PDA

View Full Version : Can We Cycle Between Factions(Multiplayer)

TrikRisk
06-22-2016, 09:35 PM
That's it. Can we cycle between factions or do we have to commit to one in the multiplayer?

Personally, commiting to one faction would be really nice, I totally love that and even more in For Honor because choosing something that you like and it would make a difference in your playstyle so your choice would truely be a choice and not like some games where it just changes your race.

It would also make since that we'd have to choose a faction from the get go because in a clan/guilod would not make sense to have different people being liking/being different Factions on their "free time". So a clan/guild would consist only of "The Chosen" lovers and so on.

Willaguy2010
06-22-2016, 10:17 PM
We do not know yet.

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-22-2016, 10:27 PM
You can swap characters and factions. Everytime you respawn you can switch your character.

TrikRisk
06-22-2016, 10:28 PM
but you cant switch your faction, right? and do you know if people have to be the same faction in a team?

and how did you get invited for the Alpha!? I want it too... or the beta...

Pallbearer7
06-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Though it's a neat idea to stick to a faction because of making a real choice, I don't think they would lock players into a certain play style permanently just because it would be cool. There would be enormous complaints and annoyances. For the entire lifetime of the game I doubt you would want to permanently be one kind of warrior. It would eventually get old.

Deadshot.
06-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Though it's a neat idea to stick to a faction because of making a real choice, I don't think they would lock players into a certain play style permanently just because it would be cool. There would be enormous complaints and annoyances. For the entire lifetime of the game I doubt you would want to permanently be one kind of warrior. It would eventually get old.

I would never want to be stuck as just one faction. That's like only buying one-third of the game.
Sure, I'll have my preferences, of course - but while I plan to get proficient in one particular faction at a time, once I'm decent with it, I'll be wanting to get proficient at another type. That way, if I come up against players that have a specific playstyle, I'll be able to adapt to it to better support my team.

Kerniac69
06-23-2016, 06:27 PM
I would never want to be stuck as just one faction. That's like only buying one-third of the game.
Sure, I'll have my preferences, of course - but while I plan to get proficient in one particular faction at a time, once I'm decent with it, I'll be wanting to get proficient at another type. That way, if I come up against players that have a specific playstyle, I'll be able to adapt to it to better support my team.

We got a real player here ! Congratulations. That's the way everyone of us should play (in my opinion).

DerHerbman
06-23-2016, 06:43 PM
There will be enough choices in one faction. For example the Vikings will have fast and weak characters and also have slow and strong characters!
So no need to switch because of tactic.
I would prefer to stuck with one faction per match. Would it make sence to fight with mixed groups? Would a viking along side with the samurai?
I think there will be a gamemode where you can play faction vs faction and there will be open gamemodes. So everyone is satisfied!

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 06:46 PM
Not committing to a faction and then being locked from the others---unless, again, they do it like Planetside, with multiple accounts---but I certainly would like to be committed to a faction within a match (so, no mixed teams).

There will be enough choices in one faction. For example the Vikings will have fast and weak characters and also have slow and strong characters!
So no need to switch because of tactic.!

Also, this.

Pallbearer7
06-23-2016, 07:15 PM
I would prefer to stuck with one faction per match. Would it make sence to fight with mixed groups? Would a viking along side with the samurai?
I think there will be a gamemode where you can play faction vs faction and there will be open gamemodes. So everyone is satisfied!

While there will be a good variety within each faction it is important to note that as someone mentioned on this forum each class has actual move sets, meaning you can perform certain combos and specific moves as a class that no other class in the game can do, regardless of speed or power. So being locked out an entire two other factions is a big deal!

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 07:16 PM
The idea of pledging loyalty to one factions and earning points from them as you play but still being able to play any character would be cool.

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 07:53 PM
While there will be a good variety within each faction it is important to note that as someone mentioned on this forum each class has actual move sets, meaning you can perform certain combos and specific moves as a class that no other class in the game can do, regardless of speed or power. So being locked out an entire two other factions is a big deal!

I think that's a slight misinterpretation.

I think that each Faction has small variances in how they move, attack, and guard-break, but every faction will have Heroes in them that have analogues in every other faction---so, every faction will have a relatively balanced character that has a two handed weapon (Warden, Raider, Kensei)---but one faction might have a Hero with a shield and another might have one dual wielding, or one faction might have a hero with an odd weapon (fingers crossed for kusarigama :p).

