PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk again about the color of armors please ?

Number_06
06-22-2016, 07:51 PM
Hey people, i already saw some thread about this topic but i think that we can go further with what we saw in E3 and i think this will be major for the immersion . Are you not tired to fight as a red or a blue warrior ? In fact inside the campaign mission the vikings are blue and samurais are red, and for player against player gameplay we saw it was the same for knights and samurais.

For me two issues are conceivable to resolve this, it will bring something more to the game:

-each factions has one or more colors for it self only (what could be really nice).
Or
-you can custom your warrior as you like cause we can easily differentiate warriors of each factions (what could be good too).

So then we could speculate on this or just say that we are going to play as a blue or red warrior and the game will be awesome anyway, but i saw something bros, watch this out:

http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/fr-FR/game-info/knight/index.aspx

on for honor website we can see that each faction already have two or three colors and each of them means something :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/324872knightscolorsforumforhonor.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=324872knightscolorsforumforhonor.png )

Knights : Yellow for strength and knowledge, green for hope and stability
Samurais : cyan for immortality and spirituality, brown for control and serenity.
Vikings : Red for passion and danger, black for death and harshness.

So now what about this, i saw no one talking about in the forum maybe i missed it, i would hear you on that.

See you warriors.

Willaguy2010
06-22-2016, 09:28 PM
I would really like it if each faction had their own color, the only problem with this is if there are mixed faction matches, then we'd have to do blue and red for defenders and attackers.

waraidako
06-22-2016, 09:49 PM
"Have to" is a strong term. There actually isn't anything that says we have to do that. Vikings could always be team red, knights could always be team yellow, and samurai could always be team cyan. That's entirely viable. You don't have to change the team colour to be relative to the player or objective. There's nothing stopping them from being constant throughout the game.

Willaguy2010
06-22-2016, 10:15 PM
It would be hard to differentiate enemies from allies in a mixed match if their colors were constant no?

Runic
06-22-2016, 10:51 PM
I actually really like how overwatch deals with this. Your team will always appear as blue to you and the other team will always appear as red to you. Sometimes when I play Halo warzone I try to shoot my own team because I played the last 4 games as blue team and now I'm playing as red team, but my reflexes are still trying to shoot red targets.

Killerbrian26
06-22-2016, 10:52 PM
It would be hard to differentiate enemies from allies in a mixed match if their colors were constant no?

Perhaps they could make it something like, one teams Knights all have a primary color of green, while the others team's primary color is always Yellow.

waraidako
06-23-2016, 03:04 PM

That's assuming we have mixed matches. Is that even confirmed?

Willaguy2010
06-23-2016, 04:48 PM
That's assuming we have mixed matches. Is that even confirmed?

Neither mixed matches nor faction vs faction are confirmed, so it's just speculation at this point. Assuming that we do have mixed matches, which I wouldn't say is unlikely, having the teams be red and blue would make it easier to differentiate between friend or foe. I'd prefer each faction to have their own unique colors in a match, but I don't know how that would work if mixed matches are a thing.

Chaf--
06-23-2016, 04:56 PM
I hope teams could choose their own color, no matter the faction. Especially when we have serious team fights, with 4 players that knows each other per teams.
But in ranked, it could be focused on default color. Like the Legion always starts with yellow and one of the Legion team will be green if a mirror match is going on.

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 04:56 PM
I think its safe to say that mixed matches will be in the game as that wasin last alpha.

Number_06
06-23-2016, 05:05 PM
What about the meaning of each color for each faction ? It isn't a way of customisation or improvement ?

Chaf--
06-23-2016, 06:11 PM
I think its safe to say that mixed matches will be in the game as that wasin last alpha.

By that, you mean, Chosen, Legion and Warlords classes that could be in the same team, no matter their own faction?
I've kinda hoped that.

coma987
06-23-2016, 06:19 PM
By that, you mean, Chosen, Legion and Warlords classes that could be in the same team, no matter their own faction?
I've kinda hoped that.

Yeah, you select a hero you play as, rather than the faction.

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 06:41 PM

That could have been for testing purposes, since you could only select the Warden or the Oni. Rather than have players wait to be matched with three other people that chose the same Hero as them, it would be much easier to simply throw people into a match as whomever they picked.

It just makes the test run smoother.

I've kinda hoped that.

See, and I'm hoping against it, as I feel it undermines the major thematic element and unique flavour the game has going for it---three factions warring against one another. That is destroyed if all the factions are suddenly mix-matched on random teams.

As far as team colours go, I agree with Runic. Your team could just appear Blue to you and the enemy team could appear Red. To further this, I noticed that in the Viking campaign mission, the Vikings were all Cyan and the Samurai were all Red, which seems to negate the colouring conventions put forth on the site.

