PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Downgrade

TheRealMZ23
06-22-2016, 11:18 PM
OK, so nobody has mentioned it so far on this forum, so I will. Ubisoft has been frequently downgrading the graphics of their recent games after the E3 Demos. I'm kinda worried about this because this game looks absolutely beautiful and a downgrade would be seriously disappointing. Ubisoft has done this with Watch Dogs, The Division and Ghost Recon.
Should a graphics downgrade be expected?

Runic
06-23-2016, 01:48 AM
I'm not saying you don't have a point, but at this stage I am choosing to have faith in the For Honor team to put out the best product they can.

Newtons_3rd_Law
06-23-2016, 02:11 AM
Its always a HARD CHOICE to balance the Reality of the average PC hardware average Games customers have, and what the high end gamers run with.

But its true, that people with high-end rigs tend to buy newer games, while people with weak rigs tend to buy discount; so its not really in UBis interest to downgrade the graphics.

DOOM [4] Looks GREAT (at the cost of crippling Stereoscopic 3D), but I hope its as good otherwise; and being as that has been out months and this is not due till near the New Year, then it has to be at least as good..

So, I would`nt worry, but might put off the pre-order if you have lingering concerns.

Fatal-Feit
06-23-2016, 05:16 AM
The game been shown and played on PS4 (and PC) many times and there are zero noticeable downgrade in the graphics, so I don't believe you should be worried.

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 08:12 AM
I agree with Fatal.

They've had it playable at various tradeshows for over a year, and had an Alpha. While the aesthetic has changed ever so slightly, it doesn't look any worse than it did when they announced it. Any sort of downgrade at this point would be baffling.

TrikRisk
06-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Before I was like: "Probably not because mainly Jason but also his team are really passionate about this game and they will do so it stays 'the same' ". But now that I've seen that this game needs 16 GB RAM for the alpha I think they will change that and downgrade the game. Yes nothing is confirmed from Ubisoft but when the response to "Will it be 16GB Ram?" is "We don't know the specifications right now, we'll tell you later." it means that RAM is currently above avarage which is 8 GB.

A downgrade will suck but won't prevent me to buy the game... Yes I just said that, because the gameplay of this game (at least) looks very very promosing. I have been waiting for a game like this since I'm like 8(Yes since young I wanted to make a game company and make games xD). Off course the game I would do would not be exactly like this and one of the big differences is an open world but I ain't here to discuss that. I will buy the game if the gameplay stays exactly as it is right now and better. And off course, if its not pay to win. Pay to win games suck so bad for non rich adult people; yes they are games to suck money from kids that suck money from their parents.

Bantarific
06-24-2016, 02:35 AM
O.o? I played alpha with 8 GB of RAM and a mediocre computer and it ran like a beauty.

AvarusTyrannus
06-24-2016, 07:48 AM
People should keep in mind that comparison of a vertical slice to a finished product is a dubious foundation for your predictions. The alpha and everything so far looks great and runs, frankly, incredibly well considering how early the alpha was, but if you are concerned about a downgrade then know that,as with most games, that's something you will discover in the coming months. Personally I don't think it's likely, but arguing about it now is pointless. We all just have to wait and see what comes, and have a little faith too I suppose.

MisterWillow
06-24-2016, 07:51 PM
We all just have to wait and see what comes, and have a little faith too I suppose.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l396Zg3MfxD5I5xu0/giphy.gif

Capone-SGT
10-16-2016, 08:02 PM
How many Downgraded games of ubisoft do you guys have to play before you get it?
Dont buy games from them period there basicly liars
evry single game they make are unfinnished and downgraded.