PDA

View Full Version : problems with joystick keybindings and newview in multiplayer

hsj
02-29-2004, 03:25 AM
(this post might qualify for the tech help forum so moderators feel free to move it)

I've been configuring my joystick (MS SideWinder Precision2) more and more, moving more functions to the buttons trying to get rid of the keyboard altogether. I have buttons on the joystick base unit assigned as ctrl, alt and shift and then use those with other joystick buttons to assign about 12-15 commands to my stick. this is good.

I also have newview for situational awareness (trackir in the mail btw http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This is all good and works very well in single player missions. However when I go online I find that my joystick keybinds don't work.. FB doesn't recognize the joystick buttons as ctrl, alt or shift - just JoyButton 5,7 and 8. Also NewView occasionally doesn't work either online.

To fix this I have to "kickstart" these functions by starting the joystick config or the newview config and starting FB in single player getting it working there.. and then and only then it starts working in multiplayer online.

anyone know whats going on?

hsj
02-29-2004, 03:25 AM
(this post might qualify for the tech help forum so moderators feel free to move it)

I've been configuring my joystick (MS SideWinder Precision2) more and more, moving more functions to the buttons trying to get rid of the keyboard altogether. I have buttons on the joystick base unit assigned as ctrl, alt and shift and then use those with other joystick buttons to assign about 12-15 commands to my stick. this is good.

I also have newview for situational awareness (trackir in the mail btw http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This is all good and works very well in single player missions. However when I go online I find that my joystick keybinds don't work.. FB doesn't recognize the joystick buttons as ctrl, alt or shift - just JoyButton 5,7 and 8. Also NewView occasionally doesn't work either online.

To fix this I have to "kickstart" these functions by starting the joystick config or the newview config and starting FB in single player getting it working there.. and then and only then it starts working in multiplayer online.

anyone know whats going on?