Alternatively, if every mode is divided into Attackers and Defenders (as was shown in Dominion), then Attackers could always be Red, and Defenders could always be Blue. To go along with this, there was another thread [click (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1339305-Team-colors)] made about team colours a few months ago, in which it was suggested that players still be able to customise colours in the vein of Rocket League---you customise in separate menus the Blue team (Teal to Violet) and Red team (Pink to Yellow). And they could always constrain the colour options more than Rocket League, or make them more subdued, just so you don't have Vikings in ridiculously bright pink armour, but instead something like a washed out red, or more salmon colour.

coma987
06-23-2016, 06:43 PM
That could have been for testing purposes, since you could only select the Warden or the Oni. Rather than have players wait to be matched with three other people that chose the same Hero as them, it would be much easier to simply throw people into a match as whomever they picked.

It just makes the test run smoother.

See, and I'm hoping against it, as I feel it undermines the major thematic element and unique flavour the game has going for it---three factions warring against one another. That is destroyed if all the factions are suddenly mix-matched on random teams.

As far as team colours go, I agree with Runic. Your team could just appear Blue to you and the enemy team could appear Red. To further this, I noticed that in the Viking campaign mission, the Vikings were all Cyan and the Samurai were all Red, which seems to negate the colouring conventions put forth on the site.

Alternatively, if every mode is divided into Attackers and Defenders (as was shown in Dominion), then Attackers could always be Red, and Defenders could always be Blue. To go along with this, there was another thread [click (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1339305-Team-colors)] made about team colours a few months ago, in which it was suggested that players still be able to customise colours in the vein of Rocket League---you customise in separate menus the Blue team (Teal to Violet) and Red team (Pink to Yellow). And they could always constrain the colour options more than Rocket League, or make them more subdued, just so you don't have Vikings in ridiculously bright pink armour, but instead something like a washed out red, or more salmon colour.

Random fact, when you are in the first mission, when it teaches you how to play. The demonstration version of the warden is green. So maybe there is going to be like a free for all mode which gives a set colour to factions. Like Green for Knights, red for Samurai and Blue for Viking.

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Random fact, when you are in the first mission, when it teaches you how to play. The demonstration version of the warden is green. So maybe there is going to be like a free for all mode which gives a set colour to factions. Like Green for Knights, red for Samurai and Blue for Viking.

I didn't notice. I thought they were Cyan as well.

I do remember Holden's knights being Yellow, though.

If they do a game mode where all factions are there at once, like people have asked for, then I suspect you're right. Then they could use the colour schemes on the site.

premiumart
06-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Im pretty sure there are armor skins in mp too. Yeah sure the old screenshots only show shades of blue but they already said there are different patterns ( and colors ?) before we even knew about the sp campaign.

premiumart
06-23-2016, 08:00 PM
I actually really like how overwatch deals with this. Your team will always appear as blue to you and the other team will always appear as red to you. Sometimes when I play Halo warzone I try to shoot my own team because I played the last 4 games as blue team and now I'm playing as red team, but my reflexes are still trying to shoot red targets.

Well as i remeber overwatch the enemy can have different colored skins they just glow red, right ? So you could even have different skins and colors and still know who your enemy is.

Number_06
06-23-2016, 08:14 PM
What about the meaning of each color for each faction ? It isn't a way of customisation or improvement ?

Up about this please.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/826762vikingscolorsforhonorforum.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=826762vikingscolorsforhonorforum.png )

it would be so cool if all this words could be used in some skills or improvements in the game.

BoldAlphawolf
06-23-2016, 08:31 PM
You will be able to test your steel against a different faction and also your own, the demo from e3 2015 has knight vs knight, ive never seen them present something at e3 in a demo an then make majior changes to it later me personally i wouldnt get bored of chopping up the same faction, but that's just my cup of tea, but also i do think it is important to mix it up some. im curious to know wha the que times will be like.

Sarcasticjab
06-23-2016, 09:05 PM
It would be kind of neat if each faction had their own defender colour (maybe the darker one) and an attacker colour (maybe the lighter one) It could get a little confusing with mixed teams, but you could also just standardize mixed gametypes.

Willaguy2010
06-23-2016, 09:32 PM
It would be kind of neat if each faction had their own defender colour (maybe the darker one) and an attacker colour (maybe the lighter one) It could get a little confusing with mixed teams, but you could also just standardize mixed gametypes.

Yeah you could have the darker color, let's say green for the Knights for the defenders and the lighter color, yellow, for the attackers. If you're in a match against a different faction you could allow both factions to have their original two unique colors. I think that's a really good idea.

yote224
06-25-2016, 05:07 AM
I'm liking the idea as a sort of sports jersey. You have your home team (defending) uniform and an alternative uniform for your away games(attacking).

Willaguy2010
06-25-2016, 05:47 AM
Attackers Colors: Yellow (Knights), Red (Vikings), Teal (Samurai).
Defenders Colors: Green (Knights), Black (Vikings), Brown (Samurai).

If matched in a faction locked mode where a faction always fights a different faction it could be Yellow and Green for Knights, Red and Black for Vikings, and Teal and Brown for Samurai.