difficult because of the resistance of the NPCs, but after rolling, weapons do less damage, and the level of NPCs remains the same, it is not logical, or less is what it seems.
You have got to see game statistics, so why do not you do something with common sense and not the other?
Yesterday we made a game in defiantly, and were almost an hour to resolve satisfactorily. Today, we have tried 3 times, and the difference is huge.
The game has to be fun and not a nuisance.
We spent hours and hours to improve our gadgets and weapons, so that after several hours, you come and you make changes that make no sense, really, is, and forgive the expression, but a big turd.
I hope you have enough consideration to correct the imbalance that you have created.
Greetings,

ZBL

Over and over it is nothing but hate and unsatisfied customers, pay attention you dim witted fools. Stop thinking with only your brains and just think about selling a great product that people are proud to own and play over and over. Stop looking at stats and just pay attention to the damn customer you stupid fools.Pull your heads out of each others butts. Even at E3 it was apparent that people were not pleased with this game. Then you had your team play with sub par accounts. This is just sad.

Some Old Trees
07-12-2016, 08:16 PM
I was more than a little disappointed when I checked the patch notes this morning and realized that UBI has gone ahead and made alterations to the G36 despite all the player feedback urging them to leave well enough alone.

It would be one thing if UBI had, from the offset, made it known that player feedback was never going to be taken into consideration - if they had broadcast to everyone that it was their 'vision' and players can either get in line or get out... But looking back, it seems like UBI has been offering a form of lip service to the players that conflicts with their actions. You constantly say that you are 'all over' You're on Reddit, you're on Twitter, you're looking at the player feedback... but you have yet to do a single thing that your players (the people you profess to be working for) are asking for.

I honestly can't find a single example.

Now, I'm not trying to nail UBI to a cross here - they are not the only 'bad guys' in the gaming industry. I'll state again that Destiny has effectively set the bar for corporate ******-baggery. But UBI soft, by creating a game in a similar genre to Destiny, has the option to diverge. They can follow the mold that was made by Bungie, or they can innovate - they can earn a reputation as a developer that actually acts in the best interest of the players.

I mean.... what are you afraid of? That players will like the game too much? Why is that mold so difficult to break?

Put another way - have you ever heard a player complain about a game that offered too many choices? "Man, I really hated that game, it gave me way to much freedom, I was seriously disappointed with all the choices I could make!" ... no, you haven't, because it doesn't happen. But you can't throw a virtual stone without hitting a blog or post on some forum or game review site without getting an earful of people wishing they had MORE control... more freedom.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I am glutton for punishment. This is obvious because I own a gaming console at all, and I can't really think of a franchise that hasn't gone out of its way to disappoint in a long while. I'm also not the kind to make silly or idle threats like "fix it or I am leaving" because, let's face it - it's the internet. A threat only works if your have leverage on the person you are threatening. I have nothing on UBI - quite the opposite. They've already got my money, and all I have to show for it are a few months of progress -- well, it was progress until this morning.

So instead of threatening, I am just going to ask one final time - are going to 'fix' this? Or are we doomed to this eternal cycle of making progress only to have you later determine that it was 'not in the spirit of your design' and invalidate it? What's your game plan? Stop grabbing the low hanging fruit by answering trolls on the forums... tackle the hard questions!

I'd really appreciate a reply from someone at UBI... throw us a bone.

Some Old Trees
07-12-2016, 08:19 PM
PS - I thing that players in general understand that game development isn't a democracy. UBI doesn't 'have' to list to us - even though they profess to.

But it's critical that UBI understand... following your vision of creating a great game, and listening to your players, are not mutually exclusive concepts. They work together quite well.

