PDA

View Full Version : Our player names.

Quikkfeet
06-21-2016, 01:23 AM
Would we be able to choose a name in game for multiplayer? Or would we be stuck with our PSN name?

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 03:00 AM
I feel like it would be more expedient---and clear for all the other players---if all players were identifiable by their Xbox, PSN, or Steam handle.

Otherwise, you'd run the risk of running into a whole team all named Sir Fancypants...

MathiasCB
06-21-2016, 03:16 AM
I feel like it would be more expedient---and clear for all the other players---if all players were identifiable by their Xbox, PSN, or Steam handle.

Otherwise, you'd run the risk of running into a whole team all named Sir Fancypants...

Can't say I wouldn't enjoy fighting that team... ;)

Runic
06-21-2016, 05:16 AM
I can't think of any PS or xbox multiplayer games that do not use your gamertag. Does PS let you change your name yet? Either way I will be playing on xbox as "Runic".

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Can't say I wouldn't enjoy fighting that team... ;)

I hear they're all fabulous. :p

I can't think of any PS or xbox multiplayer games that do not use your gamertag. Does PS let you change your name yet? Either way I will be playing on xbox as "Runic".

Nope.

When the PS4 came out I made a new account as MisterWillow... prior to that I was Byronic-Knight (and I was getting sick of it).

Sir_Beefing
06-21-2016, 10:00 AM
prior to that I was Byronic-Knight (and I was getting sick of it).

And know your a viking?! Traitor!!! :p

premiumart
06-21-2016, 10:40 AM
I
When the PS4 came out I made a new account as MisterWillow... prior to that I was Byronic-Knight (and I was getting sick of it).

Sounds familiar....

When i bought a ps4 i already had destiny for ps3 so i couldnt just have changed accounts without losing that progress.

My PSN name is also all lower case letters. thats kinda weird already.

But who gives a ****. XD

waraidako
06-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 let you name your character, and let you pick ingame whether you want other players to see your character name, or your PSN name.

I'm not a fan of having it be your PSN account name. They're limited since you can't change them, and they have to be unique, so everyone is named something dumb like kill3rgh0st_1998 etc. etc.
I think they should definitely go the Dark Souls 3 route and let you pick your own name, but no symbols or numerals. That used to be a big part of gamer culture, your online name. Back in the days when everyone played Counter-Strike and Quake and all of those games. It wasn't a problem, if you entered a game where someone had the same name as you, the game would just add a (2) at the end of your name during that game. Simple. I don't understand why they had to screw with it. It was never an issue.

Pirate_Benz
06-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Please, Please Don't say i have to use this name!

StandardAce
06-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Please, Please Don't say i have to use this name!

Haha. You can change it if you like in the settings somewhere : ' )

premiumart
06-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Also if you could create a ingame name it had to be separately for all heroes, cause the name for a raider wouldnt fit a Kensei and vice versa.

It would be cool though if you could be known as a certain hero instead of just a psn name.

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 06:59 PM
And know your a viking?! Traitor!!! :p

What can I say... they have better parties. :p

Sounds familiar....

If you played Killzone 2 I was always on there. I came just shy of getting the 1%-in-the-world ribbon/trophy several times but could never quite make it (I think the week I got my 3% ribbon/trophy, I checked the rankings and was only two ranks down from getting the 1%... so bummed).

Also played a lot of Uncharted 2 and 3 (the new one would be great if I didn't get disconnected constantly :mad:)

Both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 let you name your character, and let you pick ingame whether you want other players to see your character name, or your PSN name.

That's a good point, actually.

Number_06
06-21-2016, 07:21 PM
i think devs are able to let you choose if u want to play with your gamertag or with Uplay nickname bros, i already saw that on the part of a game but i can't remember.

Dead1y-Derri
06-21-2016, 09:54 PM
I think for simplicity that it should be PSN name/Xbox Gamertag / PC Platform (steam or uplay name) just for the fact most MP games have it this way and it makes adding friends easier and keeps names reasonable.

Runic
06-21-2016, 11:52 PM
I think for simplicity that it should be PSN name/Xbox Gamertag / PC Platform (steam or uplay name) just for the fact most MP games have it this way and it makes adding friends easier and keeps names reasonable.

Agreed. It only really sucks for PSN players as you can't change thier name, but that is something PSN really needs to address, not For Honor.

Deadshot.
06-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Mehhh... quite honestly, I barely ever look at the names anyway... unless every single character looks the same.

Most of the time, I just identify them by their character and go, "There's that ugly ba$tard! I'm gonna get him!!"

....and sometimes, "Whoops...there's that ugly ba$tard! Let's attack over here instead..."

=)