PDA

View Full Version : If your a Knight will you fave to fight along another team of knight's?

BoldAlphawolf
06-21-2016, 01:46 PM
Will it be set up so you you can only fight alongside your faction or can teams be blended?

coma987
06-21-2016, 02:54 PM
My guess is that there will be 2 variants of game modes. Like Dominion and Dominion mixed, Dominion would be where each team is assigned a faction, while mixed anyone can go anywhere. I would say what I know from the Alpha but NDA so, 4 years and 4 months I can tell you. ;)

StandardAce
06-21-2016, 03:00 PM
My guess is that there will be 2 variants of game modes. Like Dominion and Dominion mixed, Dominion would be where each team is assigned a faction, while mixed anyone can go anywhere. I would say what I know from the Alpha but NDA so, 4 years and 4 months I can tell you. ;)

^ Yeah, seems about right.:)

BaconBusterYT
06-21-2016, 03:30 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. I'd guess tournaments would use a mixed mode, as well as (maybe) the online ranked mode(assuming there is one, but given the type of game this is, there likely will be).

Eidard
06-21-2016, 03:34 PM

I don't know who said it, but I think I did read somewhere that in the alpha you could mix the teams, but it was probably because of the low number of players and classes in it.

But anyway, I hope that for Ranked there won't be mixed teams, in "quick play"/"normal" I wouldn't mind mixed teams.

BaconBusterYT
06-21-2016, 03:38 PM
I don't know who said it, but I think I did read somewhere that in the alpha you could mix the teams, but it was probably because of the low number of players and classes in it.

But anyway, I hope that for Ranked there won't be mixed teams, in "quick play"/"normal" I wouldn't mind mixed teams.

Actually, I think it would make more sense the other way around. In the "quick play" you'd be fighting alongside a faction, but ranked would give you the freedom to play a class you're better at. Maybe have one mode of each for both?

Eidard
06-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Actually, I think it would make more sense the other way around. In the "quick play" you'd be fighting alongside a faction, but ranked would give you the freedom to play a class you're better at. Maybe have one mode of each for both?

That is why it shouldn't be mixed teams in ranked, you shouldn't have the freedom to always play the same class/faction, it is ranked, the very best should be at the top, if you are good just with one character and are not able to adapt to other classes and factions you are not the very best, you are just really good with one character, and I am saying this as a guy who it is used to main just 1 champion in MOBAs.

At least is the way I see it, maybe it is fine to have mixed team, for me the idea it is a bit weird though, we will see.

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm actually very much against mixing factions, as I feel it undermines the game's major thematic element (which I go into in more detail here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1351587-Playing-as-different-factions-in-a-team)).

However, seeing some of the arguments above, particularly the ones regarding ranked play (especially that you should be able to play the Hero you're best with), I might be alright with having the variant idea....

waraidako
06-21-2016, 11:13 PM
Mixing doesn't make sense. Unless later in the story they all band together to fight whatever her name was. The big bad.

MathiasCB
06-22-2016, 01:25 AM
I for one do certainly not support mixing teams in ranked.
You're still going to be able to play the character you'd want to.
Then again, might be harder to go ranked with your pal who likes Knight while you may lean towards the samurai way.
Best would be more than one ranked ladder to climb. One mixed and one which brings the real deal.
Maybe a Little bit like Rocket League has done. Could be things like...
1v1 Duel ranked
4v4 Mixed ranked
4v4 Casual ranked
Stuff like that.

If this game would go esport, I would be much more entertained looking at matches between full teams of vikings against Knights instead of mixed teams.

MisterWillow
06-22-2016, 02:07 AM
Then again, might be harder to go ranked with your pal who likes Knight while you may lean towards the samurai way.

That's really the only thing that kind of makes me reconsider... but then I think of a Knight/Samurai team in a tournament and something about it doesn't seem right.