CnnrYng
07-12-2016, 09:36 PM
What I'm hearing here is:

"We've noticed people REALLY LOVE the AUG and Vector, they're the most used weapons!!! For this reason, we're going to reduce the damage they do."

ugh

ZBL_zarabel
07-13-2016, 08:21 AM
To get started:

- First, at any time I said that I do not like the game.
- Secondly, and no disrespect to speak badly about people if you want your comments to be considered.
- Thirdly, if the statistics are there will be so that we can see, compare, balance and finally equip, as long as we go better in the build that we carry.
- Fourthly, it is clear that you love to drop your pants and think that everything UBI does, he does great, because boy, lands to reality, looks a little on the forums and see that the vast majority of complaints have a base, a logical argument why, etc ... and are not written complaints meaningless.
- What do you want to keep thinking that our complaints are meaningless, still lamenting that we will do the same and more.
- Finally, a little tip, as I see the community you do not care ****ing ********. To write gibberish as you have written, do not waste time and play The Division, at least you will not have to think much, but coming from you, that would not be a problem, no ??

Greetings,

ZBL

ZBL_zarabel
07-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Sorry for the Re-Reply I forget to push with quote, ;p

Over and over it is nothing but hate and unsatisfied customers, pay attention you dim witted fools. Stop thinking with only your brains and just think about selling a great product that people are proud to own and play over and over. Stop looking at stats and just pay attention to the damn customer you stupid fools.Pull your heads out of each others butts. Even at E3 it was apparent that people were not pleased with this game. Then you had your team play with sub par accounts. This is just sad.

- First, at any time I said that I do not like the game.
- Secondly, and no disrespect to speak badly about people if you want your comments to be considered.
- Thirdly, if the statistics are there will be so that we can see, compare, balance and finally equip, as long as we go better in the build that we carry.
- Fourthly, it is clear that you love to drop your pants and think that everything UBI does, he does great, because boy, lands to reality, looks a little on the forums and see that the vast majority of complaints have a base, a logical argument why, etc ... and are not written complaints meaningless.
- What do you want to keep thinking that our complaints are meaningless, still lamenting that we will do the same and more.
- Finally, a little tip, as I see the community you do not care ****ing ********. To write gibberish as you have written, do not waste time and play The Division, at least you will not have to think much, but coming from you, that would not be a problem, no ??

Greetings,

ZBL[/QUOTE]

tmPH.Code16
07-13-2016, 11:10 AM
I'm just wondering why did you guys Nerf the G36? That gun is the only item i used for PVE since all of the mobs and enemies in DZ are so thick that you basically need to emptied two mags just to drop them down. I can't use an LMG and SMG since i will be instantly melted once I'm on the enemies effective range, and it will not make any sense if you run towards the enemy and shoot them on point blank range, that's not how the cover-based shooter works.

I think you guys need to rework all weapons and skills in the game. You should separate their effectiveness on PVE and PVP. Lets say the 5 Piece Sentry's Call buff will differ from PVE to PVP. The damage to enemies will be the same but when used to an agent, it will automatically adjust into PVP where the buff will lowered and will not 3 hit you on the head. This principle also applied to weapons. I hope you get my point.

This is the first game i actually bought and i also got a season pass as i was so entertained and excited to played this everyday non-stop. But i also got disappointed on not addressing all bugs and concerns that your players are experiencing. MarcoStyle created a video compilation of some skill bugs in the game that are not included on the list of known issues. How is that possible that other users sees this first and not even you? Have you already tested the game yourself or you just released this game without any reviewing? If you guys will not properly address all this issues, you better sell this game to another company, because you just wasting your time on developing this game.

PS. I'll still play this game since i dont want to waste my money for another game.