Whatever the combination, every faction will have their own version of an archetype (say, quick but low in defense, like the Oni/Orochi), but with nuances that make them gel with their faction.

Deadshot.
06-23-2016, 08:22 PM

My comment may have been misinterpreted.

I'm fine staying as whatever faction I pick for whatever match there is - but I don't want to be stuck as, say, a Viking, for my entire multiplayer career.
For that matter, I may feel the need to switch to knight in the next match I play.
I wouldn't want mixed factions on the same team fighting mixed factions on another team. I think that would be a little ridiculous and take away from the loose realism that Ubi is going for.

I simply don't want to have to be stuck playing as a Viking until I delete the character to play as a knight or something.

My apologies for leading you guys to think I was saying something else. I probably misinterpreted the OP question...I thought it meant overall.

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't want mixed factions on the same team fighting mixed factions on another team. I think that would be a little ridiculous and take away from the loose realism that Ubi is going for.

I don't think that it would be such a far off guess to think that the Blackstone legion would be inducting recruits from all the factions and if that's the case, would it be so bad to see the same thing with mixed faction teams in the multiplayer?

Willaguy2010
06-23-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't think that it would be such a far off guess to think that the Blackstone legion would be inducting recruits from all the factions and if that's the case, would it be so bad to see the same thing with mixed faction teams in the multiplayer?

Well Jason said that the black stone legion is a faction within the Knights, like how the Legions is a faction within the Knights as well. So I don't think they would be recruiting from other factions, but that's just speculation. I'd prefer to either not have mixed factions or have mixed faction battles be a separate mode from the regular mode.

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 09:44 PM
Well Jason said that the black stone legion is a faction within the Knights, like how the Legions is a faction within the Knights as well. So I don't think they would be recruiting from other factions, but that's just speculation. I'd prefer to either not have mixed factions or have mixed faction battles be a separate mode from the regular mode.

Oooooh ok :) Yeah separate game modes is probably best.

BoldAlphawolf
06-23-2016, 09:48 PM
you can switch your faction in multiplayer, at the e3 2015 Q and A they said each faction will have seven class's to choose from an you can switch between faction's when youd like.

coma987
06-23-2016, 09:49 PM
you can switch your faction in multiplayer, at the e3 2015 Q and A they said each faction will have seven class's to choose from an you can switch between faction's when youd like.

7 Heroes?!? Da fuq can I have a link.

Deadshot.
06-23-2016, 10:43 PM
May have just been talking about loadouts.
I saw seven or eight choices, for example, when they did the sample run for the first part of the campaign.
Hence, the guy playing picked a chick.

Technically, however, that may mean only FOUR loadouts with male/female choices.
For that matter, single player loadouts are probably COMPLETELY different, so ignore me.

It's all just speculation for now.

BoldAlphawolf
06-24-2016, 05:33 PM
May have just been talking about loadouts.
I saw seven or eight choices, for example, when they did the sample run for the first part of the campaign.
Hence, the guy playing picked a chick.

Technically, however, that may mean only FOUR loadouts with male/female choices.
For that matter, single player loadouts are probably COMPLETELY different, so ignore me.

It's all just speculation for now.

No you customize each load out yourself.

BoldAlphawolf
06-24-2016, 05:37 PM
7 Heroes?!? Da fuq can I have a link.

This is my mistake in the interview jason vanderberge said several not seven, my Excited mind instantly interpreted that as seven different class's But the good new's is it does mean more then four an maybe he did mean seven, A couple is really two but some people mean more then two when they say a couple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlU_6bgA0po Each faction has several hero's 27:50

TrikRisk
06-24-2016, 07:13 PM

Off course that would b the main strategy of the game. Yes, it makes sense that we can be every faction.

TrikRisk
06-24-2016, 07:15 PM

Yes, this is mandatory. But binding yourself to a faction wouldnt be. (which I said it before but now i changed opinion because you people showed me the way)

TrikRisk
06-24-2016, 07:17 PM
The idea of pledging loyalty to one factions and earning points from them as you play but still being able to play any character would be cool.

Lol, you actually made the most sense for this topic. I mean, that is what it should be and you said so little. Best response. But still, no mixed factions fighting please.