PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Top Player / Star Player AMA

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 12:21 AM
I was one of the top players for the Closed Alpha and also one of the Star Players for For Honor with extensive hands on experience with the game at E3.

I'll be able to answer anything that's currently revealed online - in depth if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Edit: I was #1 across all daily leaderboards for the PC Technical Test. I am now offering coaching lessons to those that are interested in the game (Only allowed to use publically revealed knowledge/footage/content)!

I hope this will help prepare you for the September technical test.
I will also be at PAX West, so expect to see me there doing my best to help out anyone I can = )

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 12:49 AM
Btw this goes for combat mechanics, classes, Factions etc.

Pallbearer7
06-20-2016, 02:15 AM
Do you think the combat system has real depth and longevity? I know we all think it looks really cool and fun, and the general consensus from people who've played at E3 is that it's definitely fun. But with prolonged exposure and play, does it begin to feel like the skill ceiling is low? Does it stop being awesome?

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 02:21 AM
Skill ceiling is quite high.

You have the parry system, you also have feints, you have the revenge system to deal with gankers. IMO it's has incredible depth and feels great. I think with constant updates and bug squashing the game should last quite a long time.

You will definitely see a difference, between those who aren't skilled and those who are quite skilled.

MathiasCB
06-20-2016, 02:29 AM
Skill ceiling is quite high.

You have the parry system, you also have feints, you have the revenge system to deal with gankers. IMO it's has incredible depth and feels great. I think with constant updates and bug squashing the game should last quite a long time.

You will definitely see a difference, between those who aren't skilled and those who are quite skilled.

As I haven't been able to try out revenge first hand.. Did you get to try it out in a multiplayer match? Could it really save you from a backstabbing ganker or such?

Quikkfeet
06-20-2016, 02:43 AM
As a player who has only seen footage from a distance, this is a game I want to master and hopefully reach the top of the ranks in PvP. What are some tips or advice to really be on another level than your opponent? Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

Casp3r42
06-20-2016, 04:17 AM
What unique abilities/combos did the viking have? How did he compare to the Warden? Was anything different about the Warden from the alpha? What are your thoughts on the new attack indicators? What are your thoughts on the revenge mechanic, did you find it overpowered? How easy did you find fights where you were outnumbered? Did the campaign feel repetitive to you at all? How challenging was the boss fight? Does stamina still work the same way it did in the alpha? And for a final troll question: How many parry attempts did you fail? :P

Fatal-Feit
06-20-2016, 05:20 AM
How does the Raider stack up against the Oni and Warden? For example, was he more tankier than the Warden? How does he feel as a new addition, overall?

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 05:51 AM
As I haven't been able to try out revenge first hand.. Did you get to try it out in a multiplayer match? Could it really save you from a backstabbing ganker or such?

After trying it out on the viking campaign (no MP was being shown or demo'd at E3), it CAN save you. It prevents guard breaks and also gives you super armor as well as no limit to your attacks. That means you can keep attacking until it runs out. You also get slight: attack speed, damage, movement.

Only downside to revenge is the fact you CAN be blocked against or parried.

Revenge also enables you to perfect parry and knock the enemy down if you activate RIGHT before their attack hits, so timing is everything.

This system is made for 2v1 situations as the only way to activate it, is by blocking, parrying and getting hit multiple times in a short duration.

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 05:54 AM
As a player who has only seen footage from a distance, this is a game I want to master and hopefully reach the top of the ranks in PvP. What are some tips or advice to really be on another level than your opponent? Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

There's an tab in the options menu called "Moveset" you need to master every system move in there for each character and know their moves as well. Proper use of perfect parry, guard breaks, feints environment kills and revenge mode will put you leagues ahead of other users.

During capture modes, always go for minion kills if you can and rack up those points!

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 06:03 AM
What unique abilities/combos did the viking have? How did he compare to the Warden? Was anything different about the Warden from the alpha? What are your thoughts on the new attack indicators? What are your thoughts on the revenge mechanic, did you find it overpowered? How easy did you find fights where you were outnumbered? Did the campaign feel repetitive to you at all? How challenging was the boss fight? Does stamina still work the same way it did in the alpha? And for a final troll question: How many parry attempts did you fail? :P

Warden: Warden has two new changes that stood out to me. You can now light attack in a charged push, instead of dodging and charge pushing. They also took out the "slash/stab" combo when you use the light attack while holding right on the right stick. Instead they enabled it for both sides (left/right) but it's two quick slashes instead and the second attack is "guaranteed" but does reduced damage compared to the "first" hit on the enemy. Other than that, the move-set is the same.