Judge.Ferg286
07-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
Last 30 Days 6,153.3 +65.7 +1.08% 12,583
June 2016 6,087.6 -3,663.9 -37.57% 11,856
May 2016 9,751.5 -16,642.8 -63.05% 22,105
April 2016 26,394.3 -38,671.0 -59.43% 54,455
March 2016 65,065.3 - - 113,877

this is from steam charts.
more than 90% of players have abandoned the game since release 4 months ago.
Why not consider the complaints of the people who have bought the game but dont play it?
Nerfing the weapons the remaining game loyal players have, and have worked for, many times grinding materials to repeatedly craft the weapon with some decent attributes, will probably cut the numbers even further.
Luckily I didnt buy a season pass, but i did buy the DLC as I couldnt even invite friends when they were playing underground. Thats obviously a strategic move on your part, forcing non season pass holders to purchase to keep contact with friends.
I wont be buying again. I ll be recommending other games to my friends instead.

Judge.Ferg286
07-13-2016, 12:31 PM
http://steamcharts.com/app/365590

Judge.Ferg286
07-13-2016, 12:45 PM
then again, if no one plays the game anymore, there ll be no need for updates and patches, problem solved from ubisofts side!
Hell, they could even skip DLC releases and save money! by the time those come out there ll only be a few hundred players left. The number of complaints per day will have dramatically decreased since release date.
I could be onto something here.

deep_thud
07-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Hello Agents,

AN UNBALANCED META

Introduce new weapons

GIVING YOU MORE CHOICES

New Weapon Bonuses

The AUG and Vector

M1A

New Weapons

Special Ammo

- The Division Dev Team

So dev team, question for ya. What is the point of steering people away from one weapon/build combo to another, specifically assault and lmg, then after 2 weeks of people grinding to get their lost DPS and toughness you once again nerf the assault rifle build? It just seems like you have this idea of toying with your player base and don't really give a rats a$$ who continues to play your game. It would be great if you stopped the nerf fest and stabilized other builds. Stop introducing new gear as that only makes things more difficult to get the build you've been aiming for in combination with your constant obsession with messing with builds and weapons on a weekly, sometimes twice weekly, basis. I do believe you initially were talking about how you weren't going to nerf and instead bump up gear/weapons that players obviously didn't care for because they didn't do $hit. Instead of that, you've done the exact opposite. So will you stop nerfing weapons and builds or are you just hell bent on losing 90 percent of your player base for The Division as well as any hope of Wildlands taking off?

lBosko
07-14-2016, 01:38 AM
Please, just please keep going like that, you already built yourself a pretty bad reputation for your futur at massive but I just want to see the day you'll just abandon this failed project that is the divison

NitroMidgets
07-14-2016, 02:05 AM
http://steamcharts.com/app/365590

Wow, the DLC and patch only got it a 1.25% bump in players on Steam? That's pretty bad. Those are players who will never return at this point. They don't care if they bought a Season Pass.

iiFailzzzxD
07-18-2016, 06:14 PM
I think this company should be sued for robbing theiir playerbase. The servers will probably be shut down before PS4 even gets anything from the Season Pass. It looks like they are intentionally ruining the game so that everyone leaves. They've already made their money and they don't want to have to hold up their end (disgusting). I wish I didn't buy this trash game or the Season Pass and outfit sets. The game was so fun at first. Then crafting was made almost pointless. I farmed forever for the things I wanted and still never got them. 19 DZ is a dead zone. 24 seems pretty dead, too. I don't know about 14; how are you guys holding up? I hear 29 has a couple people. Everyone always complained about 30 because of the exploits that were used to get gear that would take half a year to get in a couple days, so I never went into the 30 DZ. Anyone know what I should move on to?

The Game is dead, long live the Game!

DazKRaptorSquad
07-19-2016, 01:23 AM
This, totally.

1+ on this. And i thinks almost everyone in The community is Thinking The same.

Okey, You cant Even stop lying in an post TO The community..

You guy's stated here that community feedback is invaluable to you and You have used it to make The changes in weapon balancing.

NO ONE in this community have EVER stated that The Vector and AUG where OP! This is entierly YOUR decision and then You guy's blame it on community feedback.

Same with The striker/sentry nerf. NO ONE except YOU guy's is saying it's OP.

