PDA

View Full Version : AC Chronicles: Russia - Complaint

mini-min
06-19-2016, 07:44 PM
I didn't see any threads related to this, and it's been driving me mad. In Russia, there are 3 scenes where you are basically running for your life. And there is literally no margin for error. 1) Anastasia on the train, 2) Orelov avoiding the spotlights as he crosses the bridge, and 3) Orelov running from the tank (which the animus database says can not move faster than a person can run...but you could fool me).

I am trying to get all of the achievements. It was torture going through the first playthrough in these sections. Now I am on my second playthrough. It is really making me hate this game. Anastasia slides under the bullets and starts to climb...but the fire catches her anyways....what? I was running full out and did not pause. Oh...after the umpteenth dozen time of doing the EXACT SAME THING I somehow miraculously make it up the ladder. Better hope I don't die before the next checkpoint. Orelov starts his run to avoid the spotlight...but that next platform is JUST far enough that I barely make the jump. And if I end up hanging and have to pull myself up, the spotlight catches me. Dead. If I make it (which is rare....and I really don't see a pattern as to where I jump as to whether I make it on my feet or not) on my feet and get up the ladder...I get this lovely slow time section....I can't move but the fricking train and spotlight are still moving. I've lost track of how many times I have been caught by the spotlight and shot right as they release their hold on me. Then getting to the next ladder and getting down without the spotlight getting me...omg. By this time I am a bundle of nerves and tend to hit the drop button twice which keeps me from dropping. Argh. Fast forward to the tank. Again with those platforms that are JUST the right distance away that I tend to catch it with my fingertips. Well, that is assuming I can even get up the ladder before the tank runs me over.

I have played pretty much all of the prior games (I think I am just missing 3), and there have been a lot of areas where you had to nail your timing down. I may not be the best gamer in the world, but after a few runthroughs I can get the timing down pretty good. And unless I make a stupid mistake (like hitting the drop button twice or the jump instead of slide), if I have to replay that section I can breeze through it. But these 3 sections are insane. I have played them so many times I am afraid they'll show up in my dreams. And there doesn't appear to be that sweet spot where you jump and make it every time. No...it's jump and pray that the game allows you to make it this time...and maybe your luck will hold out till the next checkpoint. Now, I don't mind a challenge....but this is ridiculous.

So out of the 3 Chronicles games, Russia is my least favorite. Which is a shame since I was looking forward to it after how nice India was.

P.S. And I still have no idea what those hidden numbers in the three games are for. Hmmm...maybe a code to free Juno? Or bring Desmond back from the dead? Or the pin codes to Ubisoft's managements' bank accounts? Who knows...

mini-min
06-20-2016, 01:33 AM
P.S. And I still have no idea what those hidden numbers in the three games are for. Hmmm...maybe a code to free Juno? Or bring Desmond back from the dead? Or the pin codes to Ubisoft's managements' bank accounts? Who knows...

NM found what the codes are for lol