Viking: Compared to the Warden, the Viking (Raider) can chain 3 light attacks, or 3 heavy attacks in a row. A light attack can not be combo'd into a heavy attack. They do however get a "daze" effect on the second light attack hit (Same with the Kenshin) which dazes you and prevents the attack indicator from showing when hit and blurs the screen somewhat. The Viking can also do unblockable heavy attacks by holding back on the left stick while holding left or right on the right stick (overheads can't be unblockable), it will show an orange glow when being done. For example: Left heavy, left heavy, right unblockable. Lastly they can guard break into a grab charge which only moves "forward" they can also grab you and throw you backwards, but can't charge you backwards if they are in front of you. So if there's a ledge far behind them, they can't grab you and charge you off of it, unless your back is towards the ledge itself and you're close or their back is close to it.

Revenge mechanic is designed for 2v1 situations. It can be OP in 1v1 situations if used properly, but you CAN block and parry with the right skillful player.

You can switch targets mid combo, so multiple people is a lot easier to deal with.

Campaign felt amazing and wasn't repetitive = )

Boss fight was challenging because he used all the mechanics that weren't in the closed Alpha test 1 so it took me a good 5 mins to figure everything out (Hate you Saburo). That includes swiping aside my guard breaks, using revenge mode, and perfect parrying me.

Stamina works exactly the same as before, but just has a green bar instead.

I was known as the parry master in the Closed Alpha. I don't miss my parry's. But honestly I did a few due to the new attack indicators which I wasn't used to xD

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 06:10 AM
How does the Raider stack up against the Oni and Warden? For example, was he more tankier than the Warden? How does he feel as a new addition, overall?

Raider is slow but has VERY powerful attacks, and also unblockable heavy attacks as well.

Oni is now called "Orochi" Orochi is the assassin class, which is made to counter the Raider if played properly due to mobility. I don't know about the Warden, but since they do have a stun and the warden doesn't they can do well against them. The only downside is that they don't have unblockable overheads and if they do an overhead heavy, wardens still have their top back riposte =P

He felt like a viking, and I know you guys will love playing him.

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 06:12 AM
3 confirmed classes so far for each factions.

Champion: Warden, Raider, Kensai (Playable in Campaign only and in MP).

Tank: Shugouki, Lawbringer (Not revealed third).

Assassin: Orochi (Not revealed two others).

Quikkfeet
06-20-2016, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the advice.. If you were to guess, when would you say the Alpha would start. Just a wild guess lol.

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 12:41 PM
No idea buddy.

Sir_Beefing
06-20-2016, 12:47 PM
Do you see revenge mode becoming annoying that play against in multiplayer? It seems that there is know way of knowing when your opponent is going to activate it, im just thinking its going to get frustrating getting thrown on your *** every other fight and not being able to stop it.

Casp3r42
06-20-2016, 06:28 PM
After trying it out on the viking campaign (no MP was being shown or demo'd at E3), it CAN save you. It prevents guard breaks and also gives you super armor as well as no limit to your attacks. That means you can keep attacking until it runs out. You also get slight: attack speed, damage, movement.

Only downside to revenge is the fact you CAN be blocked against or parried.

Revenge also enables you to perfect parry and knock the enemy down if you activate RIGHT before their attack hits, so timing is everything.

This system is made for 2v1 situations as the only way to activate it, is by blocking, parrying and getting hit multiple times in a short duration.

Revenge mechanic is designed for 2v1 situations. It can be OP in 1v1 situations if used properly, but you CAN block and parry with the right skillful player.

So when activated its a magic parry that knocks enemies prone, then it gives you immunity to guard breaks, hyper-armor, no attack limit, buffed attack speed, damage, and movement. Does it make you a sandwich when you activate it too? I know there was definitely a need for some kind of comeback mechanic but this seems completely broken, merely being able to block or parry it isn't sufficient to balance such a powerful mechanic. Is the magic parry window for it at least the same as a normal parry?

Warden: Warden has two new changes that stood out to me. You can now light attack in a charged push, instead of dodging and charge pushing.