You nerf these things because it's popular, what Kind of bs is that?
The only reason They Are popular is because there Are no other weapons and Gearsets thats worth having! Insteed of nerfing The only viable options thats in The game You should buff The ones thats actually useless!
The only thing You will accomplish with these nerfs is angry players that will leave The game.
You Are maiking it even Harder to kill an npc and players in DZ with these nerfs, AS They wherent hard enough before!

The only OP thing in this game as it stands now is The "Tank-Tician" builds, and by nerfing The only options that can take One down You Are making it Even more OP.

Get your heads out of eachothers asses and actually start to listen to The community and stop lying! Dont You understand that The only things You ever will accomplish with these Kind of changes is players leaving?

mark_hawaii
07-20-2016, 11:09 PM
The trouble with Ubisoft and Massive is that they do not listen to the player base. They only listen to themselves. What is the purpose of nerfing the weapons when you simultaneously increase the difficulty level up to Heroic? Do we have a masochist at Massive who wants to make the game impossible to finish?

Here are my recommendations for fixing the game.

1. Since we can re-roll an attribute of a weapon, why not allow us to re-roll two attributes? Just increase the cost in Phoenix credits.

2. I have heard that the level 32 mod blueprints are not worth it. Who messed up that feature? Why can't people get +200 DMG or +3% Crit Chance from a mod? That would level the penalty from nerfing the Aug.

3. The personal supply drop was a good idea, but how about putting a Caduceus into the cache? That alone would sell thousands of season passes.

Erz-redZ
07-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Hi , this is my first and last post here ...

I bought the game couz it´s fantastic grafik and the option to play alone if i want to .....

No the game is not anymore playable solo in darkzone for me
And my friends i normaly playing with are not 24hours online or left the game couz they are so much disappointed from you !!

Solo PVE (Underground) suckz couz the different between hard and challange mode ist a big jump and impossible solo

Ok the heroic may be so hard, couz it is heroic but it´s only a bit more harder than challange mode and with a good team it´s same sleeping mode like Challange mode with a good team....

Solo Darkzone 3-6 , impossible
If not the mass of NPC´s kill´s u an ohter play group comes an gives u last hit
Run away ? How , if i do so the shoutguner NPC´s kills me from 500 meter range with a Headshot , yippyyayhey !

So it doesn´t matter what weapon an NPC uses he always has an not realistic range and dmg ...

Darkzone 1-2: allways groups of Rouges camping the Entrys

Server Change: hmm it feel that are only 3 server left an every of this 3 server same ****. 1-2 powerfull Rouge Groups kill all other in Zone 1-2

Why nerf players weapons and raise up NPC´s Life and DMG ? I think u want players to leave ?

Never see such a ******** nerf before

Relaxed Gaming in Darkzone , forget it .
no the NPC´s should be problem in Darkzone , the other Players should be ...

It is called Player vs Player and not Player vs Godmode NPC´s

So after i read a lot here in Forum i think u realy don´t care for your community and this was the last pvp multiplayer online game i bought from you.

THX for taking my money an dmg the Product i bought !!!

sry my bad englisch, i´m german and very angry at the moment ...

The Game is dead , God save the Game !!!

StrayMastermind
07-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Wow, if you have time to complain cause your favorite stuff in the game got nailed in a rebalance then you should actually be thinking of something to do. The reason for these sorts of things is "over use and complaints" by players. For instance, when the game first came out everyone was gunning for the submachine guns for the crit rate bonus, this was a murder factor on Midas because of the skills it rolled out with so they remove/nerfed the skill over complaints. DZ sees alot of smg use because of the rate of fire being able to chew through HPs. I for one think they were doing a favor to those that think the main-stay weapons at game start were over rated. Personally, I couldn't see why shotguns and light machine guns were so much weaker than the rest. Not that I can tell the difference in damage now in shotguns. Also, this is billed as being cover based gamplay, you should be glad you can even get your gear to the point of being able to run and gun against anything.

bobwalt
07-24-2016, 09:12 PM
LMGs are still weak even when augmented by the changes and the use of the Lone Star gear set bonus.

