PDA

View Full Version : Three faction PvP battles

Perkolator94
06-22-2016, 05:44 PM
First, I just want to say how excited I am for this game! I don't think I've ever been so hype for a game before, especially with so many new games that I really disappoint me. For Honor looks like a game I have been waiting for for a while. With that said let's get to the topic at hand.

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the idea of a PvP mode where there are three teams so each faction is represented on a side. I feel like this mode could be pretty fun and makes sense with the game having 3 factions that are in constant conflict with one another. The cinematic trailer of the viking, knight, and samurai having that awesome three way duel (i don't know if it can be called a duel with 3 people) really made me hype for the possibility of all three factions fighting simultaneously in a PvP mode or even a few campaign missions. While this sounds cool, I wanted to hear from the rest of the community, especially those who have actually tried the game out. Is this practical? Are there serious balancing issues? I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.

MisterWillow
06-22-2016, 06:22 PM
This has been suggested before (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1178238-12-Player-Matches) and here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1183214-4v4v4-Faction-Brawl-(possible-new-gamemode))), and people seem pretty jazzed about the idea of it... even if we aren't quite sure how the mode should work. ;)

Pallbearer7
06-22-2016, 07:09 PM
I think the only problem with ideas like this is that there's bound to be an imbalance of people on each faction, and it's like you can just auto balance the team, because then people won't be the faction they picked. So I don't know how it could work ): but suffice to say it would be amazing if it could work.

Perhaps like a matchmaking queue where you pick a faction and then you wait to join a game where that faction is imbalanced

TripleJay_X
06-22-2016, 07:53 PM
ok, about pvp.... and another Game of Thrones idea... can we have 7 days hungered dogs? :D ... and if there is no enemy left they go hunt me if they still live or still hungry.

after a big killstreak or something, i can call my dogs...so the game doesn't get flooded with dogs ha

Altair_Snake
06-22-2016, 08:46 PM
Old RTS games used to have these confrontations between more than 2 teams. It doesn't work. If two teams decide to gang up on one, there is nothing this isolated team can do. And that can be very unfair and frustrating.

On campaign, however, this would be awesome and I hope it happens. There is one boss in Dark Souls 3, which I fought recently, that has a mechanic like this and it feels amazing. I literally get goosebumps just from remembering it. You arrive at the location and there are two guys fighting. Then you start fighting the guy who wins. Then out of the blue you get flanked by another, then you go "Oh, ****! I'm screwed", then the guy who flanked gets ganked out of nowhere from yet another guy. It's a beautiful Valhalla cluster****.

And Left Behind, The Last of Us's DLC also had mechanics kinda like this. But this is all good for campaign, only; not PvP.

It is also fair to mention that older AC games had wonderful PvP Free for All modes. But that only worked well due to the very unique gameplay, which is based on social stealth.

Perkolator94
06-23-2016, 03:53 AM
This has been suggested before (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1178238-12-Player-Matches) and here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1183214-4v4v4-Faction-Brawl-(possible-new-gamemode))), and people seem pretty jazzed about the idea of it... even if we aren't quite sure how the mode should work. ;)

Thanks for linking those two posts. After reading the two discussions there I see the issue with how to actually implement this mode. Needless to say, the devs would have to come up with a crazy, outside of the box idea to have a balanced three team fight, but damn, if they could pull it off it'd be such an awesome game mode.

BoldAlphawolf
06-23-2016, 09:10 PM
i can see this happening in a team death match where you need x amount of kill's team wide to win, in king of the hill too where you have to hold a battle front for x amount of time, but i think it would just be one person per faction with some minons to assist on king of the hill mode, other then that i dont see a three faction dominion mode it would be too chaotic, but some people like the chaos an constant scramble so idk.

RaveGodX
06-24-2016, 06:54 PM
This has worked forever in ESO, 3 factions sieges the whole nine yards, they even have side quests to do on PVP maps... it is very large however...

MisterWillow
06-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Thanks for linking those two posts. After reading the two discussions there I see the issue with how to actually implement this mode. Needless to say, the devs would have to come up with a crazy, outside of the box idea to have a balanced three team fight, but damn, if they could pull it off it'd be such an awesome game mode.

Welcome. :D

My vote is still for the king of the hill mode, if only for the dynamic of two teams working together for a bit to knock the capturing team out, and then immediately turning on each other to capture the point themselves. That sort of chaos would be glorious... or frustrating; but mostly glorious!

Willaguy2010
06-24-2016, 07:55 PM
This has worked forever in ESO, 3 factions sieges the whole nine yards, they even have side quests to do on PVP maps... it is very large however...

ESO is pretty different from For Honor though. The combat mechanics aren't nearly the same, and ESO has a huge combination of buffs and debuffs that all culminate into a slower TTK. I wouldn't call it a fair comparison.