PDA

View Full Version : Late E3 Interview mit Jason VandenBerghe

DerHerbman
06-22-2016, 10:58 PM
I was hoping for an upload from this interview since days, so now that its up I wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo5K_pS6IBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo5K_pS6IBs
Enjoy.
Funfact Rockedbeans TV is a German 24/7 Twitch Channel. The first 24/7 Twitch channel with real TV like content as far as I know, Check them out if you can understand German!
https://www.twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv
They are also on YT with bunch of great E3 stuff.

Edit:
"Did you know that Vikings had spring loaded grapplehooks?"
Trollolol!

Interesting Stuff at 19:45!

Pallbearer7
06-23-2016, 01:09 AM
Great interview! He talks about some cool stuff. Sounds like they're not gonna up the gore because that's not what the game is about. I really respect that. It's about the combat and victory, and they don't need unnecessary tons of blood and dismemberment to use up screen real estate. Important for dueling multiple people or keeping an eye out.

He also talks about weapon customization! He says that each class archetype cannot change their type of weapon, but each weapon is composed of parts that can be found in a sort of loot drop system, but im not sure if the loot dropping is unique to the campaign. The campaign will have a power curve where you get more powerful over time, but the multiplayer will have many trade offs between weapon pieces so it's more about a build than getting "better" gear.

Number_06
06-23-2016, 01:48 AM
i really liked what he said about spit screen ... its sounds like dueling your bro for hours lol.

Thx for the video by the way.

Pallbearer7
06-23-2016, 02:19 AM
i really liked what he said about spit screen ... its sounds like dueling your bro for hours lol.

Thx for the video by the way.

Yeah, the great reason he gave is why I'm mad they're not including it on PC... Most of my friends aren't super into video games unless it's call of duty and they all have consoles. And thanks to them not bringing split screen to PC now I'll probably not be able to play with my friends.

Willaguy2010
06-23-2016, 07:18 AM
Great interview! He talks about some cool stuff. Sounds like they're not gonna up the gore because that's not what the game is about. I really respect that. It's about the combat and victory, and they don't need unnecessary tons of blood and dismemberment to use up screen real estate. Important for dueling multiple people or keeping an eye out.

He also talks about weapon customization! He says that each class archetype cannot change their type of weapon, but each weapon is composed of parts that can be found in a sort of loot drop system, but im not sure if the loot dropping is unique to the campaign. The campaign will have a power curve where you get more powerful over time, but the multiplayer will have many trade offs between weapon pieces so it's more about a build than getting "better" gear.

The last part suggests that in MP your gear has affects certain stats. Interesting, I thought customization would be limited to cosmetic only.

Joe_Corleone
06-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Great video. I'm hyped beyond words.

premiumart
06-23-2016, 11:03 AM

Maybe there some random drops at the end of multiplayer matches so its a little more than just leveling up your hero and unlocking stuff. That would be nice if you could get just a little reward for the match.

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 11:13 AM
13.30 samurai activates revenge mode, Jason "There is no magic in this setting"
made me chuckle :p

coma987
06-23-2016, 11:19 AM
He said "The next test will be Very very very very soon." So 4 months guys, get hyped.

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 07:20 PM
For context of the reference made at around 16:00 about demons, Apollyon was the Greek name for the angel of death (or angel of Hell).

And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. 11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Revelation 1-11

Altair_Snake
06-27-2016, 09:51 AM
"Kneel, mofo." lol

Some good news, here. Split screen will work for the actual campaign, instead of just specific little coop missions. There will also be split screen PvP. It was a bit unclear if people can play split screen online. It caused problems in Uncharted 3, so I don't even know if I'd want Ubbi to try it.

And the best news: there won't be a power curve on multiplayer. The unlocks will be trade offs. Love you, Jason. :*