Crawl3217
07-25-2016, 04:50 PM
^ I agree .Makes 100% sense .Lets buff the g36 saying its op asap.But raise the npcs life (and they admitted on state of the game,the are to strong) and say we are looking into adjusting it in the furture.No date give .LMAOI mean i dont mind grinding for gear i want .But then they turn around and buff it so we all have to keep on grinding ?Something is wrong when you need to dump 3 or more clips into a npc.Might as well say this game is for team play only .No solo.If not in a group you have to go and sit in the base of operation.<shoild be a game option ubi.hell i better go get the rights to the ideal before they use it.

SHOXY.H5
08-15-2016, 07:48 PM
And what with DELTA 20001082.
Im waiting for fix like 1 month and it is not fixed. How can I enjoy the gameplay????? FIX IT, COME ON.
It is not only me you know. Im realy pissed of to buy a game for 100€ and then it is not working, how you would feel if you bought the game for 100€ and then you could not play it huh?

Gunter Belgium
08-22-2016, 10:46 PM
Can you guy's please do something about the 5 piece Sentry gear and shotgun. It is wayyyy over powerd, is no skill to run it and
""" it is destroying the whole game """". You are losing a lot of players on this issue.
Don't say whe are working on it, every day every hour losing players...
I played over 1000 houres on the game always trying stuff out about builds but 5 piece sentry shotgun groups in DZ and you can't do anything.
I tried al kinds of stuff for defence and offensive to them, in group. No succes!!!
Even farming in DZ is pointless.
Fix it please asap

Kissala
08-23-2016, 07:55 AM
Can you guy's please do something about the 5 piece Sentry gear and shotgun. It is wayyyy over powerd, is no skill to run it and
""" it is destroying the whole game """". You are losing a lot of players on this issue.
Don't say whe are working on it, every day every hour losing players...
I played over 1000 houres on the game always trying stuff out about builds but 5 piece sentry shotgun groups in DZ and you can't do anything.
I tried al kinds of stuff for defence and offensive to them, in group. No succes!!!
Even farming in DZ is pointless.
Fix it please asap

Surely with 1000hours you have managed to get 5 piece of Sentry and a shotgun to drop, so why not use it yourself if it is such OP? Maybe you would notice it is not that op if you are soloing and it is only good with a group where there is support for it.

Instead of crying a new nerf for a thing that really easies up killing the good awful NPC´s, why not cry for something that could counter it. Like 4 piece setbonus that gives immunity to headshots.

NitroMidgets
08-24-2016, 12:08 AM
Why not? So you are asking them to add yet another gear set in order to have a four piece set bonus to counter the Sentry usage despite what it would do to the RNG? Also ignoring the history of adding sets that break other aspects of the game?
No, they need to actually shoot for balancing the weapons and gear sets rather then pinning our hopes on new gear as a solution.

Moving from Meta to Meta isn't exactly balance. The fact that there is a meta to begin with illustrates how poorly designed the implementation of gear sets was.

Kissala
08-24-2016, 06:44 AM
Why not? So you are asking them to add yet another gear set in order to have a four piece set bonus to counter the Sentry usage despite what it would do to the RNG? Also ignoring the history of adding sets that break other aspects of the game?
No, they need to actually shoot for balancing the weapons and gear sets rather then pinning our hopes on new gear as a solution.

Moving from Meta to Meta isn't exactly balance. The fact that there is a meta to begin with illustrates how poorly designed the implementation of gear sets was.

Tell me one similar game where there is no meta.

NitroMidgets
08-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Tell me one other game that plays up the meta so severely? Most don't let this kind of thing continue on as long as Massive does. Oh and look at the steps DE takes with Warframe to avoid having a meta for frames, skills or weapons.