Ah, they implemented some of my suggestions for the push, good. From what i saw of the footage it looked much more viable instead of the I AM TOTALLY GOING TO CHARGE PUSH YOU! telegraphed to next week, attack of old. On that note, how is the dodging now? I remember in the alpha it was pretty limited, do you have more control over the direction you can dodge while locked on?

Viking: Compared to the Warden, the Viking (Raider) can chain 3 light attacks, or 3 heavy attacks in a row. A light attack can not be combo'd into a heavy attack. They do however get a "daze" effect on the second light attack hit (Same with the Kenshin) which dazes you and prevents the attack indicator from showing when hit and blurs the screen somewhat.

Is the stamina drain and loss of attack indicators the only mechanical impact the stun has? Seems underpowered unless the opponent is low stamina.

The Viking can also do unblockable heavy attacks by holding back on the left stick while holding left or right on the right stick (overheads can't be unblockable), it will show an orange glow when being done.

Uhg, more glowy stuff -_-

For example: Left heavy, left heavy, right unblockable. Lastly they can guard break into a grab charge which only moves "forward" they can't grab you and throw you backwards, or charge you backwards if they are in front of you. So if there's a ledge behind them, they can't grab you and chuck you off of it, unless your back is towards the ledge itself.

You can switch targets mid combo, so multiple people is a lot easier to deal with.

Ooh! That's something i forgot to ask, what are the controls for targeting now? I really hope it's improved from the alpha.

Campaign felt amazing and wasn't repetitive = )

*breaths sigh of relief*

Boss fight was challenging because he used all the mechanics that weren't in the closed Alpha test 1 so it took me a good 5 mins to figure everything out (Hate you Saburo). That includes swiping aside my guard breaks

By swiping aside the guard breaks do you mean countering it the way it was in the alpha or are you refering to a new mechanic?

Stamina works exactly the same as before, but just has a green bar instead.

I was known as the parry master in the Closed Alpha. I don't miss my parry's. But honestly I did a few due to the new attack indicators which I wasn't used to xD

Do the indicators help you with the timing like the old ones. I hated that about the old ones. I was never really impressed with the parry in the alpha, too easy.

Eidard
06-20-2016, 06:52 PM
3 confirmed classes so far for each factions.

Champion: Warden, Raider, Kenshin (Playable in Campaign only and in MP).

Tank: Shugouki, Lawbreaker (Not revealed third).

Assassin: Orochi (Not revealed two others).

What weapons do shugouki and lawbreaker use?

If I were to guess the shugouki is the guy with the kanabo and the lawbreaker might be the old raider(shield+sword viking).

AvarusTyrannus
06-20-2016, 07:02 PM
What weapons do shugouki and lawbreaker use?

If I were to guess the shugouki is the guy with the kanabo and the lawbreaker might be the old raider(shield+sword viking).

I'm guessing the "Lawbreaker" was the polaxe knight from the campaign, Holden, but to be honest that's the first I've heard the name. I'm amazed Kaze got as much out of them as he did about the names and class types, my coach for the demo was very tight lipped about things like that. Lol

exx2020
06-20-2016, 07:21 PM
The game looks to be a MOBA-ish game with Dark Souls style combat system which is something I've been looking for.

Games are generally split between character skill games (traditional pve RPGs) and player skill games(pvp-centric games such as CSGO, MOBAs). An RPG like DS3 does a good job balancing the two.

How much does character skill impact For Honor? For example, does gear scale to much more powerful versions in For Honor? Or is power through gear more like MOBAs where everyone has similar choices except initial character selection.

coma987
06-20-2016, 07:27 PM
1v1 me m8.

AvarusTyrannus
06-20-2016, 08:05 PM
The game looks to be a MOBA-ish game with Dark Souls style combat system which is something I've been looking for.

Games are generally split between character skill games (traditional pve RPGs) and player skill games(pvp-centric games such as CSGO, MOBAs). An RPG like DS3 does a good job balancing the two.

How much does character skill impact For Honor? For example, does gear scale to much more powerful versions in For Honor? Or is power through gear more like MOBAs where everyone has similar choices except initial character selection.

Ye Gods, I hope this game is as far from a MOBA as possible. Why must every game with minions be compared to a MOBA every game with swords be lumped together. Dark Souls is more akin to Monster Hunter, even other melee sword games like Mount or Chiv aren't really fair comparisons given they use entirely different combat systems and camera perspectives.

