PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the same faction?

Necrotyrannus
06-21-2016, 10:12 PM
Are the factions open-pick? Like, can you play a match where it's just knight vs knight, or viking vs viking, or samurai vs samurai? My apologies if this has been covered.

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 10:55 PM
I'm pretty sure a team of Knights will be able to fight another team of Knights (same for Vikings and Samurai). I'm not really sure why this wouldn't be possible.

We have no definitive details on anything, though.

Sir_Beefing
06-21-2016, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the forum :D

Not a lot has been said about game modes but from what we know you will be able to play with any faction vs any faction :) a few people are hoping for faction vs faction.

Runic
06-21-2016, 11:32 PM
This may be needed to answer those "who is the better Viking" arguments.

Pallbearer7
06-21-2016, 11:39 PM
This may be needed to answer those "who is the better Viking" arguments.

Exactly. What kind of dueling game would it be if factions couldn't spar with each other for practice?

Deadshot.
06-22-2016, 09:23 PM
I would have sworn that we'd already seen a video of blue knights versus red knights, but I've been mistaken before.
Don't really see any reason not to allow something like this.

Not all the knights liked the other knights...

Take the black knight, for example.... or Brave Sir Robin...

TrikRisk
06-22-2016, 10:27 PM
Well I have said that his was a "dumb"(resumed in a word) idea but as the Blackstone Legion exists in the game and they have wardens(have not seen a viking or a chosen there) it would be nice that all the factions could join the blackstone legion and then it would make sense in the multiplayer for "same faction" units to fight each other. but then again it wouldnt be an all samurai team or all viking or all something, forever. no one would truely be the chosen, or the warden or the vikings(i believe they have another name but cant remember), they would always be the Blackstone legion. only if people were lucky to be in a team that all the other members of the team would like to be the same faction as you or being part of an exclusive Faction Guild(only chosen, etc).
This is an impass... a problem. Ill create a thread tomorrow

Necrotyrannus
06-23-2016, 04:16 AM
Ah, good. I can definitely tolerate the non-historical attitude of the game, in fact that's totally fine. That said, I really wanted that option.

Willaguy2010
06-23-2016, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the forum :D

Not a lot has been said about game modes but from what we know you will be able to play with any faction vs any faction :) a few people are hoping for faction vs faction.

I don't recall any dev confirming that any faction vs any faction will be in the complete game. In the demoes and alpha there was Knights vs Knights and mixed factions but we don't know if that is how it will be in the final game or if it was like that for testing purposes.

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-23-2016, 08:38 AM
I really hope that we wont have mixed teams, I want to play on a team of Vikings, not on a team as a Viking. I don't mind playing as a team of Vikings verses another team of Vikings, I don't think matchmaking like that would be too difficult, only problem might be if one faction is objectively weak (Balancing wise) and if you want to play as them you face a long wait time because nobody else wants to.

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 11:20 AM
I really hope that we wont have mixed teams, I want to play on a team of Vikings, not on a team as a Viking. I don't mind playing as a team of Vikings verses another team of Vikings, I don't think matchmaking like that would be too difficult, only problem might be if one faction is objectively weak (Balancing wise) and if you want to play as them you face a long wait time because nobody else wants to.

The problem of long matchmaking queue times would also be a thing. Vikings are looking like they are going to be the most popular faction so if you want to play as them its likely that you will have to wait longer then the other factions.

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-23-2016, 03:38 PM
The problem of long matchmaking queue times would also be a thing. Vikings are looking like they are going to be the most popular faction so if you want to play as them its likely that you will have to wait longer then the other factions.

Not if the matches could also be Viking vs Viking, then you would match at normal speed, but often face another group of Vikings. And if that happened people would gravitate towards one of the other factions to try and differentiate themselves, at least I think people normally want to feel unique?

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Not if the matches could also be Viking vs Viking, then you would match at normal speed, but often face another group of Vikings. And if that happened people would gravitate towards one of the other factions to try and differentiate themselves, at least I think people normally want to feel unique?

Putting factions vs the same factions is a good idea to solve the queue times but i for one would get bored of fighting the same faction over and over again, however that is unlikely to happen. I wouldn't think that there will be that many people wanting to play vikings, alot of people will probably be willing to change it up and play another faction.

Willaguy2010
06-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Let's not forget that those who voted in this poll are website members who have likely been waiting for the announcement of Vikings for a while. I suspect it will be a little more even when the entire public for this game decides what their faction will be come launch day.

Shinkirou_
06-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Well, there's this screenshot that looks like Knight vs Knight:

http://static9.cdn.ubisoft.com/resource/en-US/game/forhonor/game/SI0040_Harrowgate_Legions_at_war_v3_208409.jpg

Willaguy2010
06-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Well, there's this screenshot that looks like Knight vs Knight:

http://static9.cdn.ubisoft.com/resource/en-US/game/forhonor/game/SI0040_Harrowgate_Legions_at_war_v3_208409.jpg

A lot of knight vs knight screenshots and game plays came from last year when all the public saw was knight versus knight gameplay because they didn't reveal any other heroes. The Oni from the Samurai was showcased in a few vids and in the Alpha, but apart from that all we had last year was knight versus knight.

premiumart
06-23-2016, 08:14 PM
A lot of knight vs knight screenshots and game plays came from last year when all the public saw was knight versus knight gameplay because they didn't reveal any other heroes. The Oni from the Samurai was showcased in a few vids and in the Alpha, but apart from that all we had last year was knight versus knight.

Or it maybe is legion vs blackstone legion ? I mean battles between the same faction could be explained as "they are allies to Apollyon" right ?

coma987
06-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Or it maybe is legion vs blackstone legion ? I mean battles between the same faction could be explained as "they are allies to Apollyon" right ?

Knights are separated into legions. Blackstone legion is one of them, but they are pretty powerful. In the Alpha you selected a hero rather than a faction.

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-30-2016, 01:48 AM
Knights are separated into legions. Blackstone legion is one of them, but they are pretty powerful. In the Alpha you selected a hero rather than a faction.

That was hopefully just because they didn't have the other heros ready, the game would lose a lot of it's appeal if they went for mixed teams (in my opinion).

waraidako
06-30-2016, 08:15 AM

Not true, if you can fight against the same faction. Vikings historically fought amongst themselves, Knights did the same, as did Samurai. In fact, that's how Samurai became these fearsome warriors of legend. During the Sengoku period they fought each other for over 100 years. And when they were done practicing on each other they were a nation of elite warriors, ready to conquer the rest of Asia.

Unfortunately for them they had been fighting land wars, and still sucked at naval warfare. And unfortunately for them, Yi Soon Shin, legendary badass and national hero of Korea, didn't.