As far as we know gear is just cosmetic in this game, and skill is power. No spinning like a beyblade to game the system like Chiv, no rolling for 15 minutes to get a backstab like Soulsborne. Skill would appear to be the most crucial aspect of For Honor, not equipment.

MathiasCB
06-21-2016, 12:32 AM
1v1 me m8.

IT'S ON!
https://media.giphy.com/media/zKIFCGg9aV3dm/giphy.gif
I'm bringing popcorn for this one.

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 03:09 AM
I'm guessing the "Lawbreaker" was the polaxe knight from the campaign, Holden, but to be honest that's the first I've heard the name. I'm amazed Kaze got as much out of them as he did about the names and class types, my coach for the demo was very tight lipped about things like that. Lol

Mine was the same.

That's the first time I heard of most of what Kaze's talking about as well.

AvarusTyrannus
06-21-2016, 04:32 AM
Mine was the same.

He must have roofied one of the devs.

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 07:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sweYKLz.gif

handheld brando
06-21-2016, 05:49 PM
Just how groovy were my dance moves and did my singing make you swoon?

handheld brando
06-21-2016, 05:51 PM
Mine was the same.

Pretty sure the Lawbreaker is one of the things we weren't supposed to really talk about. But yes they did talk about the lawbreaker a little bit but not too much only really saying that it was a class.

ZenBearV13
06-21-2016, 06:38 PM
1. Warden: You can now light attack in a charged push, instead of dodging and charge pushing.

2. Viking: Compared to the Warden, the Viking (Raider) can chain 3 light attacks, or 3 heavy attacks in a row.

3. The Viking can also do unblockable heavy attacks by holding back on the left stick while holding left or right on the right stick (overheads can't be unblockable), it will show an orange glow when being done. For example: Left heavy, left heavy, right unblockable.

4. Lastly they can guard break into a grab charge which only moves "forward" they can't grab you and throw you backwards, or charge you backwards if they are in front of you. So if there's a ledge behind them, they can't grab you and chuck you off of it, unless your back is towards the ledge itself.

5. You can switch targets mid combo, so multiple people is a lot easier to deal with.

1. I don't understand what you mean here. I played the first Alpha and wasn't able to watch the tutorial videos (game would crash every time) so I had to figure out all the mechanics on my own. What is a "charged push" and how does that differ from the guard break>grab and push?

2. Do the Vikings have more stamina than the Knights or will they tire themselves more quickly with their 3 attacks?

3. It seems odd to me that the side attacks have an unblockable option and not the overhead. What informed that decision? Do you have to chain into the third attack in order to do the unblockable one, or can you lead with it/use it in the middle?

4. So the Vikings bull rush as opposed to the Knights' grab and throw? Is that what you mean by "charged push"?

5. How do you switch targets? I never could figure that one out. It seems like the only way is to lower your guard and turn the camera to face a different target and then L2 again.

Casp3r42
06-21-2016, 07:32 PM
1. I don't understand what you mean here. I played the first Alpha and wasn't able to watch the tutorial videos (game would crash every time) so I had to figure out all the mechanics on my own. What is a "charged push" and how does that differ from the guard break>grab and push?

This: https://youtu.be/H52rACMIi5Q?t=332 is now also this: https://youtu.be/hJTlv0d3CmQ?t=604

3. It seems odd to me that the side attacks have an unblockable option and not the overhead. What informed that decision? Do you have to chain into the third attack in order to do the unblockable one, or can you lead with it/use it in the middle?

Most likely balance. limiting the directions you launch an unblockable from makes it more predictable, if he knows i can't block the attack it incentivizing him to go for side attacks which makes it easier for me to predict and therefor avoid, or parry ;)

4. So the Vikings bull rush as opposed to the Knights' grab and throw? Is that what you mean by "charged push"?

See 1. for the charged push but you are otherwise correct.

5. How do you switch targets? I never could figure that one out. It seems like the only way is to lower your guard and turn the camera to face a different target and then L2 again.

Uhg it was so annoying -_-

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Just how groovy were my dance moves and did my singing make you swoon?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/79/df/cc/79dfcc0cf4cc972d4e2eaf86516db741.jpg

ZenBearV13
06-22-2016, 12:01 AM
This: https://youtu.be/H52rACMIi5Q?t=332 is now also this: https://youtu.be/hJTlv0d3CmQ?t=604

Cool! That will definitely come in handy.

Most likely balance. limiting the directions you launch an unblockable from makes it more predictable, if he knows i can't block the attack it incentivizing him to go for side attacks which makes it easier for me to predict and therefor avoid, or parry ;)

What I mean to say is, why not just the overhead gets an unblockable attack? A basic knowledge of physics tells you that you can get more force when gravity is on your side.

Casp3r42
06-22-2016, 12:44 AM
What I mean to say is, why not just the overhead gets an unblockable attack? A basic knowledge of physics tells you that you can get more force when gravity is on your side.

Likely also balance reasons, maybe only 1 direction was just too predictable and it was too awkward if it were top/left or top/right only?

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Made a few mistakes with the revenge mode and viking. Going to make some edits.

Per the Viking, you CAN grab and pull behind you, but you can't grab and pick the enemy up and charge him backwards.

Revenge mode doesn't give you increased attack speed or unlimited attacks during the duration.

It only gives you Super Armor, and a 25 or 50% damage reduction to attacks.

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-22-2016, 04:22 AM

2. Do the Vikings have more stamina than the Knights or will they tire themselves more quickly with their 3 attacks?

1) Dodge with the X (PS4) or A (PC/Xbone) then press Square (PS4) or X (PC/Xbox), and you will dodge then charge into them causing a guard break. Now you're able to do that with the addition of just using 1 light attack and just pressing square or X to do it.

2) Not sure, I couldn't tell.

3) You can only chain into it. Since the Vikings can chain 3 attacks. You can do the unblockable on the second or third chain attack. I tried to do it with the overhead strike, but it wouldn't work. Also it doesn't seem these attacks can be parried against either as Saburo couldn't do it against me. You're best bet is to judge simply dodge it when you see the orange glow and the indicator with the broken shield icon.

4) Yes that is correct. If they guard break you and press the button again while pushing forward on the left stick, they will pick you up and bull rush you several meters foward.

5) Exactly that, just press L2 or left trigger again and it'll switch targets for you. But now you can do it mid combo. For example as Warden: You can hit one guy with two light attacks and smack the second guy with a chained heavy third attack.

As for the Lawbreaker. I was told that Holden was that class, but I wasn't told which class he is that's why I put him temp into tank class, because he looks just like a tank lol.

The female Viking is basically a Valkyrie. I didn't get confirmation if she's a class for MP, but based on her attacks while I was watching her, it "seems" like it.

Casp3r42
06-23-2016, 02:01 AM
Exactly that, just press L2 or left trigger again and it'll switch targets for you. But now you can do it mid combo.

So how to control who you are gonna switch to? If you got 3 opponents, and 1 of the ones your not targetting has lower health then i want to target that guy. Or maybe i want to target the one that's closest, or maybe the one behind me.

Altair_Snake
06-27-2016, 06:23 AM
"Wardens still have their top back riposte =P"
Could you please tell us how this mechanic works?

I've noticed it in the first gameplay videos and it has puzzled me since.
________-

Also...

1- Can unblockable attacks be parried?

2- And for the Warden's unblockable horizontal attack, do you hav eto hold back on the left stick all throughout the 3-hit combo, or just on the last hit?

3- And does holding the left stick back make the attack's range shorter?

Thanks a lot for thsi thread. I've already seen some answers to some quetions I had.

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-28-2016, 09:30 AM
If any character does an overhead strike you can reflect it and strike them immediately after.

1. Unblockable a can't be parried, I tried.

2. The Raider* You don't have to hold back, you just have to hold back on the second or third chain hit.

3. It doesn't make attack range shorter.

AvarusTyrannus
06-28-2016, 07:16 PM
If any character does an overhead strike you can reflect it and strike them immediately after.

1. Unblockable a can't be parried, I tried.

2. The Raider* You don't have to hold back, you just have to hold back on the second or third chain hit.

3. It doesn't make attack range shorter.

I think the first one only works for an overhead heavy attack.

Altair_Snake
06-29-2016, 06:58 AM
Thanks, guys.

And how is the Warden's special parry performed? Same as the other parries? If it is, then it doesn't sound like much of an advantage.

One thing I noticed in one of the old videos is that the riposte can happen even if you range-whiff the parry itself. Dunno if this was a glitch.

HideoshiKaze.TV
07-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Bumping this for new forum users.

HideoshiKaze.TV
08-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Edit. Now offering coaching lessons to anyone interested in the game.

I will also be at PAX West to help out anyone I can there as well = )

Klyka1
08-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Edit. Now offering coaching lessons to anyone interested in the game.

I will also be at PAX West to help out anyone I can there as well = )

Sure thing man, just get me access to the internal testing and I'll let you coach me all night ;)

HideoshiKaze.TV
08-19-2016, 06:07 PM
Lol I'm not apart of any internal testing xD I'm just really good at the game and offer anything I can to help people enjoy it more haha.

Fatal-Feit
08-19-2016, 09:32 PM
I really wish I could have attended PAX West with you, but I need to be 21 years or older and I'm only 19. Slay some Vikings for me! :p

MisterWillow
08-20-2016, 12:22 AM
Slay some Vikings for me! :p

Excuse you!?

http://replygif.net/i/954.gif

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2016, 12:49 AM
Especially the Berserkers.

https://media.giphy.com/media/pzarRhPZKvjOg/giphy.gif

AvarusTyrannus
08-20-2016, 01:09 AM
Especially the Berserkers.

https://media.giphy.com/media/pzarRhPZKvjOg/giphy.gif

Berserker fury never dies.

HideoshiKaze.TV
08-21-2016, 03:11 AM
I really wish I could have attended PAX West with you, but I need to be 21 years or older and I'm only 19. Slay some Vikings for me!
Actually you can still! But you'll have to pay out of pocket to do so. I can help you out with the badges and housing arrangement though.

Stainless001
08-21-2016, 04:48 PM
I was one of the top players for the Closed Alpha and also one of the Star Players for For Honor with extensive hands on experience with the game at E3.

I'll be able to answer anything that's currently revealed online - in depth if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Edit: I was #1 across all daily leaderboards including classes leaderboards for the PC Technical Test. I am now offering coaching lessons to those that are interested in the game! I hope this will help prepare you for the September technical test.
I will also be at PAX West, so expect to see me there doing my best to help out anyone I can = )

Hey man, I'm the For Honor Community Reporter and am a For Honor Star Player, I just want to give you a heads up to remind you that the Technical Test was under NDA and is not to be discussed or mentioned. Doing so could get you in a bunch of trouble.

HideoshiKaze.TV
08-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Hey man, I'm the For Honor Community Reporter and am a For Honor Star Player, I just want to give you a heads up to remind you that the Technical Test was under NDA and is not to be discussed or mentioned. Doing so could get you in a bunch of trouble.

Hey, thanks. Edited my main post. Mentioning though the tech test is fine, as it was advertised by Ubisoft themselves.

SavageCombo
08-23-2016, 01:06 AM
Is there anyway to block attacks? Or is it just Parry?

AvarusTyrannus
08-23-2016, 02:51 AM
Is there anyway to block attacks? Or is it just Parry?

If you are locked on an opponent and in the same stance as the one they attack in you will block the hit, so long as you don't try to make a slower attack, dodge wrong, or try to grab.

Altair_Snake
08-23-2016, 06:55 AM
Is the customiztion of weapons and armor only aesthetic in MP, or does it affect the stats?

And do you think there is a chance for a game "mode" with no HUD (or at least, no AoB and shining stuff)? I would prefer to play without this stuff, but only if the enemy players are also not using them.

Thanks in advance.

MisterWillow
08-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Is the customiztion of weapons and armor only aesthetic in MP, or does it affect the stats?

And do you think there is a chance for a game "mode" with no HUD (or at least, no AoB and shining stuff)? I would prefer to play without this stuff, but only if the enemy players are also not using them.

Thanks in advance.

In regard to customisation, Jason's already said the gear will have stats. Can't comment on how that affects things, though. Sorry.

In regard to HUD-less mode, I'm not sure that would even be viable, honestly. There's so much going on in certain situations that it would almost be impossible to tell what your opponent is doing. Having said that, there's no word on it, either way.

Altair_Snake
08-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks, bro.

From what I've seen, the health bar, along with it's icons should be enough as a HUD. But only after the player gets used to the knowing which attacks from each class are unblockable. Even revenge mode could show up as an element in the health bar, instead of the Dragon Ball visuals.